*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

"
Fawadz wrote:
Hey Mortezzah! I recently played in the Torment league for a few weeks casually as cyclone facebreaker until 87 and then discovered this build, switched over to it, and have been loving it. Level 91 now hoping to continue in standard league

This is the gear I'm running right now. I'm hoping to upgrade my weapon in standard since I'm only at a bout 9.5k Molten strike dps. I have a legacy aegis waiting for me, saving up for Kaoms. Are there any improvements I could make right now without mirroring an item?

I think you are on the right track. 1.4 should be a variety of interesting changes, that seemingly will be beneficial. Probably will be able to drop the 4L of CWDT/IC and either incorporate Vigilant Strike and EC or TBD.
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
The vigilant strike looks like the damage reduction buff we need. Let's hope so! That would lvl the game assuming you could finally take down Dominica and defend against his hand of lightning insta death. This fortify buff is so important
Awesome build. I started play it on HC its impressive. Easy and safe. But on andgame content It's quite expensive. Mirrored items legacy items. Phehhhw. Hard work but worth :) Suggest
For all wannabie tanks (like me) who don't have a mirrored weapon, there is another solution for dealing the damage. This dropped for me fresh this week(I play selffound, so no legacy Kaoms)

Life "leech" I do with Life on hit gems at the moment(one in the attack, and one in Reckoning), but can swap to a warlords curse or a life leech gem in the hammer for the cost of less damage.

I have no support at all in the passive tree for spell damage, and still this thing works. So you can go all tank in the tree.

As a side effect, in party play you can shock the whole screen as support if there are non-Crit DDs like summoners or incinerators.
Hello! Awesome tank, just had a quick question about the current amount of armor you're sitting at in 1.3 with/without determination, etc. Thoughts on molten shell as well? Although with the kaom's I can imagine it's tough to squeeze in any space for a spell that temporary and such. Love the build, keep on tanking!
As far as I can tell, armor will be less necessary with fortify. This build will be back again with fortify.

There are options for more block to be in the build as well. Looking at the new dagger with block will be an interesting way to work this build.

Hyped for act 4 after release.
"
Khelevandros wrote:
Hello! Awesome tank, just had a quick question about the current amount of armor you're sitting at in 1.3 with/without determination, etc. Thoughts on molten shell as well? Although with the kaom's I can imagine it's tough to squeeze in any space for a spell that temporary and such. Love the build, keep on tanking!

Thanks.. I'm at around 9k... Molten shell has its uses, though I currently don't run it perm. Lets see what happens in Awakenings..
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Last edited by Mortezzah on May 1, 2015, 6:47:53 AM
Looks like discipline had a mana reserve reduction from 60% to 40%. With fortify on melee hit + determination + discipline(or herald of ash) + tempest shield (4% block), I think this will be a main combo. I have no idea how it will play out with EC not on cast. Self cast EC and warlords mark on CWDT. Attack skill I'm not sure of yet, tempest shield is 25% mana reserve, so it's tough call. Now that RM may change to enlighten, that's attack or block off. The game is getting screwy now.
Hi Mortezzah!

a) awesome build/guide
b) at the beginning of the tree why 0.8% regen vs 12% armour, 4% life?

Thanks.

Arrow
-
Last edited by Grindrix on Jun 9, 2015, 2:09:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info