PoE vs Grim Dawn

Dunno really, it feels kinda like the original Dungeon Siege for me.

Graphics and gameplay wise.
And I love the original Dungeon Siege!
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 6, 2014, 6:35:55 PM
i noticed there is a slot for pants
Play on veteran mode, regular mode is a SNOOZEFEST, vet is more fun and rewarding.
"
Waves_blade wrote:
Play on veteran mode, regular mode is a SNOOZEFEST, vet is more fun and rewarding.

This. Veteran is hard if you don't know the game, but it's a lot more fun.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
GooberM wrote:
I don't get why everyone loves the game so much.

-The environments are really similar.
-I've played 3 classes and their skill sets are really boring.
-Other than the grenadier there's almost no AoE skills.
-It seems that for most classes, mana isn't even an issue.
-Mobs are only ever a threat if you aggro 3 screens worth of them. Bosses are the only real threat.
-Mobs are pretty boring

+Offline mode
+Drop system
+Crafting isn't terrible

It's just a personal preference but I hate having a big open world over smaller areas.
Haven't had much fun with the game other than farming the Warden.

-Environment and level design is supposed to be seamless and make geographic sense - areas are wide but short going to the next zone so you can stick around and explore everything or race through the zone and continue on. There are differences in the environment but they are both subtle and transition more then the usual Act 1 = forest/plains, Act 2 = desert contrast like a lot of other Arpg's. There are plans for future expansions which will bring snow capped mountains, exotic deserts, eventually leading to the heart of the old human empire on Cairn and the remains of the capital city. Act 3 will most likely add a lot more contrast imo.

-Demolitionist has a lot of AoE abilities - being a mastery centering around explosions. Every mastery has AoE abilities though. Energy usage depend on the skill build and gear.

-Veteran mode will make the game more challenging. Some of the mobs are definitely generic like spiders but something like the Skeletal Monstrosity or Ch'thonic Harbinger are definitely a bit more of the interesting mob types. Also there are some challenge dungeons/secrets as well.
There is no POE vs Grim Dawn for myself.

I like Grim Dawn more currently because as a whole even in its current state of development it offers a more satisfying experience for my taste in ARPGs.

But I won't compare what both have to offer as both are so different.

=)
Last edited by Temper on Jul 7, 2014, 1:26:08 AM
needs auto-meld crafting mats button

(if they intend to keep the mat droprates that high)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Good things:
-melee combat feels really good, better than PoE
-the world is more open
-monster design/look better
-most animations, models, textures look better than PoE
-offline/no lag/ no balance around economy/mod support
-real crafting in game

Bad things:
-range combat feels worse than in PoE
-all areas are very similar, and no randomization
-skill effects don't look that good
-not that interesting skill design
-no server side option for multiplayer
"
Temper wrote:
There is no POE vs Grim Dawn for myself.

I like Grim Dawn more currently because as a whole even in its current state of development it offers a more satisfying experience for my taste in ARPGs.

But I won't compare what both have to offer as both are so different.

=)

Quoting myself lol.

Should have read *Was*enjoying GD more,not currently.

To be truthfull I'm not actually playing GD at the moment either and am waiting until new difficulties are released with hopefully the next act,maybe I'll do some co-op when that's live,dunno yet.

Currently I'm investing time between co-op D3 and Xcom for a change of pace.

I really got to get off the rum .. lol

=_)
D3 and XCOM are both great ^^^
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info