[1.2] Whaitiri's HC-viable CI Aegis Incinerator

"
Enki91 wrote:
@plasticeyes: Haha don't worry, i'm glad when someone shows interest in this build and i can help :) I also hope other people read the last few pages and may get some of their questions answered that way.

The cold snap method sounds like a great idea, haven't even thought about that! I'm probably way too lazy to do it myself all the time, but i can see it being a great help especially for players without an Aegis. Now with Doryani's Catalyst being affordable, you could even go all out and use Cold Snap + Cold Pen + Conc Effect/Enhance (+free Lv20 Ele Prolif in Catalyst) to have a higher freeze duration/chance.

affordable ?! LOL. your definition of affordable and mine are quite a bit different :-)

the cold snap can be a life saver, but as i grow stronger i need it less and less.

As you say, if i good get my hands on a aegis i think i would not need it. unfortunately it seems that aegis has become more expensive, so i think that i will keep practicing with cold snap. i was in a 77 map the other day and it saved me more than once.

what i really want is a doryani's invitation ;-) although looking at the catalyst stats, it's clear that would be the better item because of the elemental damage boost.
Heh right, i bought a Catalyst back when they were like 40ex in Std, so the current prices are way more "affordable" in my eyes :)

Invitation is a solid belt too, if you cant get hands on a top Chain belt, i'd definitely recommend this one.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
Heh right, i bought a Catalyst back when they were like 40ex in Std, so the current prices are way more "affordable" in my eyes :)

Invitation is a solid belt too, if you cant get hands on a top Chain belt, i'd definitely recommend this one.

Hi Enki,

I need your advice (as usual) !

My belt

I think I may stick with it for now because without strength rolls that good i'll have to burn another skill point on strength.

Here's my situation. RNGods have blessed me. Should all go well I will be able to buy either an aegis aurora OR a catalyst, but not both. My luck isn't that good ;-)

Here's my wand:

it's a decent wand and that mana regen is critical. More cast speed would be nice, but spell damage like that AND cast speed makes them very expensive. i'm _still_ having trouble with mana regen and i only have 1 more effect node to take (yes i have inner force now). the mana trouble is non-trivial, so the 40% on that wand really helps.

I don't think that the catalyst would help my damage that much would it ? Doesn't the wand spell damage buff the fire damage and ADL AND ACD. So it seems that the catalyst would _not_ buff the ACD, and so i might actually see a slight drop in damage.

The big win, of course, is that I would get 1% leech on ALL elemental damage, and that does seem very, very useful. My cold snap is really quite useful and having a built in elemental proliferation would make it quite strong (i could use conc effect on the cold snap).

My shield is a rathpith, and really I'm very happy with it. Without trying an aegis i just don't know that it would be that much better. What i do know is that i would lose the very nice spell damage bonus and the spell block (i'm over 50% now !).

So i'm very unsure what to do, and I only get to pick ONE.

There is also the possibility that i should do something else entirely...

p.s. BTW i turned in a gem recipe for a GCP and my incinerate is now 20% quality :-) (and more than 75% to level 19!) between the projectile speed for quality and the node in the tree, there is no need to have proj speed on the wand. that's very nice because it makes a good wand easier to find. i was very ,very lucky to have found a decent quality incinerate when i was leveling, but it did cost me 8 GCPs to get it to 20%. lol.
Aegis, definitely.

Doryani's Catalyst is good, but not great. The mana mods from your current wand are way more valuable than 1% ele leech + a free support for Cold Snap, and as you've already figured Catalyst won't boost ACD, which is a big part of the total DPS.

Aegis on the other side will improve your survivability a lot, especially in situations you struggled a bit before (Jungle Valley Bossroom, Dominus). Pop a Granite Flask and you'll become insanely tankable. Spellblock will still be high enough, blocking more than 1/3rd of all spells thrown at you. Only sacrifice will be the loss of spelldamage, but the gained survivability definitely makes up for it.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
Aegis, definitely.

Doryani's Catalyst is good, but not great. The mana mods from your current wand are way more valuable than 1% ele leech + a free support for Cold Snap, and as you've already figured Catalyst won't boost ACD, which is a big part of the total DPS.

Aegis on the other side will improve your survivability a lot, especially in situations you struggled a bit before (Jungle Valley Bossroom, Dominus). Pop a Granite Flask and you'll become insanely tankable. Spellblock will still be high enough, blocking more than 1/3rd of all spells thrown at you. Only sacrifice will be the loss of spelldamage, but the gained survivability definitely makes up for it.

I'm so glad you answered, because i was tempted to get catalyst.

Thanks Enki!

Hi Enki,

Hope you see this.

Just vaaled this:

could not believe it.

haven't even tried it yet. it was only the 2nd stone of lazhwar i tried.
somebody i was mapping with said to try again, so i said what the heck.

lol.

can not believe it...

no aegis yet. someday.
Grats :D

Don't worry, you'll get your Aegis soon enough.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:

About Jungle Valley Weaver, yes i've taken him down many times, Dual Boss, all kinds of Damage modifiers, even Ele Reflect. The only time i died was -max res +ele reflect, combined with the amount of mobs in there it instagibbed me even when taking out all supports from Incinerate.

i beat jungle valley. very mild mods, and the fight was not difficult. just a bit long, so many minions !

It really helps to have level 19 gems :-)

i have CwS/IC/EC/ID configured now, but I think that I would have beat it anyway.

one other mods i'm trying out which i think is working quite well is supporting molten shell with fire pen. molten shell is really strong. it's amazing how effective it is. i'm also trying chance to ignite but that doesn't help at all because molten shell is killing everything, so the ignite never has a chance to work, lol. so i'll just replace that with the elemental weakness again.

edit: the other thing i'm going to try is arc. i think that might be very effective also, since the chaining now increases with level. molten shell does much more damage, so i expect it to be better but it should be fun to try. watching archers get zapped by arc will be fun.

the cold snap + proliferation, while useful, is not as useful as being able to curse. it sure is fun to freeze Dom up to 2 seconds or so because you cold snapped a minion.

i've set up my 3L as elemental weakness, blood rage and, of course, vaal skeletons :-)

always i have to tell you how much i enjoy this build. it's now the highest level build i have (i'm 85).
Last edited by plasticeyes on Jun 5, 2014, 12:53:03 PM
I'm glad to see how much you enjoy this build!

You could try Conc Effect on Molten Shell, that'll be a mean More multiplier.
Arc sounds great to build up shock stacks on enemies (with a quality Arc), shock duration should be long enough with the recent Arc buff.

Again, thanks for all the feedback you keep giving, i appreciate it :)
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
I'm glad to see how much you enjoy this build!

You could try Conc Effect on Molten Shell, that'll be a mean More multiplier.
Arc sounds great to build up shock stacks on enemies (with a quality Arc), shock duration should be long enough with the recent Arc buff.

Again, thanks for all the feedback you keep giving, i appreciate it :)

doh! conc effect- of course! i can't wait to try that. the fact that cast when stun allows full level gems is almost OP. just the ability to use CWS alone, justifies CI builds, i think.

yes, the shock stacks is, of course, what i was hoping to get from CWS/arc. i think it's very much worth trying just to see what happens. i expect arc + lightning pen + prolif is the way to go.

elem prolif, as you know is extremely effective. when i use cold snap against minions i can usually freeze a boss for 2 -3 seconds, but it's tedious to use. you have to make sure and freeze a minion. a lot of the time they simply explode so you don't get the freeze proliferation. that's why i've started moving away from it. with arc things will be much better. it chains so you hit multiple minions, and most importantly, when they die the shock status transfers ! i was very "shocked" to discover this. it seems entirely OP. the other option is + curse on hit + (curse) to take out the tedium of casting.

btw enki, what do you use to make videos ? there seems to be a lot of different tools out there, and since you've made so many i thought you might know what the best one is.

p.s. i have an RF build in standard . i really hope to try your flame surge/RF build so hopefully there will be a respec at the end of the leagues!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info