[Release] Path of Exile Item Info Script - Affix Breakdown and More (Version 1.8.6)

I notice my performance is slightly worse playing in windowed fullscreen vs. fullscreen, but, there is nothing we can do about that, since GGG won't allow any api hooks.

I'm running on a GTX 460 OC, which is just slightly underpowered to run everything @ full settings for 60fps. I'll get 60fps smooth 95% of the time, but, those moments where it slows down drive me a little crazy. So, I decided to try playing without Anti-Aliasing and I found the lack of AA was much less irritating than the drop to 30 fps.

So, that is what I am doing now. I'm using version 1.6 of the script by the way and it is working perfectly for me. I think the performance difference between fullscreen and windowed fullscreen is usually around 10%.

Anyways, everything is working perfectly now! Thanks!
Ok, I looked into it a little.

Unfortunately, for the time being Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen is the only way to get the tooltip to appear promptly and without flicker.
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/790438 | IGN: Sadou
Thanks for checking into it. It's a great help for a relatively newbie like me so well worth any window-mode irritations!
Nice script, i got myself something similar but only for the most important mods, also can advise you to extend it to search xyz.poe.is for similar items and parse the results getting average value etc.

---------------------------------------------------

xyzURL := "http://poe.xyz.is/search"
xyzURL .= "?league=Nemesis" ;LEAGUE
xyzURL .= "&buyout=true" ;BUYOUT
xyzURL .= "&type=" . Type ;TYPE
xyzURL .= "&rarity=" . RarityLow ;RARITY
xyzURL .= "&link_max=4" ;MAX 4 LINKS

xyzURL .= "&armour_min=" . Armour * 0.8
xyzURL .= "&armour_max=" . Armour * 1.3
xyzURL .= "&evasion_min=" . Evasion * 0.8
xyzURL .= "&evasion_max=" . Evasion * 1.3
xyzURL .= "&shield_min=" . EnergyShield * 0.8
xyzURL .= "&shield_max=" . EnergyShield * 1.3

xyzURL .= "&mods=" . uriEncode("+# to maximum Life")
if (Life > 0) {
xyzURL .= "&modexclude="
} else {
xyzURL .= "&modexclude=1"
}
xyzURL .= "&modmin=" . Life * 0.90
xyzURL .= "&modmax=" . Life * 1.2
"
Dynuel wrote:
Nice script, i got myself something similar but only for the most important mods, also can advise you to extend it to search xyz.poe.is for similar items and parse the results getting average value etc.

---------------------------------------------------

xyzURL := "http://poe.xyz.is/search"
xyzURL .= "?league=Nemesis" ;LEAGUE
xyzURL .= "&buyout=true" ;BUYOUT
xyzURL .= "&type=" . Type ;TYPE
xyzURL .= "&rarity=" . RarityLow ;RARITY
xyzURL .= "&link_max=4" ;MAX 4 LINKS

xyzURL .= "&armour_min=" . Armour * 0.8
xyzURL .= "&armour_max=" . Armour * 1.3
xyzURL .= "&evasion_min=" . Evasion * 0.8
xyzURL .= "&evasion_max=" . Evasion * 1.3
xyzURL .= "&shield_min=" . EnergyShield * 0.8
xyzURL .= "&shield_max=" . EnergyShield * 1.3

xyzURL .= "&mods=" . uriEncode("+# to maximum Life")
if (Life > 0) {
xyzURL .= "&modexclude="
} else {
xyzURL .= "&modexclude=1"
}
xyzURL .= "&modmin=" . Life * 0.90
xyzURL .= "&modmax=" . Life * 1.2

Thanks a lot. Building the search URL looks relatively straight forward. Involving poe.xyz for even more info on the spot is something I thought about earlier but decided to hold it back for a much later version.

At the moment I am concerned about getting the accuracy right on those ambiguous cases so comparable base data is actually correct before making these searches.
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

I tried to do what you did, 'decipher' all mods and their tiers, what I ended up doing is ignoring suffixes / prefixes and just looking at the mods themselves, ambiguous cased are pretty hard and require sooo much coding that its not worth it, also if a player is up for crafting they already have a very good idea about preffixes/suffixes that they don't need that program.

Ideally I would target this too at beginners/intermediate players who aren't sure what is worth what and also a too for sorting masses of items whilst farming bosses etc...

Having said that I am still hugely impressed with what you have done so far!
Last edited by Dynuel on Feb 16, 2014, 11:21:28 AM
One minor issue in relation to Cast Speed on ammy's. Your script says the max range is 5-22, when on ammy's it's 5-13.

Fantastic job!
"
djnecro wrote:
One minor issue in relation to Cast Speed on ammy's. Your script says the max range is 5-22, when on ammy's it's 5-13.

Fantastic job!

Thanks!

Yeah indeed that is correct but actually not seen as an issue (currently - may change in the future).

Let me explain: Some time into development I switched from using a combination of poemods.com and the mods compendium spreadsheet to using Path of Exile's homepage listings as authorative source. The latter doesn't make a distinction between amulets and other items for cast speed (same with some other mods).

I switched to the PoE website listings (http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/prefixmod and http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/suffixmod) because I found cases of outdated/incorrect data in the mods compendium and then thought, you know what PoE has a website and they list all this data themselves, so since they are the makers of the game they have more of an obligation to keep the data current than community driven secondary sources (even though indeed it may be acurate that cast speed on amulets only goes to item level X instead of all the way to the highest item level).

I agree that to be more accurate I would have to provide a different range of affixes for amulets and similar cases with other mods but then it becomes an issue of which source do I select as authorative? Who can guarantee me that community sites like poemods.com and mods compendium and poe wiki have current and accurate data?

Last edited by hazydoc on Feb 16, 2014, 3:16:05 PM
"
hazydoc wrote:
"
djnecro wrote:

Fantastic job!

Thanks!

Yeah indeed that is correct but actually not seen as an issue (currently - may change in the future). (SNIP)

I'm assuming there are other issues like this in addition to the one with Amulets? If it is only the amulets, I'd just change that particular bit and call it a day.

Obviously, if there are several cases where this type of thing happens, it becomes much more complicated. I'm guessing, based on your answer, that this type of situation occurs with more than just the amulets.

As a possible alternative approach, perhaps you could put a notation in the script that draws attention to the existence of this 'issue'. Another possible solution would be to use an indicator mark like '*', but, obviously a different one as the asterisk is already in use.

I'm sure you'll figure out the best way to handle it going forward as all your work on the script thus far has been fabulous! Just wanted to mention a couple ideas in the unlikely event that you had not considered them. Thanks again!
"
DornoDiosMio wrote:

I'm assuming there are other issues like this in addition to the one with Amulets? If it is only the amulets, I'd just change that particular bit and call it a day.

Obviously, if there are several cases where this type of thing happens, it becomes much more complicated. I'm guessing, based on your answer, that this type of situation occurs with more than just the amulets.

Yep, that is correct. There are a few of these cases. Of the top of my head: local and global strike chance on weapons and items, accuracy rating on jewelry and armour, 1H spell damage and a few more.

"
DornoDiosMio wrote:

As a possible alternative approach, perhaps you could put a notation in the script that draws attention to the existence of this 'issue'. Another possible solution would be to use an indicator mark like '*', but, obviously a different one as the asterisk is already in use.

Well I wouldn't mind to actually straighten it out. I just need to verify if one of the possible sources that indeed does make these distinctions is up-to-date and accurate. When I was scripting on my own a few months ago I didn't know that much about the game so I didn't know which source to trust about the data.

I'll have to think about it some more.
If I don't switch again, then your suggestion certainly sounds more than reasonable.

"
DornoDiosMio wrote:

I'm sure you'll figure out the best way to handle it going forward as all your work on the script thus far has been fabulous! Just wanted to mention a couple ideas in the unlikely event that you had not considered them. Thanks again!

Thanks a lot! Your kind words are much appreciated :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info