[1.2] Whaitiri's HC-viable CI Aegis Incinerator

running this build on invasion currently. does work fine at the start i picked up more life nodes but specced out of them already
Hi,

I have been running your build for the last month. I have noticed something from your passive tree that might need fixing. When I got Heart of Oak, my cast when stunned procs dropped enormously. Since those procs mean more rejuvenation totems, I figured the passive was not worth it.

What are your thoughts about this?
Thanks for the feedback guys!

@Klassenliste: While gearing up ES should have your priority. Armour can always be increased with Granite Flasks when needed, but ES is your damage buffer and can't be temporarily altered.

~6k Armour (without flask) should be easily obtainable and is enough for the most part. With more high-end gear you will of course get higher defenses too, i'm currently at 7k ES and 9.6k Armour. But there isn't really a ratio between ES and Armour that you should have.

@Turbojinjo: Yes, Heart of Oak reduces CwS procs but it is still important. Due to being CI without Chayula/US, Stuns will happen pretty often. In most cases it's no problem, but there are situations where getting stunlocked could mean death even for this build (f.e. -max res +30% dmg dual Megaera), for these cases Heart of Oak helps greatly to survive. And additionally to that, it grants us some important ES regen on top.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hi,

I posted my concern about heart of Oak earlier. Your reasoning sounds good. I'll be working towards that node again.

Here is my gear. What would you suggest I improve first?

Thank you for your input!

Turboninjo
"
Turboninjo wrote:
Hi,

I posted my concern about heart of Oak earlier. Your reasoning sounds good. I'll be working towards that node again.

Here is my gear. What would you suggest I improve first?

Thank you for your input!

Turboninjo

Your ES is really low, i'd recommend a chest (500+ ES) first, then a better shield (300+ ES) and a new helmet (200+ ES).
twitch.tv/enki91
Just keeping you updated dont know if you want me to but ah well ;p

just got level 56 in ambush league now just got my a decent 5l 300 Armor + Shield so not too bad i have lazhwar but no dream frags yet still doing pretty good.

What armor and ES Should i have around now ive just got to act 1 merc i have 1.2k+ Armor and 1k ES
"
Rovian wrote:
Just keeping you updated dont know if you want me to but ah well ;p

just got level 56 in ambush league now just got my a decent 5l 300 Armor + Shield so not too bad i have lazhwar but no dream frags yet still doing pretty good.

What armor and ES Should i have around now ive just got to act 1 merc i have 1.2k+ Armor and 1k ES

Looks like you're doing fine with the build! :)

I would recommend atleast 2.5k ES once you spec into CI, that's the absolute minimum. If you want to map 70-74 maps, you should be at atleast 4k ES. Don't forget that the nodes behind CI will give you a decent ES boost too.

As for Armour, 6k+ will be hard to pull off with hybrid gear at the beginning of a new league. Try getting somewhere around 4k, biggest boost will be a good belt with 300+ Armour.
twitch.tv/enki91
Thanks for the quick reply

yeah its quite hard to find some decent gear like you said before so 2.5k ES minimum got it thanks for the advice

Do you want me to show you the current gear i am using? and you can make some recommendations for me?

I am using some uniques that you said thats good for leveling but what do you class as leveling to what point.

the only thing im struggling with this build is dex which i had to sacrifice both my rings to get enough dex but they both have +10% ele resists on them which i dident think was too bad.

Can i spec into Zealots oath im like 1 point off connecting the other side so then i can respec the fire damage nodes and get lots of ES There

But after ive respecced would it be a good idea to go down for Oak to get some dex so i can change my rings?

EDIT: Yes i am having lots of fun with this build not really struggled with many things at all apart from the dex problem and a bit of mana issues around 30-50 but its working fine for now

I am only running clarity atm but i have my first defensive CwS Set up which has been doing great for me

I have a 5l but not the right colors to use yet so im working on that. So i am only running the first 4 gems for incinerate and its still so powerful now! :)

Just one more question though when i spec out of the fire nodes would i lose a lot of the damage?
Last edited by Rovian on Mar 11, 2014, 9:30:23 AM
"
Rovian wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for the quick reply

yeah its quite hard to find some decent gear like you said before so 2.5k ES minimum got it thanks for the advice

Do you want me to show you the current gear i am using? and you can make some recommendations for me?

I am using some uniques that you said thats good for leveling but what do you class as leveling to what point.

the only thing im struggling with this build is dex which i had to sacrifice both my rings to get enough dex but they both have +10% ele resists on them which i dident think was too bad.

Can i spec into Zealots oath im like 1 point off connecting the other side so then i can respec the fire damage nodes and get lots of ES There

But after ive respecced would it be a good idea to go down for Oak to get some dex so i can change my rings?

EDIT: Yes i am having lots of fun with this build not really struggled with many things at all apart from the dex problem and a bit of mana issues around 30-50 but its working fine for now

I am only running clarity atm but i have my first defensive CwS Set up which has been doing great for me

I have a 5l but not the right colors to use yet so im working on that. So i am only running the first 4 gems for incinerate and its still so powerful now! :)

Just one more question though when i spec out of the fire nodes would i lose a lot of the damage?

Sure, you can show me your gear.

Leveling is hard to define, as you constantly are in the leveling process up to Lv100. In case of "leveling gear", it's meant up to the point where you can use endgame-viable gear, which is usually around Lv60-70.

You should get ZO only after picking CI, if you respec out of the Fire Dmg nodes and have enough points to get CI+nodes behind CI+ZO and have enough ES to survive as CI, go for it.
You won't lose much damage through speccing out of the fire dmg nodes.

Would definitely recommend to go down to Heart of Oak, you'll get lots of Dex on the way and also more ES regen. Once you're there, you can upgrade your rings to even more defensive ones (Dream Frags, ES+Res ring).
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Mar 11, 2014, 10:32:56 AM
I meant to say would it be worth it after i have linked it and respecced out of the fire nodes and got the nodes near ZO then go to get heart of oak after that.

Here is my gear

My resists are pretty much max atm with this gear

EDIT: Im also constantly trying to upgrade my gear all the time
Last edited by Rovian on Mar 11, 2014, 10:43:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info