Legacies and why they are the best items to invest in the long run.

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
that is pretty much the reason why i am staying in std for the next leagues . i just dont have the time to do it all over again anymore.

Until they add domination specific rewards/league only items there is not a lot of motivation to play it vs standard. Especially for all the season 1 players who aren't ready to give up their gg items and start over :P

But it's always more fun to play where the majority of the player base is

Ninja edit: 4 months is more than enough time to reach end game, even playing only 2 hours a day
Last edited by link1313 on Feb 6, 2014, 2:34:12 PM
"
Azloki wrote:
"
demivion wrote:
Why anyone would waste their time in standard is beyond me....

New League, Fresh start, no "legacies" to overcome, makes so much more sense.

When you find a chaos orb in standard it's not worth very much, because the economy is so bloated with items and currencies that you really can't have an impact until you're farming endgame for a good long while.

In a fresh league if you find a chaos orb on the first few hours/days of the league you actually have signifigant buying power because the economy is still forming. You can actually get "ahead" of the curve on a new league and become "rich" through skillfull play and a few trades.

Don't get suckered into the dumpster league, just because your character doesn't go away after 4 months.

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

Yes, the league merges with standard after 4 months, which isn't a problem because then I'll just go to the NEW league which is what the point of my post was. Standard league means nothing to me, GGG could delete my characters at the end of the 4 month league for all they are worth once they reach standard.

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
that is pretty much the reason why i am staying in std for the next leagues . i just dont have the time to do it all over again anymore.

It doesn't take any extra time, since the league will be new there are no high level characters to compete against, you can buy any item for a few alchs on the first week or so... It only takes a few gameplay hours to get your levels back and the drops you find actually are worth something.

I'll put it this way, when a league starts fresh, each day you play is worth more than weeks played in standard, because your effort has a relatively bigger impact on the smaller fresher economy.

In standard you will never accomplish greatness because people like the OP will hoard their legacy uniques and lord them over you since they have been playing so long they can afford to buy any good item they want for any price they want. Sellers know this and ramp up their prices so you can never compete. Typical inflation.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by RoryC_GGG on Feb 6, 2014, 4:06:15 PM
Starting over is not appealing to some people (like me). You have to get everything over again even your skill gems. I'd rather continue farming or rerolling using all of my acquired gear than to start completely fresh. I don't care about some impact on the economy or anything like that.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
Starting over is not appealing to some people (like me).

This is true for many players :) And that is why there are still many Standard players.
IGN: Asharin
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
these are all the legacy items that I have...keeping them lol

Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
"
AntonChigur wrote:
these are all the legacy items that I have...keeping them lol

Great. Their values will keep increasing, as confirmed by Chris in http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/792562.

~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
Last edited by Wishinan on Feb 13, 2014, 4:23:17 AM
we gold hoarding game now ?
disgusting
"
Kechop wrote:
we gold hoarding game now ?
disgusting

Still not as disgusting as RNG.
Up.
Softcore? Noty
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info