*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

I don't understand how you that that much damage with only 4-link reave? I mean, I understand your gear is SICK but it seems to be doing waay more than it should be. Could you take a screenshot of your updated 2.0 stats?
My wonder to anyone, is how anyone still uses blood rage?? It's degen is terrbile for this build. Kills your es almost 100% of the time.

I dropped blood rage completely, it's phys damage over time will kill your hp and es all the time. Blood rage is pretty much ruined now. It's why I swapped to jewels for leech/life and damage and spell block. This build is so much more OP with using other things. Blood rage is only good for at max 24ias and 1.2% life leech. You can obtain this with jewels, tree changes, or what ever so easily and no degen and an open socket. Way more OP.

Just a tip.
"
Grindrix wrote:
My wonder to anyone, is how anyone still uses blood rage?? It's degen is terrbile for this build. Kills your es almost 100% of the time.

I dropped blood rage completely, it's phys damage over time will kill your hp and es all the time. Blood rage is pretty much ruined now. It's why I swapped to jewels for leech/life and damage and spell block. This build is so much more OP with using other things. Blood rage is only good for at max 24ias and 1.2% life leech. You can obtain this with jewels, tree changes, or what ever so easily and no degen and an open socket. Way more OP.

Just a tip.

It's not so bad for me once I dive into a mob and start hitting (got a + es gained on hit jewel) but I recently died to a volatile blood and maybe that extra es on the spot could have saved me. I'll try replacing blood rage with phase run in my cwdt setup to see how it goes.
"
Grindrix wrote:

Just a tip.

You optionally use it if you want more DPS (in places you can't die). In DPS gear my DPS increases from 28,900 DPS to 38,245 DPS using Blood Rage @3 Frenzy Stacks, which is a nice increase -- and given I'm still pretty tanky in DPS spec, it's often a safe DPS increase to use. Then use Rallying Cry and go up to 46,300 DPS. Even though BR eats ES, I block a ton at 75%/63% which takes my ES back up, thus making it fine for that as well. Then if you really want more DPS, I could swap in DPS jewels to hit ~48k DPS. Additionally, instead of +1 endurance bandit reward I was using instead I could opt for +attack speed or +physical dmg for even more DPS (50k+). And you could use Vaal abilities for even additional burst DPS (or Vaal Reave for larger aoe)... a final benefit of BR includes some leech.

That being said, in normal tank mode I tend not to use Blood Rage. It just depends on my goals and the fight.

IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Last edited by Mortezzah on Aug 22, 2015, 12:09:49 AM
"
souljaboi25 wrote:
I don't understand how you that that much damage with only 4-link reave? I mean, I understand your gear is SICK but it seems to be doing waay more than it should be. Could you take a screenshot of your updated 2.0 stats?

Sure.. here is a pic I just took of me solo in DPS mode doing ~46k tooltip (in a party my dps goes way up):

So use HOT, HOA, Hatred (level 4 enlighten if you want more mana)... then add in Flame golem and Blood rage at 3 stacks and a decent Rallying Cry and you get to ~46k dps.

Also note that I can increase with a few small tweaks to the build to really optimize it for tank or dps, but this vanilla version is a good all around tank/dps which just has different gear in inventory based on desired spec... and I'm not yet using all level 21 gems to pump it up a bit more ;)

Finally, if you really want to optimize DPS vs Tank you could swap a few of the jewels I utilize in my spec (I just haven't gotten my hands on more to do that yet). That would take you to ~48k dps. And of course -- Instead of +1 end passive spec I could opt for + attack speed from bandits for even more DPS... so 50k+ DPS self-buffed seems doable if you made a few minor tweaks -- and I am not using any Vaal abilities for even additional burst DPS (or Vaal Reave for larger aoe).
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Last edited by Mortezzah on Aug 22, 2015, 12:07:49 AM
Do you recommend normal soul taker or would it be way better to search for a 300+ dps rare weapon? What do you think of the cleave gem as it was buffed in 2.0?
"
Grievous10 wrote:
Do you recommend normal soul taker or would it be way better to search for a 300+ dps rare weapon? What do you think of the cleave gem as it was buffed in 2.0?

Normal Soul taker is a decent weapon -- lower DPS but then you can avoid all mana issues which is nice. Also useful for doing Dominating Blow for certain maps.

I've never been a big fan of Cleave.
Holy cow that is awesome man.. sorry for doubting! But really good info. Been following your build pretty closely and loving it.
"
souljaboi25 wrote:
Holy cow that is awesome man.. sorry for doubting! But really good info. Been following your build pretty closely and loving it.

Thanks. I added Rallying Cry in (instead of Enduring Cry) to get to 46k dps ;) And I still haven't taken the +1 bandit reward for attack speed (or +physical damage), and didn't optimze for DPS jewels -- so 50k+ DPS self-buffed seems doable if you made a few minor tweaks -- and I am not using any Vaal abilities for even additional burst DPS (or Vaal Reave for larger aoe).
Last edited by Mortezzah on Aug 22, 2015, 12:09:04 AM
Working on this build, and throughout the process I snipe this ring for 10ex ROFL. Best 10EX I've ever spent.

I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info