Sean's DW Blood Tanky DPS

Hows your accuracy at your level?

how much of a DPS change if you went Resolute technique and changed the Crit nodes to other nodes ya think?

i guess it all depends on how much accuracy u can attain?
Is blood magic even necessary?

My build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSvKkJstFx2nn5-jAdwb-qQZJd-E2Ud-q8UUUmVNvqfV7dJNwA--ingNWK826IcpOlKGYFYEYVIyCZ_LYIhVqZe0rLq_1USesHPstvH0U7sote9OXQBAoAUtxFgn1WBLeu907SFgdPGeuRjbapNuadX4xLhDnA6tFHXB2AHnpzCezdIhVw3ZYfe-GS4n7ayqcql82cT2PQ999Sml1I-53fIv7w7nUlRJXz_2SIzPUFBYY8bYPfx8uCkuLOkVIJLN4oCsR90N_MVW-kWWkvNGaSpNYENuPQOWPyc7KA==
Last edited by captcole on Jan 29, 2013, 2:51:46 AM
looks nearly the same as my build i got in my head.
a very great one.
but i left out all the +%armor and used those points on the +armor&evasion nodes next to unwavering stance -> gives you more overall armor on the right items (if you play a mixed set "str/dex" armor)
you should try that out (leave those armor points @start and go the way down, so you can even save some points so spec ^^.. can as well spec those steel skin down there and save 5 points or spend them in leather and steel lower right @start ^^)

great guide and summary though!

edit:
"
captcole wrote:

My build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSvKkJstFx2nn5-jAdwb-qQZJd-E2Ud-q8UUUmVNvqfV7dJNwA--ingNWK826IcpOlKGYFYEYVIyCZ_LYIhVqZe0rLq_1USesHPstvH0U7sote9OXQBAoAUtxFgn1WBLeu907SFgdPGeuRjbapNuadX4xLhDnA6tFHXB2AHnpzCezdIhVw3ZYfe-GS4n7ayqcql82cT2PQ999Sml1I-53fIv7w7nUlRJXz_2SIzPUFBYY8bYPfx8uCkuLOkVIJLN4oCsR90N_MVW-kWWkvNGaSpNYENuPQOWPyc7KA==

should pick arcane efficiency and reduced mana cost near unwavering stance for 20% reduced mana (for skills)..
and reduced mana reservation, otherwise you wont have enough to run clarity + 1-2 other auras, and you will need clarity.
Last edited by gloobonious on Jan 29, 2013, 3:06:42 AM
"
gloobonious wrote:
a very great one.
but i left out all the +%armor and used those points on the +armor&evasion nodes next to unwavering stance -> gives you more overall armor on the right items (if you play a mixed set "str/dex" armor)
you should try that out (leave those armor points @start and go the way down, so you can even save some points so spec ^^.. can as well spec those steel skin down there and save 5 points or spend them in leather and steel lower right @start ^^)

great guide and summary though!

Hey dude,thanks for the great feedback.

I was actually pondering on that as well, this is something I may consider. However I would never take away the percent armors. I was considering taking one of the DW Phys. Damage clusters out and getting L&S. Armor is a pretty important aspect of this build; however, I was considering going a more hybrid armor build (Armor/Evasion) because of how Iron Reflexes works with Leather and Steel.
IGN: Seanald (Duelist), Seanlol (Shadow)

Duelist Dual Wield Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/78037/page/1
Last edited by seanmcdn on Jan 29, 2013, 12:20:23 PM
"
captcole wrote:

My build:

Here's how I look at this. You can either get one node (Blood Magic) and eliminate all mana issues. Or you can use ~5 nodes to solve these same issues using the standard mana mechanic.

Also remember how AWESOME the 4.8% Health Regen this build has is when used with Blood Magic.

Leveling up I had an insane mana problem, constantly running out of mana pots. Now that I picked up Blood Magic, I run 3 health flasks and 2 granites. I never die.

Duelist Dual Wield Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/78037/page/1
Last edited by seanmcdn on Jan 29, 2013, 12:15:55 PM
"
shrek83440 wrote:

how much of a DPS change if you went Resolute technique and changed the Crit nodes to other nodes ya think?

I have around 80% chance to hit right now (that's without the accuracy nodes in my build).

I have a small amount of accuracy in my build. I did not focus on getting accuracy in my passives because I believe accuracy to be a very easy stat to obtain on items. You can get one or two items that have accuracy on them and it shoots your Chance to Hit to an acceptable level.

Edit: Turns out I was incorrect in the logic behind the crit quality increase on dual strike, turns out it modifies your characters base crit, I was under the assumption that it increased your chances to crit with the spell, I'm sorry for any confusion.

I do agree that accuracy may be a problem towards the end game, and that's an issue I will address when the time comes!

Thanks!

Last edited by seanmcdn on Jan 29, 2013, 3:48:16 PM
"
viater wrote:
Loving this build, currently level 18 and have had no problems so far

I'm glad man, keep me posted!

Thx for your work!

Why did you set no point into the last life regeneration node near golem's blood?
"
_Regulus_ wrote:
Thx for your work!

Why did you set no point into the last life regeneration node near golem's blood?

No problem dude, glad you like it!

By not putting that point in the regen it enables me to get so many more awesome nodes, the .4% regen I would gain is not nearly as beneficial as the nodes I had to choose from.

Also, have the Marauder's regen nodes I felt it wasn't a huge deal.

Last edited by seanmcdn on Jan 29, 2013, 2:59:06 PM
"
gloobonious wrote:
a very great one.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/80364/page/3

This thread seems to come to the conclusion that the armor nodes are significantly better than the evasion nodes. Also, Leather and Steel only applies once after you have taken iron reflexes, so really, the Steel Skin nodes are a better investment than Leather and Steel.

"
seanmcdn wrote:
"
shrek83440 wrote:

I have around 80% chance to hit right now (that's without the accuracy nodes in my build).

I have a small amount of accuracy in my build. I did not focus on getting accuracy in my passives because I believe accuracy to be a very easy stat to obtain on items. You can get one or two items that have accuracy on them and it shoots your Chance to Hit to an acceptable level.

Unfortunately crit is a very important stat in this build. Although I don't put many points in the passives; when you upgrade the Gem Dual Strike, every upgrade gives you +4% Crit chance with the ability. That's an 80% chance to Crit at the max +20. Therefore Resolute Technique would absolutely SLAUGHTER your single target DPS. That being said, you have made me think about trying to get some more Crit Multiplier in the build... Will look into that later.

I do agree that accuracy may be a problem towards the end game, and that's an issue I will address when the time comes!

Thanks!

Are you sure that this means you have an 80% chance to crit with Dual Strike? Or does it mean you have an 80% increased chance to crit with Dual Strike? Meaning you really only end up with 9% chance to crit with a 20% quality gem (base 5% multiplied by 1.8 = 9% chance to crit).

Edit: Did some research and the gem states "80% increase to critical strike chance" so this does not mean 80% crit rate, but rather the formula that I posted, leaving you with only 1.8xbase crit chance of 5% or so. Since there really aren't many crit talents near the duelist tree, it might be a good idea to take RT and eliminate the need for accuracy all together (and the need for GCPs for your dual wield gem). This is what I did and seems to be working out well.
Last edited by CrazyCarl14031 on Jan 29, 2013, 3:48:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info