Summon Raging Spirit

1. How many attacks per second they have?

2. What approximately amount of flat (unbuffed) life they have @lvl 20?

3. Do buff duration nodes affect their lifespan?

4. DO they have a weapon so that weapon elemental damage gem can be applied?

5. they cannot be directly engaged but can they be subject to chaining projectiles fired by mobs?
Last edited by Lichalfred on Feb 5, 2014, 5:58:54 AM
"
Lichalfred wrote:
1. How many attacks per second they have?

2. What approximately amount of flat (unbuffed) life they have @lvl 20?

3. Do buff duration nodes affect their lifespan?

4. DO they have a weapon so that weapon elemental damage gem can be applied?

5. they cannot be directly engaged but can they be subject to chaining projectiles fired by mobs?

I can answer some of these for you:
3. No - RSkull is not a buff. There IS a 3x increased skill duration node cluster just below scion start that should affect them.
4. No. Same as other mininons - they attack with "bare hands".
1. I guess it's around 1 AS.

2. Hard to tell, since you can't look at their stats.

5. They can be damaged just like any other minion. They can be hit by AoE skills or any projectiles. Enemies just won't target them.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
"
T_Reich wrote:
Also, whay can't even the most basic info be provided like it's done with Summon Spectre, which is actually quite forthcoming with stat info!

What. Spectres are on the same level as RS. All you get is a bunch of multipliers that may or may not have an effect (does your Spectre hit the movespeed cap?). There's absolutely no useful information provided, just like RS.

Regardless, my comment was hyperbolic. The word 'everyone' alone kinda should've made that obvious, considering people never agree. I just find it baffling that some people are about as angry as this new minion, when it's clearly the status quo that you don't get much of anything at the moment. Making note of the lack of information is all fine by me - what I don't 'get' is comments like Ricky's.
Unlike yours, my statement was not hyperbolic.

I'm aware that minions in general have shitty information display, for whatever reason. I don't get GGG's stance on this. I think it's stupid and unkind to players.

That said, I was honest when I said it is the only skill in the game that when it changes level, displays ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENTIAL INFORMATION to the player.

When it goes from level 13 to 14, level 15 to 16, and level 18 to 19, every scrap of information the gem, including mana cost, stays the same. This is, to my knowledge, the only gem in the game that gives no information, whatsoever, about its abilities.

I'm aware of the general principle that "gems get better as they level." That's woefully insufficient if you are planning a build around something. You say its damage increases per level. How do we know that? You say the hit points of the skull increase per level. Prove it. How much and in what way? Is it worth it for my character to level it from 19 to 20? Will the damage output of the skull increase commensurately with the 5% mana cost increase?

You say minion players have put up with this kind of information for so long. They shouldn't have to put up with that. They need to make their concerns known to GGG.

GGG should make all skills provide all useful and relevant information that levelling it changes. Period. I don't care if the tooltip is 6 inches tall.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Feb 5, 2014, 10:32:34 AM
I like this skill. The 50 limit sounds motivating in that I want to squeeze out as many as possible at a time.

I'm using Wrath aura and it seems to be a good idea to use a Haste as well - faster casting for me and faster attacks for the skulls.

I should probably use Faster Casting to squeeze out even more (currently I can summon up to 6 before the 1st one disappears).

Also, increased duration might be a good idea to increase dps in longer fights.

I was a bit disappointed to see that Cast on Melee kill doesn't work with it, although it should've been obvious as Raging Spirits is a spell.

However, cast on crit might be an interesting choice linked with some nice aoe spells.

Now that we're given some input about their damage source it seems that Melee Physical Damage on Full Life is indeed a useable support for Spirits as they're almost always on full life and have physical damage which is then converted into fire.

The only drawback of the skulls is that they don't really shine against big groups but those situations could be handled by means of using other nice spells.

I'm left to wonder whether Raging Spirit totem or Summon Skeletons totem is better. Probably the latter is better as it provides unpassable meat shields instead of ignored ones.
"
NorbTheOne wrote:

I was a bit disappointed to see that Cast on Melee kill doesn't work with it, although it should've been obvious as Raging Spirits is a spell.

However, cast on crit might be an interesting choice linked with some nice aoe spells.

both of those trigger gems only work on attk skills that u do to trigger them cause u cant cast the spells linked to them. cast on melee kill would cast the raging spirits if linked with an attk skill that u use but not if trying to just make the raging spirits use it to cast another spell, same goes for cast on crit.
The damage on these skulls seems to be a little on the low side, but they are fun with dual totems. I would also love it if there was a purchasable skin to make these skulls looks like zerglings, because that is what they are.

source-75 nemesis summoner
Last edited by overtyped on Feb 5, 2014, 5:32:15 PM
"
T_Reich wrote:
"
Tertium_Quid wrote:
Since the spirits have no life, does that mean that they would always have full life and in turn would work with Melee Damage on Full Life? Do the DOT passives (e.g. Holy Fire) work in conjunction with this skill (probably not)?

Raging skulls DO have life! If you turn on ally life bars and (optionally) submit your skulls to some form of enemy aoe damae, you'll clearly see the have life and can in fact be (indirectly) damaged and destroyed my enemy attacks. Treat them as moving traps/mines in this regard.

Yes, how much life do the skulls have anyway? The skill description saying the skulls cannot be directly engaged is both false and misleading: false in that any ranged attacker (ex. archer with a bow) will in fact directly target the skulls; misleading in that skulls don't need or have any life. Yes, they don't need life against melee attackers, but against ranged and worse, any mass AoE, be ready to cast and do no damage ala traps and mines being killed off before they can do anything.

We seriously need the stats for this skill, all minion skills really: what's the physical damage per gem level, what's the life per gem level, etc. I also want to be able to see the numbers go up and down as I plug in different support gems.

Also, had I not come to this thread I'd have not known the unknown damage was phyiscal and 50% of it was being converted to fire. I thought it was all fire.

Anyway, more and correct skill info please.

Thanks
Last edited by Galtrovan on Feb 6, 2014, 7:52:36 AM
What kind of attack are the skulls doing? Will Melee Splash work on RS?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info