[1.2] Whaitiri's HC-viable CI Aegis Incinerator

How do you manage to keep AA/incinerate running without Eldritch Battery?

Edit: and what about running empower instead of faster projectiles? also, what about apep's rage for moar dmg?
Last edited by dr460nf1r3 on Aug 29, 2014, 1:03:37 PM
"
dr460nf1r3 wrote:
How do you manage to keep AA/incinerate running without Eldritch Battery?

Edit: and what about running empower instead of faster projectiles? also, what about apep's rage for moar dmg?

Aura-node buffed Clarity with enough mana regen on tree/gear gave me up to 300 mana/s, Eldritch Battery is really not needed to get mana regen. With 1.2 and the general skill cost reduction i've skipped AA and focused on more block instead.

I haven't tried Empower, it may give more DPS, or may not. Keep in mind it has a higher mana multiplier, doesn't buff the chaos part of your damage and last but not least, you lose lots of range on Incinerate.

Apep's Rage is great, and i would love to integrate it if i ever get my hands on one. But i feel, it would require lots of changes in terms of mana cost and gem setup, so that it may deserve a completely new guide.
twitch.tv/enki91
Alright, thx for your answers ! i guess ill leave aa on a lower lvl then to still enjoy its effects ^^

already got myself a
for the build :)

are the chest and helmet pieces ok in terms of lategame?

also, on which lvl has elreon to be to be able to craft the prefix? i didnt find any info about that in the internet <.<
Last edited by dr460nf1r3 on Aug 29, 2014, 3:03:48 PM
Sure, could still run a low level quality AA for the extra move speed. Helm and chest are great, Cybils probably not the best choice though. It will work for a while, but i'd really recommend getting a rare wand with high cast speed and spell damage, and benchcraft mana regen on it.

Not sure if Elreon can directly craft the prefix at higher levels, but at Lv4 you can buy one piece of jewelry with his prefix each day.
twitch.tv/enki91
Okay, thx for the advices! I hope this will turn out as awesome as it seems to be. Already enjoying this build at early lvls so yeah lets see :)
"
Enki91 wrote:
@HeavensRejected: With enough block and armour, it is indeed enough due to the insane amount of casts per second. If you can, get 1% Fire Leech on Lazhwar and your weapon too, but it's not necessary for high level mapping, just a decent bonus on top.

Just got my hands on the level 6 Catarina which allowed me to put 1% Fire Leech on my wand and it's working perfect so far.
I got a bit squishier but with Aztiri's flask I'll manage until I get my hands on the belt :D

Edit: a level 3 Empower would add another 20 min/max damage to Incinerate at level 20 (going from 68–102 to 81-122)

Don't think the extra base damage will offset the extra range, cast speed and projectile damage unless you already have decent range?

Although if you could get a +1 chest and corrupt both Incinerate and Empower it might actually provide a substantial boost given that the base damage would increase to 115-173 in such a setup.
Last edited by HeavensRejected on Aug 29, 2014, 8:54:41 PM
Another maybe dumb question, sry if i overread it in the guide, whats your tooltip dps in your current lvl?

Im having ca 350 with gmp on lvl48 and i have no idea if thats good or not D:

Also, why cast when stunned instead of cast when dmg taken? :D
Last edited by dr460nf1r3 on Aug 30, 2014, 2:17:02 PM
yea thats what i was thinking, rf in a 4l and incinerate in 6l. chroming a 6l astral is gunna be hell tho might have to go saintly.
what gems need what levels or do we max all gems? cast when stuned? im trying to not mess up the mana cost.
Is attaching a spell totem to incinerate no longer a good idea for some reason? Sorry, I've been digging around on my own, but I can't seem to figure out why incinerate totems fell out of style - I just don't want to regret overlooking something obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info