[1.2] Whaitiri's HC-viable CI Aegis Incinerator

I'm trying my best to help :)

It was actually Aegis skinned as Daresso's Courage. The build in those videos was slightly different, it was leech-free and dependant completely on regen. You may notice me running Vitality, that + some regen nodes (Shaper, Heart of Oak, Warrior's Blood) provided good survivability even without Aegis (check the No Aegis needed vid). It had its downsides though, Half/No Regen maps definitely required Aegis to survive and switching LMP with Mana Leech, which reduced clearing speed way too much.

With 1.1.0 i've decided to test around a bit, and found the best combination to be GR + Life Leech + Clarity. You can even go out and maximize Leech with Doryanis Invitation, Catalyst and a Fire Leech Lazhwar.

Ok before this becomes too much tl;dr, back to your questions:
The final build is planned for 58% block chance, but i was doing fine with only 50% and spent the other points somewhere else. Tooltip DPS (with Doryani's Invitation and Taming) was somewhere at 3k (i think 3.2k) unbuffed, and 4.1k with Blood Rage and Atziri's Promise. It felt a bit overkill though, around 2.5k is just fine for 78 maps.

Getting more block nodes and your 5th link will definitely be a huge boost. I remember you're using Rathpith Globe, with that shield you'll definitely need the EC+IC combo to survive Jungle Valley bossroom. Set it up either with CwS or CwDt, and don't forget Inc Duration.
Another thing that could help with Weaver is Tempest Shield + Blind, give it a try if your mana pool can take it. With those changes, you should be able to kill that ugly spider without too much hassle.

I'm also glad to see someone else realized building up CI from basically 0 isn't as hard as most people say. Decent ES pieces are about equally easy/hard to come by as a decent life piece. Just yesterday i found an 100 ES helmet while farming normal docks in invasion. Now that i think of it, i shouldn't have vendored it.. :v
twitch.tv/enki91
"
I'm trying my best to help :)

and doing a very good job !

"

With 1.1.0 i've decided to test around a bit, and found the best combination to be GR + Life Leech + Clarity. You can even go out and maximize Leech with Doryanis Invitation, Catalyst and a Fire Leech Lazhwar.

oh yes- i really want a doryanis invitation - but cannot afford it :-( i'll keep looking...
a fire leech lazhwar is quite expensive now, thanks to that incinerate build that beat atziri... i didn't even know such a mod was possible. oh well.

GR + Life Leech + Clarity ?? GR is what ?
"

Ok before this becomes too much tl;dr, back to your questions:
The final build is planned for 58% block chance, but i was doing fine with only 50% and spent the other points somewhere else. Tooltip DPS (with Doryani's Invitation and Taming) was somewhere at 3k (i think 3.2k) unbuffed, and 4.1k with Blood Rage and Atziri's Promise. It felt a bit overkill though, around 2.5k is just fine for 78 maps.

ok so maybe 8% more block, which would put me at 46% and i'll stop.

I GOT MY 5L! My tooltip is now 1.7k or so. I noticed a major difference. And as you said before, i have to use ALD and ACD. My mana regen cannot handle FC. Well it can, but only for about 5 sec or so.

I have 287% regen (!) but i can't keep up !! no wonder people use EB for this, lol. and forget blood rage, i don't know when i'll ever be able to use it... Actually this gives me a great idea. I have 3 x 4% faster cast nodes in the tree. there is no point in having them. i can respec them, and then get the equivalent from blood rage! i just found 3 more points, yay!

now the bad news. i couldn't spend much so i lost almost 500 ES, and now i'm down to "only" 5k. Now stuff dies faster so 5K ES is pretty good!

"
Getting more block nodes and your 5th link will definitely be a huge boost. I remember you're using Rathpith Globe, with that shield you'll definitely need the EC+IC combo to survive Jungle Valley bossroom. Set it up either with CwS or CwDt, and don't forget Inc Duration.

aha. ok. all i need is the increased duration and i'm good to go.

"
Another thing that could help with Weaver is Tempest Shield + Blind, give it a try if your mana pool can take it. With those changes, you should be able to kill that ugly spider without too much hassle.

it can't. well it can, but i wouldn't be able to run discipline and then my ES would drop to probably 3.3k or so. Not enough against that boss !.

I really would like to use a supported tempest shield, but of course you can't because it multiplies up the reserve.

i think that my blinding totem is the way to go, plus the EC+IC of course.

"
I'm also glad to see someone else realized building up CI from basically 0 isn't as hard as most people say. Decent ES pieces are about equally easy/hard to come by as a decent life piece. Just yesterday i found an 100 ES helmet while farming normal docks in invasion. Now that i think of it, i shouldn't have vendored it.. :v

it really isn't. i never wanted to do a CI because i thought it would be so hard. then when i finally built by first CI character, i thought this isn't so bad. i then did this one from scratch, with an empty stash, and it was even easier. i didn't even use all my respecs.

good luck with the drops :-)
Grats on the 5L! :D

GR = Ghost Reaver. You could try corrupting some Lazhwars yourself, but anyway the fire leech one isn't that benificial, it's just a nice add on top.

Once you got all the aura and buff passives, your mana regen should be possible to sustain Faster Casting and the CS nodes. Dunno what level you're at now, but by 80-85 you should have all of them. Other than that, not much i could add for now. Goodluck with your char, and GL getting yourself an Aegis - it will be the next, significant boost :)
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on May 8, 2014, 12:03:05 PM
"
Grats on the 5L! :D

really, amazing difference.

"
GR = Ghost Reaver. You could try corrupting some Lazhwars yourself, but anyway the fire leech one isn't that benificial, it's just a nice add on top.

yes, i agree, after all LL is giving me 8% leech. Increasing that to 9 helps, but not especially. What helps the most is increasing my tooltip damage!

however if i can find a good deal on one i will get it.

"

Once you got all the aura and buff passives, your mana regen should be possible to sustain Faster Casting and the CS nodes. Dunno what level you're at now, but by 80-85 you should have all of them. Other than that, not much i could add for now. Goodluck with your char, and GL getting yourself an Aegis - it will be the next, significant boost :)

excellent point- i forgot about that. i did things slightly out of order as compared to your tree, the most significant difference is that I took the spell damage/faster cast nodes in the witch tree already.

so right now i'm missing 16% effect nodes in sovereignty cluster. i don't have inner force either (that shows up later in your tree). so i have 2 choices. i add 5 more levels so i can get the effect nodes and inner force, or i give up cast speed and spell damage to get them now. i don't want to give up mana reduction in sovereignty cluster because i want to run a 4th aura (PoL). i need to make sure and build up enough regrets to re-spec things in case it does not work out. also i'm very tempted to take 1 more 8% mana node.

i'm trying to save all my chaos for that aegis :-)

really the build is doing very well. these are questions about refining my particular scenario, and the discussions have been very helpful.

thanks again enki. i'll stop bothering you now ;-)

lol. just one more thing which might be of interest to you or others reading your guide...

in addition to the

flame totem + blind + culling strike + iir

i have been using

cold snap + cold pen + elemental proliferation

with a little practice you can freeze the weak member of a mob and the mob rare/boss/whatever along with it. The trick is to be careful and apply damage making sure to avoid the proliferation "seed". you might freeze the mob for 2 or 3 seconds and even longer in low level maps. this allows me to build stages and by the time they unfreeze i'm doing maximum damage, and a lot of times everything is dead _before_ they unfreeze.

it takes a little practice, but i'm finding it to be quite effective.

i know this is an old trick, but it works well with incinerate because of the build time. i got the idea from a flameblast guide ;-)

Perfect build:) I got a question about mana regeneration.

Current build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAB2MQexFQEZYVIBVQFy8ZhhmKGjIajxzcHRQkiySwKMUo-imlKk0rCizpLYMvbzvhPC08jj0PQYdDY0ZxRwZMNU3YTipRYFYtVytXyVj1W69cil9qZp5tGW-ecH1wu3FNe9d8u3_GgKSCx4MJhtGMdo9Gj_qTJ5cGms-btZ3Enjyio6cIpyuplaxHrH-0DLTFtzG3PriTu9a-OsEAwcXB88LswzrDbcSixPbGrspK2RPbGtvn3Q3i9-aB6rrrLOvu7BjzvvVL9tr3wfno-tL7CQ==

I know I am missing 20% mana regen node and 8% aura effectivnes but with lvl 11 incinirate I already face mana problems. I run 6 auras. I know I need better gear for higher maps, but atm going for mf. Any suggestions/ideas?

Edit: I got dream fragments, but if I change to 6L (added lightning dmg) I face mana problems again. On the + side with current lvl of gems and gear I killed Dominus xD

Gear:
Last edited by Astarotte on May 9, 2014, 4:03:43 AM
@plasticeyes: Haha don't worry, i'm glad when someone shows interest in this build and i can help :) I also hope other people read the last few pages and may get some of their questions answered that way.

The cold snap method sounds like a great idea, haven't even thought about that! I'm probably way too lazy to do it myself all the time, but i can see it being a great help especially for players without an Aegis. Now with Doryani's Catalyst being affordable, you could even go all out and use Cold Snap + Cold Pen + Conc Effect/Enhance (+free Lv20 Ele Prolif in Catalyst) to have a higher freeze duration/chance.

@Astarotte: Thanks!

How much mana, mana regen and unreserved mana do you have with this current setup? I think the next node you should get is the +12% Mana/Life node in witch starter, that node alone could fix your mana problems (more mana = more regen). If not, you could try switching the rare gold ring with a Perandus Signet. It'll give a huge boost to Int, and thus more mana with all the uniques you wear.

Or maybe you just need more unreserved mana, i think i needed around 200 mana unreserved to spam 6L Incinerate.
twitch.tv/enki91
Thanks. I'll check once I am home. From what I remember I had 245-250 mana unreserved. The main problem I guess is quite big attackspeed (haste + blood rage on low life). I am thinking what would be best solutionl. At this level could try remove some ES (running with 5k atm) and put it either into more regen + % mana, or inner force or reduced reserved mana + inc. aura eff. or even + 15% reduced mana cost of skills. This tree is very flexible with access to alot of good nodes. Need more pts ;D
Inner Force will be your best choice, as it will buff all your auras and thus give not just more regen, but also more ES.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Astarotte wrote:
Thanks. I'll check once I am home. From what I remember I had 245-250 mana unreserved. The main problem I guess is quite big attackspeed (haste + blood rage on low life). I am thinking what would be best solutionl. At this level could try remove some ES (running with 5k atm) and put it either into more regen + % mana, or inner force or reduced reserved mana + inc. aura eff. or even + 15% reduced mana cost of skills. This tree is very flexible with access to alot of good nodes. Need more pts ;D

i have 258% regen and about 1150 mana and i _cannot_ keep up with a 5L incinerate, i slowly go OOM ! I'm actually going to have to slot a mana flask again. forget using FC or blood rage, I go dry very quickly.

get +mana and/or +intelligence on everything you can.

also I did not look at the dream fragments carefully. Not only does it keep you from being frozen, it hase 20% maximum mana ! it looks like you are not using one, so you might want to try that.

I only have 52% maximum mana in the tree, so adding 20% to that is quite a good gain.

It will be my next acquisition :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info