[2.0.0] maxBo's SplitArrow/Frenzy Guide (new lvl77 Shrine Vid, HC Viable))

Finally broke 1k DPS on SA tooltip without frenzy stacks...
now struggling at 73+ maps, and physical reflect just destroys me

my gear

looking to get a better bow soon, probably a thicket with 6.5+ Crit.

my question is how do you deal with reflect? and what gear needs upgrading @@
"
iSammyJ wrote:

my gear

Maybe more pdps on your bow? I think everything else looks good, I just see potential in incremental upgrades, perhaps getting more resists on your belt and boots, in order to maximize dps potential from your quiver (and more life on the quiver)?

How is the Rat's nest working out for you? the dps boost is nice, but I would have trouble making up the resists, I think. What is your total Armor before Grace? I think Armor is where you may be lacking.
"
iSammyJ wrote:

If you have Exalts laying around, you could try for a +Physical Damage and/or Global Crit on your bow and it would be perfect.

Everything else, as already said above, just look for incremental upgrades here and there.

How I deal with Reflect, Lightning Thorns, etc...

I'm an Evasion build and haven't killed myself in several levels (82 now).

Pop flasks when CwDT goes off and you should be fine. This works for wandering around the corner into a Rogue Exile too. Most groups I know tend to skip Reflect maps just because they go so slowly for everyone.

I'm running Rat's Nest too. If you're curious about the rest of my gear:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/786795/page/26
Last edited by feyith on Mar 30, 2014, 3:04:28 PM
Not gonna waste ex on this bow, i find it hard to come by currency, just gonna save for a 350 dps bow.

Also i am evasion aswell, didnt think about using armor flask tho, i run a jade flask with +evasion umm...

not had a group not run reflects, and most of the time its fine, but in solo, and occasionally group, a crit explodes me -.- frustrating when it does happen
"
DKSMOOVE wrote:
"
The quiver will be very hard to upgrade since crit multiplier has been nerfed to max 38% in patch 1.1. The gem setups are also a bit dreadful ^^'. And that bow is really nice, there's really no need for a lioneye's glare. You should just link it to 4L, and 5/6L eventually.

I intentionally kept it 3/3 for now for the bow since I am using blood magic with clarity and reduced mana with Grace.

I will experiment more though.
I used to run clarity with bm for a long time, but last week I found a nice trick in a ST build, use this:

So you can reconfigure your bow with reduced mana, clarity and grace, and you have 3 free sockets. Run grace as normal, then put the helm, run clarity, and remove the helm. And you save quite a bunch of life. The only draw back is that you have to do that each time you change zone, and that takes a 4 squares in your inventory. But I'm ok to lose that space if I can save 200 hp.

And btw, do you really need burning arrow and frenzy? One of them should be enough imo. You could move your auras on your gloves (because you don't want them to be on the helm with the trick above) and then link your bow :D
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
"
DKSMOOVE wrote:
"
The quiver will be very hard to upgrade since crit multiplier has been nerfed to max 38% in patch 1.1. The gem setups are also a bit dreadful ^^'. And that bow is really nice, there's really no need for a lioneye's glare. You should just link it to 4L, and 5/6L eventually.

I intentionally kept it 3/3 for now for the bow since I am using blood magic with clarity and reduced mana with Grace.

I will experiment more though.
I used to run clarity with bm for a long time, but last week I found a nice trick in a ST build, use this:

So you can reconfigure your bow with reduced mana, clarity and grace, and you have 3 free sockets. Run grace as normal, then put the helm, run clarity, and remove the helm. And you save quite a bunch of life. The only draw back is that you have to do that each time you change zone, and that takes a 4 squares in your inventory. But I'm ok to lose that space if I can save 200 hp.

And btw, do you really need burning arrow and frenzy? One of them should be enough imo. You could move your auras on your gloves (because you don't want them to be on the helm with the trick above) and then link your bow :D

awesome advice thanks! I will let u know if I have any trouble with this trick.

Also, you are right, i do not need burning arrow, I only use it when I am low on mana when using frenzy. Awesome thanks man!~
"

i forget! :D

maybe i have to readjust the tree...if you lack of dps try the multiplier nodes in the tree
Ingame: maxboo

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/786795 maxBoo´s Ranger Guids Over 300.000

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1205678 HotW Submission
"
iSammyJ wrote:

my gear

seems like your gear lacks of +HP ! :)

more hp = care less about reflect!

if you have so much problems with reflect i guess your dps are ok.... switch out Faster Attack for Life on hit! ;)
Ingame: maxboo

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/786795 maxBoo´s Ranger Guids Over 300.000

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1205678 HotW Submission
"
maxboo wrote:
"

i forget! :D

maybe i have to readjust the tree...if you lack of dps try the multiplier nodes in the tree
The problem is that nodes have also been nerfed. It'll be hard to compensate for the loss. And what would you remove to take something like Heartseeker? A mere 45% crit mul for 3 points, this is expensive. My bet is that to take this cluster you'll have throw away either Iron Reflexes, the 3 life/mana nodes or the life and crit chance after Bloodthirst. A painful trade imo.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Max, I noticed your gear doesn't utilize a Rustic Sash, for the potential 24%+ phys dmg, why is that?

I am in pursuit of finding a nice Rustic sash with nice resists + HP, but I am debating if it is worth the 350 armor loss from my current belt and the nice HP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info