[Release] Path of Exile Item Info Script - Affix Breakdown and More (Version 1.8.6)

That was an interesting post, what was the point?
HAIL SATAN!
"
linkstatic wrote:
I posted on reddit where the script got 1 item wrong :)

"
I've used this and I have found 1 instance where the script is wrong.

The ring was identified as having 2 Prefixes and 3 Suffixes.

After Eternalling and Exalting, a Suffix spawned instead, and testing the script on the new item shifts to say the IIR was a Prefix instead of a Suffix in the first screenshot.

Spoiler

Hi linkstatic

First off thank you very much for taking the time to notify me of this.

You are right that taking both cases as being connected (as they were by you exalting another affix) it is apparent that in the first case, IIR must have been a prefix and not a suffix.

However, taken as instances which are not connected both cases have actually been indentified correctly.

Let my try to explain:

As you certainly know, IIR can either be a prefix or a suffix or a combination of both. Since IIR can be a composite case (meaning the value ingame on the tooltip comes from both prefix and suffix) it is processed out of order of the affix lines ingame. All affix lines that can be of complex origin are processed last after trivial cases so that I have more information and hints to draw conclusions from.

Ok, so here comes the crux of the issue:

When the script reaches the IIR line in the first case (before exalting) it has to make an initial assumption to start with so it can do affix bracket look-ups in the text files. For IIR I pick the case that IIR usually has first before moving on to other/more special combinations.

In most of my cases I have encountered IIR as a suffix, so that is picked as initial assumption. The script then takes the value that the IIR line has ingame and tries to do a bracket lookup for IIR being a suffix. If it succeeds and if there are not already 3 suffixes it will identify it as suffix and move on to the next line. This is what happened in case number one.

So when you exalted the item you added another suffix. At this point it becomes clear that IIR must have been a prefix or otherwise the number of suffixes would have been greater than 3. So when the script processes the second case as it hits the IIR line again, it sees "aha, there are already 3 suffixes" and it then proceeds to abort the identifcation of IIR as a suffix and assumes it is a prefix instead.

Both cases are processed correctly in their own right, and there is really nothing else I can do about this since I cannot make predictions for results of random operations like exalting the item.
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/790438 | IGN: Sadou
Just started using your script and it's working great! Thank you!

Don't know if this was noticed before but DPS shown on Dyadus axes is in the neighborhood of 650. I understand where this is coming from and it's a minor thing really, just though that you might want to know that. Probably too much of a hassle to add Main-hand DPS/Offhand DPS for one item only.
"
johnlocke7 wrote:

Don't know if this was noticed before but DPS shown on Dyadus axes is in the neighborhood of 650. I understand where this is coming from and it's a minor thing really, just though that you might want to know that. Probably too much of a hassle to add Main-hand DPS/Offhand DPS for one item only.

Right, good point. I'll keep it in mind, although admittedly indeed it is of a low priority at the moment :)
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

Last edited by hazydoc on Feb 26, 2014, 5:21:05 PM
"
johnlocke7 wrote:

If he used my updated script I bleave I have fixed that issue.

Also hazydoc I shot you a pm about something.
Tied of trying to figure out iLVL or DPS in game. Check this out http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/594346
hazydoc, could you roll the Map-Info changes Nipper (courtesy of Kislorod) included in his standard script into this one as well?

"
Nipper4369 wrote:
"
johnlocke7 wrote:

If he used my updated script I bleave I have fixed that issue.

Also hazydoc I shot you a pm about something.

Thanks, saw your PM. Replied.

I used v1.2d of the iLVL Revealer and DPS Display script. So the latest changes are not in yet.
I will see to get that in.

Other than that, I am waiting on SotV for any affix breakdown changes.

"
ComMcNeil wrote:
hazydoc, could you roll the Map-Info changes Nipper (courtesy of Kislorod) included in his standard script into this one as well?

Nice. Yeah sure, I will take a look at incorporating that.

Awesome, thank you! :)
Would be nice if you could add another column showing which tier the particular roll is, so it would be easier to spot top tier rolls.

Will def. give this a try next ladder, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info