Sean's DW Blood Tanky DPS

"
Are you sure that this means you have an 80% chance to crit with Dual Strike? Or does it mean you have an 80% increased chance to crit with Dual Strike? Meaning you really only end up with 9% chance to crit with a 20% quality gem (base 5% multiplied by 1.8 = 9% chance to crit).

No, I'm not sure.

After looking at the stat sheets of my gems, I believe you are correct. The "Faster Attacks" gem modifies your characters DPS, so it's safe to assume that the Quality effect of the gem will do the same.

Thanks a ton for that... I hate misinforming people.

Also edited the previous post of me discussing that.
IGN: Seanald (Duelist), Seanlol (Shadow)

Duelist Dual Wield Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/78037/page/1
Last edited by seanmcdn on Jan 29, 2013, 3:48:56 PM
Trump? Seriously? You know that guy is a total moron, right?
is this build viable for HC?
"
Trump? Seriously? You know that guy is a total moron, right?

My name is Sean. It's a funny play on words.

Duelist Dual Wield Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/78037/page/1
"
noxYQ wrote:

I've had several people PM me saying they were having success in HC with this build.

If you decide to use it be sure to let me know how it works out for you.

Have you factored in -chaos resist when in the last difficulty with regards to blood rage. I'm using a different build but just started to use the blood rage skill with great effect only to reach the next level, only to find my chaos resist is at -52%. I've got 4.8% health regen and it's just not enough. I'm going to pickup the +8% chaos resist which should stop the negative regen.
"
noxYQ wrote:

I found my survive ability go up using the blood rage skill. Having warlords curse helps a lot here but since I could kill much faster I took less damage overall. The risk from using this gem is rushing in to kill mobs to avoid loosing the charges. I really feel they need to increase the duration of that since the frenzy charges only last so long I don't see why the duration can't be much longer.
Nice compendium. I'm a Marauder but there's not much a difference as both classes need skills from either side of the Passive Skill Tree.

Just wanted to ask about a few things, if that's alright:

1) No aura mentioned in the possible skills. Grace and Determination, is their cost the reason to avoid them?

2) You mentioned Molten Shield, as the defensive skill to face AoE crowds. Endurance Cry is worse?

3) Leather and Steel seems very good since it adds both Evasion and Armour (which means x2 Armour with Iron Reflexes). Would like to know why you haven't picked it up.

As far as leather and steel goes, he already said it's because that with iron reflexes all evasion is converted to 0 and added to armor. Increases your evasion stat of 0 by any percent is going to do anything thus you are better getting the pure armor nodes.
"
visor1 wrote:
Have you factored in -chaos resist when in the last difficulty with regards to blood rage. I'm using a different build but just started to use the blood rage skill with great effect only to reach the next level, only to find my chaos resist is at -52%. I've got 4.8% health regen and it's just not enough. I'm going to pickup the +8% chaos resist which should stop the negative regen.

I have considered the resists, I personally don't really like Blood Rage. I'm never low enough health to benefit from the attack speed. So I would basically be using it for the extra Life Leech, which I feel I have enough of.

I agree it's a good skill, but do you think its really worth putting points into Chaos Res for? Idk man...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info