[2.0.0] maxBo's SplitArrow/Frenzy Guide (new lvl77 Shrine Vid, HC Viable))

Hi max, i have been playing with this guide in invasion and it has been good for me (although i haven't switched to COC + EK yet). I'm soon gonna switch when i can 5-link my lioneye's. What do you think about RearGuard as quiver? I mean it's really really defensive option so do you think i would lack dmg if i would buy it? My current gear atm:

And as soon as 5 link:

I can pretty easily do 6x maps, but i have been playing really really careful. I know block would help me immensely and that stun/block thing would help me immensely against stunlock (which is biggest threat atm aside from crazy spike dmg).

My skill three got some more str for my cwdt combos:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgW1BfkM8g5ID6sRlhXwGf4a2xsBIXYj9iQ8JpUnqSmlMfoyATKUNj06WDqzPs9JO0lRSn1OKlFHVUtW-lpIWm1br176X-Fh4mKsZ6BrJG1sbXtwUnDVdEF293fXfwJ_xocZh3aIa4w2jX2Nv4_6lQWV6Zsmm42do52qoSKiQKOKpcum4Kc0p1yn1Kp_qriv67IZtUi95sBRxKLKqc3qz3rWndnG3BXdDeOE53TuDu_w8EL0-Plj_Kv8xf7I
I tried this build out on my old retired lvl 81 standard league ranger. Took him out for a lvl 70 pier map.

Gear
Spoiler

Skillmap

I don't know if it's this build or just archery in general that feels weak. Takes several shots just to kill whites. With my facebreaker or summoner every white just dies instantly and they have the same aoe ability too.

Also hard to sustain mana. Pretty big mana problems with this setup. Maybe i need another 2% mana leech? Tried running a lvl 5 clarity alongside grace but i still have to use blue flasks regularly. Not what i was looking for.

Clearing speed is meh. I wasn't too impressed. My other builds are more effective.

So yeah unless anyone here got some tips for me i would say my ranger is once again retired.

Thanks.

Last edited by kompaniet on Mar 29, 2014, 10:37:17 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
I tried this build out on my old retired lvl 81 standard league ranger. Took him out for a lvl 70 pier map.

Gear
Spoiler

Skillmap

I don't know if it's this build or just archery in general that feels weak. Takes several shots just to kill whites. With my facebreaker or summoner every white just dies instantly and they have the same aoe ability too.

Also hard to sustain mana. Pretty big mana problems with this setup. Maybe i need another 2% mana leech? Tried running a lvl 5 clarity alongside grace but i still have to use blue flasks regularly. Not what i was looking for.

Clearing speed is meh. I wasn't too impressed. My other builds are more effective.

So yeah unless anyone here got some tips for me i would say my ranger is once again retired.

Thanks.

well, this build require high crit chance to be op, since u will be proc-ing ek and will 1shot all the whites. mana wise, try to get 2% leech on each ring and mana drinker helps abit too. use surgeon mana flask for nv ending mana.

all in all, having high crit chance is the key to op in this build.
Ign: Sharppppp
"
Gumih0 wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

Gear
Spoiler

Skillmap

Thanks.

well, this build require high crit chance to be op, since u will be proc-ing ek and will 1shot all the whites. mana wise, try to get 2% leech on each ring and mana drinker helps abit too. use surgeon mana flask for nv ending mana.

all in all, having high crit chance is the key to op in this build.

Uh i have crit gear on which i linked. Also i'm not sure getting a bunch of mana leech is gonna lead anywhere when it's capped at 12,5% of max mana/sec. Well i suppose it can't hurt to give it a try.

Already have mana drinker.
More damage is going to help a lot more than more leech is, IMO. Your hat and armor could stand to be rerolled? I think you kind of have to pick whether you want to do a "normal" build or a CoC build. Your skill tree, gear and stats are all somewhere in between both right now and isn't using the strong sides of either.
Been following this guide for Ambush. It's been working out pretty well. Here is my gear:

4.5k HP
4.1k Armor
400 Mana
Resists capped

9k Frenzy DPS (with full frenzy charges)
1.4k SA DPS (w/ full frenzy charges)

I've been trying to incorporate some IIR in my gear as well (currently at 72 atm).

And here is my tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgW1BfkM8g5ID6sRlhXwGf4a2xsBIXYj9iQ8JpUnqSmlMHwx-jIBMpQ2PTnUOlg-z0lRSn1OKlFHVUtW-loaWkhabVuvX-Fh4megayRtbG17b_JwUnDVdvd3138Cfyt_xocZh3aIa4w2jX2Nv5UFlembJpuNnaOdqqCfoSKiQKOKpcum4Kc0p1yn1Kp_qriv67IZtUi2QbvjvebAUcSiyqnPetnG3BXdDeOE53TuDu_w8EL0-Plj_Kv8xf66_sg=

I do not have anything above a 5L atm. I've been thinking if I should save for a Lioneye's or upgrade my chest to a 5L, or upgrade my ammy for some more dps/IIR etc. I do not have much problems with mana atm.
Last edited by DKSMOOVE on Mar 30, 2014, 3:07:55 AM
"
Separius wrote:
Hi max, i have been playing with this guide in invasion and it has been good for me (although i haven't switched to COC + EK yet). I'm soon gonna switch when i can 5-link my lioneye's. What do you think about RearGuard as quiver? I mean it's really really defensive option so do you think i would lack dmg if i would buy it? My current gear atm:

And as soon as 5 link:

I can pretty easily do 6x maps, but i have been playing really really careful. I know block would help me immensely and that stun/block thing would help me immensely against stunlock (which is biggest threat atm aside from crazy spike dmg).

My skill three got some more str for my cwdt combos:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgW1BfkM8g5ID6sRlhXwGf4a2xsBIXYj9iQ8JpUnqSmlMfoyATKUNj06WDqzPs9JO0lRSn1OKlFHVUtW-lpIWm1br176X-Fh4mKsZ6BrJG1sbXtwUnDVdEF293fXfwJ_xocZh3aIa4w2jX2Nv4_6lQWV6Zsmm42do52qoSKiQKOKpcum4Kc0p1yn1Kp_qriv67IZtUi95sBRxKLKqc3qz3rWndnG3BXdDeOE53TuDu_w8EL0-Plj_Kv8xf7I

weak bow! and the quiver needs high critchance + critmultiplir(about 50-60)

For more dmg in standard leagues you can spec out of 3-6 HP nodes and put them into Critmultiplier nodes! Experiment! The build which i suggest is more defense cause i dont want to die due to reflect or something else!

+ normal physical rangers are not OVERpowered :)
Ingame: maxboo

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/786795 maxBoo´s Ranger Guids Over 300.000

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1205678 HotW Submission
"
DKSMOOVE wrote:
Been following this guide for Ambush. It's been working out pretty well. Here is my gear:

4.5k HP
4.1k Armor
400 Mana
Resists capped

9k Frenzy DPS (with full frenzy charges)
1.4k SA DPS (w/ full frenzy charges)

I've been trying to incorporate some IIR in my gear as well (currently at 72 atm).

And here is my tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgW1BfkM8g5ID6sRlhXwGf4a2xsBIXYj9iQ8JpUnqSmlMHwx-jIBMpQ2PTnUOlg-z0lRSn1OKlFHVUtW-loaWkhabVuvX-Fh4megayRtbG17b_JwUnDVdvd3138Cfyt_xocZh3aIa4w2jX2Nv5UFlembJpuNnaOdqqCfoSKiQKOKpcum4Kc0p1yn1Kp_qriv67IZtUi2QbvjvebAUcSiyqnPetnG3BXdDeOE53TuDu_w8EL0-Plj_Kv8xf66_sg=

I do not have anything above a 5L atm. I've been thinking if I should save for a Lioneye's or upgrade my chest to a 5L, or upgrade my ammy for some more dps/IIR etc. I do not have much problems with mana atm.

Looks not bad! but you have much improvement space left! Jewellery lacks of +HP! Quiver and Amu need more CritChance + Critmultiplier! Bow looks good, respect! Harbinger pushs the CoC+EK variant insanely!!!
Ingame: maxboo

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/786795 maxBoo´s Ranger Guids Over 300.000

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1205678 HotW Submission
The quiver will be very hard to upgrade since crit multiplier has been nerfed to max 38% in patch 1.1. The gem setups are also a bit dreadful ^^'. And that bow is really nice, there's really no need for a lioneye's glare. You should just link it to 4L, and 5/6L eventually.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
The quiver will be very hard to upgrade since crit multiplier has been nerfed to max 38% in patch 1.1. The gem setups are also a bit dreadful ^^'. And that bow is really nice, there's really no need for a lioneye's glare. You should just link it to 4L, and 5/6L eventually.

I intentionally kept it 3/3 for now for the bow since I am using blood magic with clarity and reduced mana with Grace.

I will experiment more though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info