Summon Raging Spirit

Being Targeted:
AOE, and Ranged attacks still hurt them. Spirits (Skulls) can even be hit by Auto Melee Attacks if the melee enemy strikes and the Skull moves into the way. Skulls will stop ranged attacks if the ranged attacks aren't piercing ranged attacks.

Getting to 50:
You can in essence reach 50 quite easily. Since it is a summon it's no affected by Ancestral Bonds. So with AB (Ancestral Bonds) you can be a totem yourself. Add increased casting speed, increased duration, or even Soul Mantle which would give you another totem and viola' you've got 50 Skulls.

Best way to Increase Skulls DPS?:
Auras. Get lots and lots of auras. Soul Mantle helps, since you can 6L and have another slot open for a support gem (since Soul Mantle gives all gems innate Spell Totem).

What Support Gems Go With It?:
Minion Gems, and MOST melee support gems.

How much life do Skulls have?:
Instead of a % based life total, Skulls I believe are based around a Hit System. They die once they reach a certain amount of hits, regardless of dmg received.

Other Ways, Than Totems, To Use This Skill:
Extra DPS as a Pure Summoner Build, CoC Barrage, and CoC Cyclone and/or CoC Cyclone/Righteous Fire. (Only other builds I can think of that would find this skill barely usable).

Best Way To Describe This Skill:
Zerglings, Locusts, or Swarm.

Late Game Viability:
Still somewhat decent once you get auras, but severely lack luster in map groups until you do.

What This Skill Desperately Needs To Be Efficient:
Other summons to tank.

What I Hope Still Gets Clarified:
Scaling Base DPS.

What Wrecks SRS?:
Basically everything other than generic melee single target attackers or non-spell ranged single target attackers.
IGN: AuraMeThis
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
Consuming Dark/Bino's ED/Contagion
Last edited by armyguyclaude on Feb 7, 2014, 5:54:18 PM
I've not reached 50 yet, but for those who have, using totems, I've noticed that it includes the totems themselves in the counter for how many skulls I have.

Using totems, will I be restricted to 48 (or 47 with 3 totems) skulls, or will the counter click over to 52 (or 53)?
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
I don't know. But I've noticed it as well. I reached 46 AVG skulls per mob group fight before Reeping in Nemesis. 3 of those counted Skulls were Totems.
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
Same with skeletons, skeleton totem counts as a skeleton. But it doesn't restrict you, it still summons them all.
"
DarkTl wrote:
Same with skeletons, skeleton totem counts as a skeleton. But it doesn't restrict you, it still summons them all.

Thanks
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
I know it's hard to test, but how much damage do the spirits get with lvls? Particulary after 20? Since it's the first minion skill that can go to lvl 26 it would be nice to know if it is worth it to overlevel it.

Empower as a potentially viable support, viability of setting them up in +2+1 staff, if only GGG would be so kind as to give as damage numbers on them.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Feb 8, 2014, 11:58:45 AM
I'm very interested in this skill. I'm planning to change my boring COC/EK character to a COC/SRS one(change socket colors, use Wrath instead of Hatred and some passive adjustments).
Guide for gears of ST leveling: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/765267
"
Poizie123 wrote:
"
Galtrovan wrote:

I'm telling you, the spirits can be directly targeted. Go find some trash mob archers in Ledge and test it yourself. Don't forget to turn on "Ally Life Bars" so that you can see the spirits take damage as the archers target and shoot the spirits.

just did this and the only time the spirits were attacked was when I was the one being shot at...when i was out of range they were never hit once

made a vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTMERBEANeA&feature=youtu.be

You are right. I'm wrong. Spirits never get targeted, just get hit by collateral damage.
Thanks for coming back and saying that.

Pretty rare in an internet discussion.

With that said,

@GGG,

GIVE US MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS (AND OTHER) SKILL(S)!
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
"
Thanks for coming back and saying that.

Pretty rare in an internet discussion.

With that said,

@GGG,

GIVE US MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS (AND OTHER) SKILL(S)!

If you are referring to me, well, I don't have a problem admitting I'm wrong. But yes, we do need more skill info!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info