Legacies and why they are the best items to invest in the long run.

"
i wonder if aegis aurora will be next? heh

The most likely candidate.

Bringer of Rain, Soul Taker, Aegis Aurora and you're good for game.
IGN: Asharin
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Feb 3, 2014, 10:08:38 AM
In case anyone wants to see all current legacy items and their previous values: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Legacy_Items
"
iamacyborg wrote:
In case anyone wants to see all current legacy items and their previous values: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Legacy_Items

Thanks for the share!
IGN: Asharin
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
"
iamacyborg wrote:

It is interesting reading this list.
Out of all the legacy versions, I would say three were truly impacted;

Koams Heart definitely the largest loss, followed by Facebreakers, then Thunderfist.
Soul Taker and Rainbow Stride each lost significant percentages, but not in the realm of the first three.

Then of course, Shavronne, but as someone stated, it's about 80 more ES overall (base), which is not too much loss.

The rest are negligible; 20 -> 16 Astramentis for example. It's a loss, but nothing to worry about.

As for investing in legacy items, there are two problems;

1. It's standard league. Unless you make this your dedicated home.
2. The value of these items is so high, that they cannot be counted as currency. Odds are extremely high that anyone having one of these items would never wish to part with it, regardless of the value.

I.e. Someone selling a legacy Koams is an absolute idiot, unless they have 50 of them.
There is no value that could persuade such an immensely powerful item to be parted with.
Last edited by gr00grams on Feb 3, 2014, 7:07:02 PM
i have a 980% facebreaker in standard
what is the estimated price in standard and will it grown even further
few of my friends say i should sell it or it wont be in demand anymore

i know they are worth exalted++ but by how much

Last edited by Hectrix on Feb 4, 2014, 11:48:08 AM
"
Hectrix wrote:
i have a 980% facebreaker in standard
what is the estimated price in standard and will it grown even further
few of my friends say i should sell it or it wont be in demand anymore

i know they are worth exalted++ but by how much

The value will keep going up.
Just out of curiosity...

Has GGG ever stated why they allow people to keep the old, broken version of items that were fixed? In any game I played so far, once a bug got removed, everybody had to play the new game.

Here people can keep these super-rare overpowered items and make a fortune with them.

I just don't get this decision.

I know people invested large amounts of time and/or currency into there 1000life kaoms and higher dps soultakers, but I wouldn't count that as an argument. You're not spending real money, so no real damage would be done by patching them as well.

To me it looks absurd having a system like this. It's like playing Battlefield with a gun that (because of a bug) does double damage. It gets patched, but closed beta players get to keep the double damage weapon. Would love to see player reactions on this...

(if they were ever going to nerf existing legacy uniques, OPs investment strategy would be kinda nullified) ;-)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Feb 5, 2014, 3:46:00 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:

I know people invested large amounts of time and/or currency into there 1000life kaoms and higher dps soultakers, but I wouldn't count that as an argument. You're not spending real money, so no real damage would be done by patching them as well.

How is that not an argument? Farm/grind for months and you get half of what you've payed for.

Players have "wasted" their time on buying those items, and time = money?
If you're bringing up real life comparisons, make it right.

"
To me it looks absurd having a system like this. It's like playing Battlefield with a gun that (because of a bug) does double damage. It gets patched, but closed beta players get to keep the double damage weapon. Would love to see player reactions on this...

Horrible example.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Just out of curiosity...

Has GGG ever stated why they allow people to keep the old, broken version of items that were fixed? In any game I played so far, once a bug got removed, everybody had to play the new game.

Here people can keep these super-rare overpowered items and make a fortune with them.

I just don't get this decision.

(if they were ever going to nerf existing legacy uniques, OPs investment strategy would be kinda nullified) ;-)

Except that it wasn't a bug that caused it. It was intended all along. Comparing it with Battlefield is pointless as there it is a competitive game against each other. PvP in PoE is at best a tacked on feature that hardly anyone plays in. They could just make it that legacy items cant be used in PvP.
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info