PoE vs Grim Dawn

Has anyone bothered with Grim Dawn yet? It looks interesting, but am I right that this game has steam punk elements? If so I'm not even gonna bother.

So how does it stack up against PoE?
Its in alpha status, so any discussion is pointless.
one feature from the main page that immediately stands out compared to poe:

"Refined loot system drops less junk items and ensures more consistent rewards from hero and boss monsters."

any can claim this is true?
Well the game has guns and pistols in it, if that is steampunk for you then don't bother with it. It feels just like Titan Quest in another setting, and comparing it to poe is not really easy. I Enjoyed the game so far though, just give it a try when you can.
It is a bit funny to play, combat isn't quite as fluid and building characters isn't quite as free in choice.

I'll give it this though, the atmosphere is the darkest i have played since D1. But yea, it's a bit like titan quest in some ways so it isn't off the best branch of ARPG's like PoE is :P
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"

"Refined loot system drops less junk items and ensures more consistent rewards from hero and boss monsters."

Realize that it's the players that define what "junk" is and not the game. No matter what the developers call items, 99.99% of them will be junk to the players. That's completely independent of the game design and how the game goes about granting items.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"

Realize that it's the players that define what "junk" is and not the game. No matter what the developers call items, 99.99% of them will be junk to the players. That's completely independent of the game design and how the game goes about granting items.

not all players think shavs, koams and mirrored rares define a game. and note "consistent", relying on rng for good uniques like poe is not consistant in any way.

ok lets say uniques for instance, will the equivalent of BoRs and shavs for grim dawn drop just slightly better in grim dawn than in poe?
or do you need crazy amount of iir/iiq jsut to get decent rares like in poe?
Very curious about this game, but cant purchase it quite yet.
I spent the meager 10 dollars on PoE back in beta, but dunno yet about Grim Dawn.
I want to p@lay it, and I am very hopeful. Not at all interested in which is better, both seem good.
I'd compare it to D3 for consoles, just with a better and more diverse skill system and itemization. I wouldn't compare it to PoE, though.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"

Sounds like the revamped D3 loot system.

If loot is too easy to get you won't be playing for very long.
Nothing to see here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info