[1.2] Oldschool, cheap and noobfriendly "Sword&Board" Marauder

In earlygame you can spec into it.

Lategame you usually want auras, and that's not really possible with Bloodmagic.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Sorry if you already talked about this but i didnt feel like going through 23 pages. What are your thoughts on Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics?

Great skills, but I wouldn't recommend them here.

This would take a completly different approach (Evasion Gear and Nodes, Lightning Coil, more lifenodes, other skilltree, maybe even different class).

I think you can do a Reave Sword and Board style with Acrobatics, but those three words (Reave, Sword, Board) would be the only thing this has in common with the guide... ;)

Would it be possible to adapt this build to axes and cleave?
"
LawlBBQsawce wrote:
Would it be possible to adapt this build to axes and cleave?

You people are sometimes very, very lazy and non-independent... ;)

Click

Remove Sword nodes, add Axe nodes. How hard can that be?

However "Cleave" is considered a shitty skill.
Use Double Strike or Heavy Strike with Melee Splash, faster attacks, melee damage, multistrike, + blood magic (or added fire).
Last edited by Peterlerock on Apr 14, 2014, 5:34:53 AM
//sorry for bad english and i'll not use some verbs tenses.
I very like this build. That guide + walkthrough of Ambush helps me adapt, because i haven't played PoE 6 month and only i have is character in Standart and few knowledge of old PoE.

So, i looked your passive tree during leveling my maradeur and choose my version, changed to more defence and less attack speed
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecFLQbuEPAUIBiRGNsaMhpVG_ohYCSbJd8nLymlNDU26DbpOJY9_ECgRmlHfkp9TipPfVBHUWBT31cNWGNYr1jbWfNbr18_YEthIWMXZKNlTWaeZ6BuaXB9cql07XTxeu982YBWgIqE2YTvh3aLT4zPkAqQVZB0kc6XcJuDnrmezaC0pBmkrKcwqZWrxayqrK-vorcXu-28n76nwA_AGsEHxtjM29Ih0k3UUtd-3Q3jauOf5FHnru8O8i_zBvZI9zL3Tfe--tL7qvzF

I took Iron Reflexes for using evasion/armor+evasion gear and more defence. Took more ele.resists from nods in top(ele.resists while using shield), because i haven't so much resists atm + using Purity aura. This giving me maxed resists.
Also, i took node change to block spells, this give me around 12% spell block, if i'll reach 75% common block.

Current stats at 68 lvl:
3.3k HP
4k defence
Maxed resists
9k DPS with concentrated effect + hatred aura
0.17 AS
56% block, 9% spell block

My gear:
Spoiler

Sword bought for 15 chaos, this is fair price for 250 DPS and doubled my DPS from this shit
to

Crest of Perandus is so OP unique shield, provides higher block chance that other shiels, life leech, HP, lightning res, but so low defence. I'll save that shield until i'll get Lioneye Remorse: lower block(33%), but insane defence and HP + defence against range attacks. This is nice too.

I very like that biuld, but i am so noob(or GGG made game so hardly), but i died 30 times! Because i don't knew about new vaal bosses, which so hard in merc, so i died 1-3 times before i'll kill some boss, some bosses i just skipped, when i died for 1 second before i met them.
2 issue is Ambush Strongboxes: then open rare box, i usually have Freeze while activated. I haven't time to react and mobs just kill me before i'll push flask with unfreeze. This hurts my ass too. I don't know how to play end game if i'll meet stronger monsters than in acts.
Last edited by onizuka1488 on Apr 15, 2014, 11:44:09 AM
"
onizuka1488 wrote:
Took more ele.resists from nods in top(ele.resists while using shield), because i haven't so much resists atm + using Purity aura. This giving me maxed resists.

Get more resists on your gear. This really isnt too expensive.

"

2 issue is Ambush Strongboxes: then open rare box, i usually have Freeze while activated. I haven't time to react and mobs just kill me before i'll push flask with unfreeze. This hurts my ass too. I don't know how to play end game if i'll meet stronger monsters than in acts.

Use scrolls of wisdom on boxes before you open them, and if it says "freeze", then you know you have to use the unfreeze pot immediatly.
First off, just wanna say that this build is lovely :D.

However, I've started to struggle when it comes to chaos damage in the 70-74 range for maps (can't even get close to Sallazang in Labyrinth xD), I've also had trouble finding a decent shield with at least 34% block rate and some resists.

Current gear:

Spoiler

Damage is more than sufficient ATM (17k at level 75, and still growing as I snag the remaining damage nodes) and I'm at about 4.2k HP (though I still have three life nodes to grab). What would you say are the best slots to grab chaos res? I'm guessing Amethyst rings would be a good bet, but I'd imagine it's be tough to find one with life+phys damage for cheap.

The shield has also been a pickle, I definitely do not want to give up a good life roll on my shield, but now it seems like I may have to in favor of finding one with good armor+resists on top of a high block chance. I think the underlying issue is that tower shields aren't too high in demand, so a lot of people don't even bother selling them on poe.xyz :(.
Maximing out on Chaos resist ist where shit gets expensive.

You want items with 3 high resists (1 of them chaos), life and armor. This is costly. ;)

I am essentially starting PoE with this build. Works great (mostly). I had a serious Dex problem around level 12, though, for which I had to spec up into Versatility to get by until some gear dropped. I haven't backed out of it yet, but I suspect this might be problem early on for new people who don't have lots of gear stashed so I wanted to point it out as an easy side spec.

Overall, this build is pretty simple...the only thing that has killed me (beyond my 5 year old messing with me) is a corrupted area final boss that blinded? me.

Otherwise, it's wade into 20 enemies and slay. Exactly what I needed in a first end-game in mind build.

thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info