[Release] Path of Exile Item Info Script - Affix Breakdown and More (Version 1.8.6)

First off, thx for providing and maintaining this nice little tool. I'm an OSS dev myself, so I know what you are doing behind the scenes ;)

However I have a suggestion:
Atm the 'valuable' tag is determined by looking up a given unique in the valuableUniques.txt. If it's not in there, the item is considered 'worthless'. This is currently the case for eg. "Mjöllner gavel". Quite costly for the unaware ;)

So we need a three-way decision here: valuable, worthless and unknown.
The first thought was to integrate that attribute in the uniques.txt, but that file seems to be maintained from some source that doesn't contain the value of an item.
So the second best way seems to be to make valuableUniques.txt contain *all* known uniques with the apropriate value attribute.

And yes, I volunteer to provide those attributes for all the uniques I have ;)
t.i.a.
www.ufoai.org (turn-based strategy, SciFi, OpenSource)
still cannot recognize hybrid mods properly like on this item

says 2 prefix+2 suffix when in actuality there are 3 prefixes (+eva,+eva% and +eva% with stun)

so when can it expected to fix inaccuracies like these. or is that impossible without memory reading
The ahkscript.org installer download link is 404-dead
Hey Hixxie,

Uniques.txt is updated from pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_unique_XXX sites (e.g. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_unique_body_armours) by use of a Python script that you can find with the distribution in the extra folder.

There is no auto-updater at the moment (and there probably won't be since I am against opening connections to other sites from my script if I don't absolutely have to).

Regarding legacy items: since Uniques.txt is updated by an automated process, legacy items would have to be added manually (which is what I wanted to get away from since it cut too much into my spare time). Legacy items would have to be added manually in any case so I guess my willingness to include it would depend on how long that list will be.

Regarding CheckBaseLevel: first off, thanks for letting me know and providing your code. So much has changed recently from the top of my head I can't give you a proper response right now other than: I'll look into it and see what needs changing based on your code.

PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/790438 | IGN: Sadou
Last edited by hazydoc on Mar 11, 2015, 8:29:22 AM
"
aDuke wrote:
First off, thx for providing and maintaining this nice little tool. I'm an OSS dev myself, so I know what you are doing behind the scenes ;)

However I have a suggestion:
Atm the 'valuable' tag is determined by looking up a given unique in the valuableUniques.txt. If it's not in there, the item is considered 'worthless'. This is currently the case for eg. "Mjöllner gavel". Quite costly for the unaware ;)

So we need a three-way decision here: valuable, worthless and unknown.
The first thought was to integrate that attribute in the uniques.txt, but that file seems to be maintained from some source that doesn't contain the value of an item.
So the second best way seems to be to make valuableUniques.txt contain *all* known uniques with the apropriate value attribute.

And yes, I volunteer to provide those attributes for all the uniques I have ;)
t.i.a.

Hey aDuke,

valuableUniques.txt was always intended to be updated by the user after an initial (admittely now probably outdated) list is provided. There are a couple of user editable text files (all of which you can reach conveniently from the tray context menu via the "Edit" submenu)

That being said, I am not against your three-way suggestion at all. Actually I think it is a good idea. I'll add it to my todo list. Thanks.

PS: if you want to send your list, you may try sending me a PM or simply attach it to a post of yours in spoiler tags - up to you which way.
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

Last edited by hazydoc on Mar 11, 2015, 8:19:36 AM
"
still cannot recognize hybrid mods properly like on this item

says 2 prefix+2 suffix when in actuality there are 3 prefixes (+eva,+eva% and +eva% with stun)

so when can it expected to fix inaccuracies like these. or is that impossible without memory reading

Unfortunately your intuition is correct. Unless GGG give extra hints, it will probably be impossible by the very nature of the beast to 100% identify every case correctly. (EDIT: this is only the case for compound affixes. Simple affixes are, well, simple to parse and display)

And, yeah, as you can imagine memory reading is out of the question.

All that I can do is add incorrect cases to my tests (in extras folder) and see that I add code to manually fix them (which is quite laborious).

Fortunately what tends to happend is that every case that is like one incorrect case that was fixed tends to fix it for all of those samey cases.

Last edited by hazydoc on Mar 24, 2015, 11:46:53 AM
"
banzz wrote:
The ahkscript.org installer download link is 404-dead

It seems to work (again) now. Maybe it was a temporary site update?

I'm assuming this would be more code oversight to add, but couldn't there be a check performed on unique's mods, and if it's out of range flag it as legacy? Don't need to, but just curious.

Anyhow looks like I'll be maintaining my own unique list for a while.

On another note, I noticed something different again from previous versions.
Blue items don't show tier at all. They only show the mod's level range.
Is there some limitation here as to why it was removed?

Would be soooo much nicer if GGG just posted a list of all mods on the ctrl+c data, so we don't have to reverse guesstimate the search. Is there a reason they don't or can't do this? I don't recall this being stated anywhere.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Very cool tool!

Is there a way to increase the width of the tooltip?
Ingame: Whootwhoot
Bug reply:
Vaal temple info shown as regular temple 71 map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info