*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

"
Felifix wrote:

She does 50/50 phys and fire damage correct?

She does phys damage that stacks, so it's like bleeding. This almost requires high dps and immortal call. I would need to retune to comfortably kill this version of piety. She can be done, but I don't recommend facetanking her with out preparation.
"
Felifix wrote:

I like using soul taker for now as i feel that with 15K cyclone I am alright DPS wise and like not having to worry about mana, usually running hatred + HoA + Artic armour (just because i have the mana+ Chill= amazing)
For Phys bosses determination + grace for 30K unbuffed armour.

Thus that makes it effective. Soul Taker is good, I just can't use whirling blades with it. It's really just a personal thing. With a sword I was also able to take advantage of the sword phys nodes on the right side tree that leads to the block node.
"
Felifix wrote:

How do quicksilver flasks affect cyclone DPS? Is there any calculator for that to see if and how much better it is than e.g. Atziris Promise?

I don't know of a calculator for dps with the quicksilver, it's actually more trial and error that I found out it was superior than Atziri's promise. I was talking to other cyclone users, as well as watching HegemonyTV (from twitch) talk about the quicksilver flask. Cyclone slows your movement to make it "manageable" but when you use a quicksilver flask, like this:

.. You effectively gained more dps by moving faster. It kind of acts like attack speed, the more movement you do, going back and forth through mobs or a single targets gets you more hits for more dps.
The Quicksilver flask is also lasts 6 seconds, which makes it the longest lasting flask versus the atziri promise. This also helps with Heavy Strike extremely well. If you single target attack with heavystrike and use the Quicksilver flask, you effectively race up on the enemy while doing the Knockback blow and you gain DPS just because you are keeping up the run to the Knockback distance with speed. This is my main force in my build, just one flask. I suppose there might be a way to determine the DPS, but effectively it's proven just by playing for hours.

"
Felifix wrote:

Using similar jewel, but did not think of using HS for single target. Might give this a try and see how it does.

I do use multistrike with my heavystrike. I trash mobs with that as well as cyclone. I cyclone mobs effectively, and alternate to heavystrike to hit the bigger single target. You can go true single target by replacing multistrike with another gem, but I find it pointless unless you do a vorici mission.
"
Felifix wrote:

With BoR and the endurance charge on block i can run a CwdT IC setup alright, just not sure yet if it is worth it. Thinking of dropping the BoR competly for a High armour ES chest and Armour helmet, since i can reach 75 block anyway, id just loose like 2% Spell block. Not sure though.
Just started it a month ago and its meant to get to around lev 95, but random deaths kind of irritate me and make me revise things quite a bit.

Most versions of this build start out using BoR at some point, you can alternate to a six link armour and get an armour helm. All will help. If you can manage to get the currency, you could try for the Kaoms heart non legacy and build around that as a life plant. That works the best for the bigger bosses, but you gotta mix and match what you can afford and also effectively have fun with.
To beat a double boss lvl 80 Wasteland map with VOLL was simpler than I thought.

First I seperate both Volls.

After reading reviews on the fight, you have to use a projectile to kite each Voll around Wasteland. Standard melee cannot beat this guy because of his standing regen. He is invincible if you try to facetank him without huge dps.

I was able to do this in 15 minutes as double boss.

The advantage I had using SPECTRAL THROW and IRON GRIP.
Since my build uses the "Cannot Leech Life" Life wheel, I just respected 2 nodes off Something else (in my case, Iron Reflexes) Iron grip is just two nodes away in this case.

I got up to 4k Spectral Throw.
Using blood magic, spectral throw, Elemental Weapon damage, Added Fire Damage, and Hatred. I used blood magic for unlimited kiting.

I kept determination because of the DR if he hit you while kiting. I did this with vulnerability map mod on.

Another double boss down. For the time investment though, it doesn't seem worth it.
Last edited by Grindrix on Aug 31, 2015, 10:56:30 PM
Hi, im in search of the tankiest build(s) atm. I found ur and the MoM-maxBlock-incinerate-Scion-Build. The Scionbuild looks also very tanky to me. Obviously i want to ask u about ur opinion in matter of tankyness between these two builds now.
"
BALRIM wrote:
Hi, im in search of the tankiest build(s) atm. I found ur and the MoM-maxBlock-incinerate-Scion-Build. The Scionbuild looks also very tanky to me. Obviously i want to ask u about ur opinion in matter of tankyness between these two builds now.

Hi Balrim,

I played a Mom maxblock incinerate (witch) build in HC and it was good, but didn't have the survivability this build has... that being said, it was a lot cheaper and did better DPS. Tradeoffs ;)
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Hey guys, im selling a near BIS ring for this build, PM if interested, thanks ;) IGN: Voktak

I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
Hello Mortezzah :)

First of all, thks a lot for all the advices and information you share in your post ! I am quite noob to the game, and i was far to imagine that a caracter could be so tanky ! GG : ))

I have learn a lot in reading your thread, but one question still block my plan when i think at my futur skill tree.

Can you detail how you reach 849 point of energy shield ? (w/o discipline)

You've got 120 ES from aurora shield, 140 from boots, 40% ES passiv nod for shield and 177 int.

I don't know what i am missing. I use this formula : global ES = ES from gear * [multiplier from tree + intelligence multiplier]

And i don't find 849 global ES of course ! lol

For sure your build is about stacking block/life/resist and not ES by any way but i like to know what am i doing. :p

Thks for your help or any other great player :)

"
gregoyre wrote:
Hello Mortezzah :)

First of all, thks a lot for all the advices and information you share in your post ! I am quite noob to the game, and i was far to imagine that a caracter could be so tanky ! GG : ))

I have learn a lot in reading your thread, but one question still block my plan when i think at my futur skill tree.

Can you detail how you reach 849 point of energy shield ? (w/o discipline)

You've got 120 ES from aurora shield, 140 from boots, 40% ES passiv nod for shield and 177 int.

I don't know what i am missing. I use this formula : global ES = ES from gear * [multiplier from tree + intelligence multiplier]

And i don't find 849 global ES of course ! lol

For sure your build is about stacking block/life/resist and not ES by any way but i like to know what am i doing. :p

Thks for your help or any other great player :)

did you include the 40% increase from the mind barrier cluster?
"
40% ES passiv nod for shield

Yes i do. :)

But in the end, i miss something, or i do something wrong in my calculation. :/
Last edited by gregoyre on Sep 24, 2015, 4:56:59 AM
Hi Mortezzah,

I've watched your video regarding the Uber Atziri kill. Would you mind to share a detail skill gem setup like what u did?

I notice u used 6L shockwave totem with offhand and u changed to tabula rasa during the heal phase. Do u mind to explain what u did there along with the skill gem setup?

Thanks.
Hi Mortezzah,

I was thinking of combining this tank build of yours with 0 mana Incinerate. I play a budget Incinerate block build by templar10 right now and it's just too good for the cost in currency. I never liked MoM based builds because I hate investing into mana and the protection at high level isn't that great.

This is what I cooked up:

Basically I traded 7% spell block in the Witch area for reduced mana cost and DPS nodes. Use a Rumi to compensate for loss in spell block.

Gear would be same as yours, just use Cybil's Paw for weapon and a 6L chest + 2 Elreon ring. Also, is Lightning Coil a good option for the chest?

I'd really appreciate your thoughts.

Last edited by godlyatheist on Sep 29, 2015, 2:08:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info