Sean's DW Blood Tanky DPS

"
Reion1 wrote:
Is it just me? But when I click on the passive skill tree in this guide I can't seem to make out where Sean allocated his points into for this build. Can anyone help a newbie out?

the skill tree on the website has been updated as well. so the old link doesn't work anymore.
Is there an updated tree of this build or is the OP MIA?
"
Reion1 wrote:
Is there an updated tree of this build or is the OP MIA?

not yet, dont know if op is mia, but since the patch just came out today, yeah most likely there will be a revised version by either OP or someone else.
For those who still want to play this type of build i recommend going with this one. It's modified to go with the changes to the duelist while staying as close to the original spec as i can.

Quick summary on some of my decisions:

The reason i didn't get the mana talent between the major str and agi nodes is because i still wanted the attack speed regardless and just seemed like it would be wasted point since % mana doesn't increase life with blood magic.

2nd I do recommend getting the str node after water dancing just to get to Golem's blood fast for early game and later on spec'ing out of it since it will no longer be needed to still be connected to the rest of the build.

Lastly do note that i am going to be a DW axe duelist so make changes according to what weapons you want/will be using.

I hope this helps you guys.

Edit: Added url
Last edited by Moondude on Mar 8, 2013, 12:33:53 AM
Hi, author, update the bilds pleasejn first page!
[deleted]
Last edited by theplaypig on Nov 29, 2017, 10:48:21 AM
Guys... Plz, fix all builds seanmcdn first post (like 19-29-42-78 etc). Really need help =)
"
theplaypig wrote:
"
Moondude wrote:
For those who still want to play this type of build i recommend going with this one. It's modified to go with the changes to the duelist while staying as close to the original spec as i can.

Quick summary on some of my decisions:

The reason i didn't get the mana talent between the major str and agi nodes is because i still wanted the attack speed regardless and just seemed like it would be wasted point since % mana doesn't increase life with blood magic.

2nd I do recommend getting the str node after water dancing just to get to Golem's blood fast for early game and later on spec'ing out of it since it will no longer be needed to still be connected to the rest of the build.

Lastly do note that i am going to be a DW axe duelist so make changes according to what weapons you want/will be using.

I hope this helps you guys.

Edit: Added url

Could you maybe add breakdown versions of this build? It would really help since my duelist hasn't even reached lv50 yet. Oh, and why did you get the 8% movement speed node? Also, since you didn't reach for Resolute Technique, what is your current chance to hit/crit with this build? (Or a reasonable average chance to hit/crit) And did you take the same bandit quest rewards?

Bro you forgot to take at least one big leather and steel node for the removal of movement speed reduction from armor i suggest you take the one at the start of the duelist tree on the left since u only need to waste 2 points on it the other near unwavering stance requires 5 i think
PLEASE AUTHOR UPDATE THE SKILL TREE AND UR WHOLE GUIDE PLS
"
c0balt242 wrote:
Guys... Plz, fix all builds seanmcdn first post (like 19-29-42-78 etc). Really need help =)

My guess (not that hard to guess this):
Spoiler

1) [21 pts total] The start (left first if you 2H first 10 levels or right if DW)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBEdUXHRv6Jd80k0d-U99Xl1jbYEFjcGVNhNmZK5stm4OkGavFvYG-p-_j

2) [28 pts total] Go get Blood Magic
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwR1RcdG_ol3zSTNug6Ukd-U99Xl1ivWNtgQWNwZU14DYTZmSubLZuDpBmrxb2Bvoq-p9-_7-M=

3) [51 pts total] This spans a long way but it's a straight path
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwB5xHVFx0b-iXfKS40kzboOlI9_Ed-UFBT31RJVw1Xl1hjWK9Y218_YEFjcGVNah54DXy4hNmMz5krmy2bg57NpBmnMKgYq8W53b2Bvoq-p8bY0iHZYd-_51LvDu_j8i_2SPe-

4) [61 pts total]
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwB5xHVFx0b-iXfKS40kzboOlI9_Ed-Sn1OKlBQU99USVcNV5dYY1ivWNtbr18_YEFjcGVNZ6BqHngNfLiE2Yd2jM-ZK5stm4OezaQZpzCoGKvFtkG53b2Bvoq-p8APxtjSIdJN2WHdDd-_51LvDu_j8i_2SPe-_MU=

5) [64 pts total] more resist
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwB5xHVFx0Y2xv6Jd8pLjSTNug6Uj38R35KfU4qUFBT31RJVw1Xl1hjWK9Y21uvXz9gQWNwZU1noGoedPF4DXy4hNmHdozPmSubLZuDnrmezaQZpzCoGKvFtkG53b2Bvoq-p8APxtjSIdJN2WHdDd-_51LvDu_j8i_2SPe-_MU=

6) Now it is up to you b/c it depends on your gear. Notice that we haven't taken any sword vs. axe specialization yet. You either head toward Unwavering Stance (picking up some health via Golem's Blood partial loop, dps via Berserking and Gallantry and Bravado, + some more Armor if you need it) OR you head to Iron Reflex first (and pick up Ambidexterity, Celerity if you like movement, and Blade Barrier). You will end up getting both eventually, but up to you where you go first.
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Mar 8, 2013, 12:37:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info