[Release] Path of Exile Item Info Script - Affix Breakdown and More (Version 1.8.6)

actually i pressed ctrl+c ;P just like copy n paste...unless theres some magical way of hitting ctrl c lol
"
consca wrote:
"
AlucardGT87 wrote:
hey there,
thanks for taking the time to make this!! Anyway, I'm having some trouble with it. I have the folder on my desktop, it has 2 folders(data, and extras)along with the script and a readme. i start the script, can see the icon in the taskbar. When im in game, nothing happens. So i alt-tab out, and reload the script with the taskbar right click option. sometimes i see a split second white box with the item info in it on my desktop. i go back to the game.. and nothing happens. ive tried stash, inventory and chat.. to no avail. Does the folder need to be in a specific location? i have AHK installed.. is there something i need to do first to be able to use this script? im no programmer X_X

Sorry if this sounds insulting, no offense intended at all, but did you press ctrl-c?

I don't think that is insulting; However, he did mention that the white box with the item did flicker.

I suspect he is having the same issue as many of us are:

This only works when the game is in Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen. For me, I don't even see a flicker - simply nothing happens when in Fullscreen. When I switch to either windowed modes it works like a charm.

I run in fullscreen because I have 2 video cards running in crossfire and in order for them to both be utilized, the application (POE in this case) has to be Fullscreen. I did a quick google search but unfortunately didn't find any solutions.

This is an awesome tool, thanks for it! I would really like to be able to use it in Fullscreen mode though - perhaps a solution will present itself sometime soon.

~Cheers!
ahh.. need to do windowed mode.. hmm didnt know that. I think that would be a great tooltip on the website and thread!!
"
AlucardGT87 wrote:
ahh.. need to do windowed mode.. hmm didnt know that. I think that would be a great tooltip on the website and thread!!

Or better yet, we find a solution to have it stay on top in Fullscreen ;P

(It also may not be affecting everyone this way. It may stay on top for some people when running Fullscreen.)
Last edited by Kolder on Feb 20, 2014, 11:24:56 PM
Excellent work, thanx.
Any plans to add new features in script?
For example function to show which affixes can be add to item by using exalted orb?
Unfortunately, its an issue with autohotkey. So until they fix it, the flicker will be there fullscreen.
HAIL SATAN!
"
Lyrelle wrote:
"
behzadshams wrote:
I read about problems you mentioned when dealing with max possible values for mods on different items. But, in my opinion, even if sources are not very reliable, still it is more beneficial to have values related to item's slot else, it will cause some misleading in judging the actual value of the item which is the actual use of the second columns in the script.

I would agree with this as well. When I'm looking at an item in a specific slot, I'd want to know the best possible tier that specific affix can roll. Otherwise the script wouldn't reach its fullest potential in determining prices until you get to much higher maps, where everything you find can pretty much roll tier 1-3 mods. This being said, that's where I'm at now with one of my characters, so this script is immensely useful for me; I vendor all my crap rares confidently with a vengenance!

On another note, has this been posted to reddit yet? The community there might give you a lot more feedback than official forums, if you're looking for it.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Thanks! When I do the next major revision I will look into including tiers for simple affixes.

Yes I have posted this to Reddit => http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1ybrkm/script_path_of_exile_item_info_affix_breakdown
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/790438 | IGN: Sadou
Last edited by hazydoc on Feb 21, 2014, 4:42:17 AM
"
Kolder wrote:
"
AlucardGT87 wrote:

(It also may not be affecting everyone this way. It may stay on top for some people when running Fullscreen.)

tramshed is right. I looked into it.

From what I understand, it seems to be an issue with how Direct3D fullscreen apps are handled. There can only be one that is fullscreen at any time and the AutoHotkey functionality that causes the tooltip to appear counts as its own D3D application.

I would actually need to inject AHK into the the game for it to show the tooltip in the game's application space. This would make using this script a bannable offence (since it modifies the game) so it's out of the question.
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/790438 | IGN: Sadou
Last edited by hazydoc on Feb 21, 2014, 4:47:33 AM
"
hazydoc wrote:
"
Kolder wrote:
"
AlucardGT87 wrote:

tramshed is right. I looked into it.

From what I understand, it seems to be an issue with how Direct3D fullscreen apps are handled. There can only be one that is fullscreen at any time and the AutoHotkey functionality that causes the tooltip to appear counts as its own D3D application.

I would actually need to inject AHK into the the game for it to show the tooltip in the game's application space. This would make using this script a bannable offence (since it modifies the game) so it's out of the question.

Ah, I see! AFAIK AHK is being managed by the public domain now since it's discontinuation. So perhaps someone will come up with a solution.

Great work all the same! I just switch to Windowed when trading and the such.

~Cheers!
I posted on reddit where the script got 1 item wrong :)

"
I've used this and I have found 1 instance where the script is wrong.

The ring was identified as having 2 Prefixes and 3 Suffixes.

After Eternalling and Exalting, a Suffix spawned instead, and testing the script on the new item shifts to say the IIR was a Prefix instead of a Suffix in the first screenshot.

Spoiler

IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
Last edited by linkstatic on Feb 26, 2014, 1:35:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info