[2.0.0] maxBo's SplitArrow/Frenzy Guide (new lvl77 Shrine Vid, HC Viable))

Yo, I'm new to the game; however, I feel like I can do this same build on a Shadow. Given that I'll have to move a few points around. If anyone can see any cons with using this build on a shadow I would appreciate the feedback. Thanks :D
"
koconickname wrote:
hi max .. i'm following your build on Invasion .. but i have a question for u ,, how can u keep alive with Lightning Thorn ..... i cant find the point . plzz answer me ! TY so much

This and Reflect is still and always a problem! OFC you have to play with Eyes open!

Lightning Thorns is a buff that the blackguard mages cast, that does damage each time you hit an enemy with the buff. You can see the buff, as it is a lightning triangle floating around the enemy's.

High Life, CWDT, Resis/Armor and play smart! ;)
Ingame: maxboo

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/786795 maxBoo´s Ranger Guids Over 300.000

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1205678 HotW Submission
"
maxboo wrote:

Life: 6.300
Mana: 800
Physical Red atlvl90: ~50%
Resists: all at 75 and more!
Frenzy DPS: ~30.000 (with a Party who shares Charges and Auras ~50-70.000)

Hi, MAxboo!

I go to your build. Сould you put your screenshots parameters (Offence and Defence ) of the character without all auras on default atack and split arrow ? I am now level 64 and DPS split arrow only 2000 ... very hard to pass the levels ....
"
Pookasauras wrote:
Yo, I'm new to the game; however, I feel like I can do this same build on a Shadow. Given that I'll have to move a few points around. If anyone can see any cons with using this build on a shadow I would appreciate the feedback. Thanks :D

Mine's a Shadow. :)
"
meva161 wrote:
"
maxboo wrote:

Life: 6.300
Mana: 800
Physical Red atlvl90: ~50%
Resists: all at 75 and more!
Frenzy DPS: ~30.000 (with a Party who shares Charges and Auras ~50-70.000)

Hi, MAxboo!

I go to your build. Сould you put your screenshots parameters (Offence and Defence ) of the character without all auras on default atack and split arrow ? I am now level 64 and DPS split arrow only 2000 ... very hard to pass the levels ....

Will do that later...what about you post your Gear so we can give you some information

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/786795 maxBoo´s Ranger Guids Over 300.000

"
feyith wrote:

Yes, Alpha's Howl would give you an insane boost. But without it, the reduced mana nodes are additive. So 60% x .71 (level 20 gem) x .8 (-20% from 2 nearby passive clusters) = ~34%. You can actually add a third (40% = 23%) aura if you have a really low cost attack like level 10 Barrage. I usually run a Purity too. With level 8 Clarity on Life.

So I just need these 3 reduced mana nodes and a lvl 20 gem?
I run clarity on BM but it takes 300 life which is quite alot (only have 2200 right now)
So no need for alhpas howl? It would save me farming a few exalted xD

Thank you
after i saw 71 map video and checked all your items and all i can say is char clear speed is insanely low due to your items quality.. no offense here, just want positive crictise..

without hatred or wrath dps addition there is no way to deal certain dps amounts with this char.. i have tested 1million combination with diff type of items and result is not satisfying like your performance in lvl 71 video.

there are some ways to fix this issue,
1) more aura nodes + mana regen mana nodes
2) more aura nodes + alpha howl
3) less aura nodes + clarity on hp pool

in the end its really awesome guide, but might want to tweak it abit..

also, i am not fan of IR on ranged chars.. assuming that, any ranger char who is +80 lvl prob has 300-350 dexterity, acro and ondars nodes in the passive tree... wasting/skipping 'all' for ranged char to get more def is not good idea for me, at least.

for bow choice, yeah its impossible to play ondars, prob acro with that bow(lioneyes) but any good harb or thicket with decent aspeed and crit addition shines vs lioneyes imo. just 1 gg addition of lioneyes is epic flat mana which is this char main issue with 2 %60 aura.

ps: players who try this char from start; you need to wait till 70,80s to get max from your char.. you will ned crit nodes and some more aspeed+mana balance.. so patience is important here.id advice to play no coc till 70s with this char.
Wouldn´t it be wise to change the following:

In your build you go to Heavy Draw, but I the that the nodes right next to them will be much better for this build, wouldn´t it?

To Compare:

Heavy Draw
18% physical dmg
4% life
16% stunduration
+ the nodes to get there
3 times: 4% life and 6% physical

Deadly Draw:

16%physical
16% critical
30% crit multiplier
+ 3 times 8% physical and 8% crit

I mean I would loose like 16% life (for 4 Points)?! But get like 16% + 3 * 8 % physical AND 16% + 3* 8% critical AND 30% multiplier.

Would´nt that boost the dmg by a huuuuugggeee amount? I mean by a lot?!

btw.: Do you recommended getting the frenzy charge for bandit and that one near IR, or save the points/get the points from the quest?
Last edited by Kaeltwyn on Mar 21, 2014, 6:23:03 PM
I´m going for both, heavy and deadly draw! To be True here, there are not many DMG Nodes in the ranger section left which I have not taken! OFC you can specc out of some Life Nodes and specc into the Multiplier Nodes (missing about 80% multiplier currently). If you play in Partys you will always have all Auras! And if you play solo the DMG is enough to clear maps in a decent way! (fast & safely)

OFC this build doesnt oneshot everything! But there are some guys following my build who are using Mirrored Harbinger bows and they blow everything up!

There is no way to spec better when you are playing an IR Physical Crit Ranger!

OFC if you want Auras you have to take those nodes...i just dont liked them :)

I´m actual testing Evasion/Evade in Invasion league! Till now its insane! (Only lvl 50) :D

P.S. to say my clearspeed is INSANELY low .... is a bit....mhhhh :D

PP.S. In the Video i dont play with the exact setup! I´m playing the CoC-Setup with Life on Hit and missing my 20/20 Faster Attacks there! ;) ;)

PPP.S The build wants to be Hardcore viable! ;)

Last edited by maxboo on Mar 21, 2014, 8:41:51 PM
How do you do deal with phys reflect and lightning thorns doe
MFJonesHC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info