[Release] Path of Exile Item Info Script - Affix Breakdown and More (Version 1.8.6)

"
tramshed wrote:
So after further testing, it seems not to be wines issue, but POE's, as I cant copy/paste even within the game. Though it may still be due to something wine is doing. Oh well, im done testing it for the evening.

Is there an option maybe in the Wine window manager (what is Wine using? X Windowing System?) to let applications use native clipboard or something?

______

EDIT: something else entirely: anybody can tell me the value of Eternal Orb in Chaos?

The entry for eternal to chaos is still missing from data\CurrencRates.txt because the website I looked at didn't have it listed at all.

______

Script is shaping up really nicely so far! Thanks for all the help. Keep those edge cases coming.
I am proud to say that currently 120 of the hardest cases I could find parse correctly in all tests =)
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/790438 | IGN: Sadou
Last edited by hazydoc on Feb 14, 2014, 1:32:01 AM
"
hazydoc wrote:

Is there an option maybe in the Wine window manager (what is Wine using? X Windowing System?) to let applications use native clipboard or something?

There is, but the wine devs seem to keep moving around where it places them without documenting the moves.

Im pretty sure this is where things are going south, hehe. Ill look into it more tomorrow.

err:clipboard:X11DRV_CLIPBOARD_ExportString Failed to render 0001 format
err:clipboard:X11DRV_CLIPBOARD_RenderFormat hWndClipOwner is lost!
err:clipboard:X11DRV_CLIPBOARD_ExportClipboardData Failed to export 0007 format
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Feb 14, 2014, 2:02:18 AM
"
tramshed wrote:
"
hazydoc wrote:

There is, but the wine devs seem to keep moving around where it places them without documenting the moves.

Im pretty sure this is where things are going south, hehe. Ill look into it more tomorrow.

Hm, hat looks like an encoding mismatch. There should be a config file for the X window server somewhere (maybe in /etc) that you could look for encoding settings for the clipboard.

Or you build Wine yourself and monkey patch before building to accept different string encodings (the ones that the game uses) although that might be overkill.
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

Unfortunately, its nothing so easily fixed. Ive built just about every encoding type known to man into this machine and only wines puking up these issues. Ill beat my head on it some more today and see if I cant accomplish anything.
HAIL SATAN!
"
tramshed wrote:
Im running windows 7 and version 1.5

Havnt tested the new version yet, will shortly. However I did discover what decides the colors. Its based off the windows color settings for tooltips. I use a dark color scheme overall, white on black. It surprised me as well initially when I loaded up the script and the colors were inverted for me already.

EDIT: Yep, it works correctly now with 1.6

Hazydoc, is that correct? I went into my color settings and changed the tooltip colors hoping to get the black box/white text but it didn't work. I'd LOVE to change the color of that white box!

Love the script, very useful :)

Edit: Sorry I took the first spot, I since answered my own question. If you ever need that space for more info on your script or anything, just let me know. I've been around since CB (not religiously, but you can find me) and I'd be happy to copy paste whatever you like into that post.

I have more battle scars than the number of hairs on your ass!
Time Zone: CST -6 (Texas)
Last edited by Lord_Deimos on Feb 14, 2014, 3:53:02 PM
"
Lord_Deimos wrote:
"
tramshed wrote:
Im running windows 7 and version 1.5

Havnt tested the new version yet, will shortly. However I did discover what decides the colors. Its based off the windows color settings for tooltips. I use a dark color scheme overall, white on black. It surprised me as well initially when I loaded up the script and the colors were inverted for me already.

EDIT: Yep, it works correctly now with 1.6

Hazydoc, is that correct? I went into my color settings and changed the tooltip colors hoping to get the black box/white text but it didn't work. I'd LOVE to change the color of that white box!

Love the script, very useful :)

Edit: Sorry I took the first spot, I since answered my own question. If you ever need that space for more info on your script or anything, just let me know. I've been around since CB (not religiously, but you can find me) and I'd be happy to copy paste whatever you like into that post.

Thank you.

I'll admit I have no idea. Maybe tramshed can tell you what he changed in the windows designs exactly to get it that way.

Don't worry about first spot. I saw it more a a much needed bump any way :).
Thanks for the offer. If I do hit the character limit on the OP I'll get back to you.

Odd, I was almost positive it was the tooltip colors. I use a dark color scheme overall and mine just worked. Try fiddling around with other windows color settings.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Feb 14, 2014, 4:55:30 PM
Well, I did figure out why it didn't work right away. For most of the advanced color options (changing tooltip colors/fonts) to work, you have to use Windows Classic mode (even says so right there in the window). Which is hideous to me, so I'm going to keep tinkering and see if I can't find another mode that works with it.

I have more battle scars than the number of hairs on your ass!
Time Zone: CST -6 (Texas)
Nice script! However, when I push control C, I see the item info flicker on the screen then goes right off. Is this a setting I don't have configured correctly?

Edit: -- Figured out I had to play in windowed mode -- Is this the only way?
Last edited by MajWoody on Feb 15, 2014, 1:47:02 AM
"
Nice script! However, when I push control C, I see the item info flicker on the screen then goes right off. Is this a setting I don't have configured correctly?

Edit: -- Figured out I had to play in windowed mode -- Is this the only way?

Thanks!

Well I play in Windowed Fullscreen too because I didn't notice any difference between Fullscreen and Windowed Fullscreen and it makes tabbing out smoother with Windowed Fullscreen.

However if I can get it to not matter for the end user I'll be much happier. I'll have to look into the AutoHotkey command that draws the tooltip on screen.

Couple web searches should hopefully find something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info