Summon Raging Spirit

"
Thyariol wrote:
What kind of attack are the skulls doing? Will Melee Splash work on RS?

Yes. Melee Splash is the first support gem I link to the skulls. You quickly learn you need the AoE. Second support is Chance to Ignite. While there are probably better choices than CtoI, I don't have the mana to handle their mana cost multipliers yet. CtoI is 110%, vs. the 150% to 180% of the other choices.
Thank you!
I thought the damage on this skill was pretty great to start, but as of L70 or so it seems to really be falling off. The damage on them seems to be falling behind, in my experience.

How is the damage for everyone else?
Who knows? We have no information on the damage of the skill, aside from a gut-feeling based on how fast it kills monsters.

We literally have nothing else to work with.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Feb 6, 2014, 12:24:31 PM
"
goodgimp wrote:
I thought the damage on this skill was pretty great to start, but as of L70 or so it seems to really be falling off. The damage on them seems to be falling behind, in my experience.

How is the damage for everyone else?

From experience, all minion damage is underpowered compared to other builds. My Templar using this skill is only level 26 currently (thus my mana issue I posted above). DPS seems fine now, but as I said, from experience, I expect the damage to fall off, just like every other minion skill.

I wish GGG would tell us the damage numbers for all the minion skills, at all gem levels (and life/resists/speed/anything else that applies). We add supports to get increased and/or more damage, and we don't even know the base damage number we are modifying. How are we supposed to know whether increased/more is better/worse than just using straight up added fire/cold/lightning/chaos gems? Trial and error testing isn't fun. I want to know the numbers so I can do a simple calculation to determine what's best.
Ok, so I'll post some info i gained through using this skill. Parts of it can be wrong, if so, please correct me.
1. Though spirits cannot be damaged, they still seem to take aggro. This makes enemy face spirit doing nothing, letting me or other minions damage him freely.
2. Spirits seem to scale with all those support gems: phys dmg on melee hit, phys dmg on full life3, minion dmg(this one is obvious). With all those gems at once spirits seem to have highest possible 1-target dmg of all minions, especially with chance to ignite support gem.
3. on first lvl they seem to deal around 10-12 dmg
4. real duration is 3 seconds, not 3.5 because 0.5 second after appearing they do nothing(acquiring target?)

not yet tested: they appear near player even if summoned through cast on crit proc using ranged skill/spell instead of near monster hit by skill
Nothing here
I wonder if it's possible to hit the limit (50 spirits) at all. Sounds interesting as the core of a build.
Last edited by DarkTl on Feb 6, 2014, 2:27:55 PM
Ofc, multiple totems with faster casting, split shot with gmp increased crit and cast on crit, there are many ways to reach limit
Nothing here
currently lvl 53 and have been lvling with them...if u have the gear to 6 link and the mana to support them id compare it to lvling with facebreaker+IB...using 6l searing touch with (spirits/multistrike/melee splash/faster attacks/minion damage/increase duration).

not sure how to calculate dps but when i hit merciless at 49 i killed hillock before he used his heal if that helps at all

only aura im running is clarity

so far im enjoying it but plan to go with summons once im high enough to use my gems
Last edited by Poizie123 on Feb 6, 2014, 3:34:03 PM
"
trolldemort wrote:
Ok, so I'll post some info i gained through using this skill. Parts of it can be wrong, if so, please correct me.
1. Though spirits cannot be damaged, they still seem to take aggro. This makes enemy face spirit doing nothing, letting me or other minions damage him freely.
2. Spirits seem to scale with all those support gems: phys dmg on melee hit, phys dmg on full life3, minion dmg(this one is obvious). With all those gems at once spirits seem to have highest possible 1-target dmg of all minions, especially with chance to ignite support gem.
3. on first lvl they seem to deal around 10-12 dmg
4. real duration is 3 seconds, not 3.5 because 0.5 second after appearing they do nothing(acquiring target?)

not yet tested: they appear near player even if summoned through cast on crit proc using ranged skill/spell instead of near monster hit by skill

While melee attackers ignore the spirits and ground affects do nothing to the spirits, the spirits do have life and can be targeted, damaged, and killed by ranged attackers and non-ground AoE spam.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info