[1.2] Oldschool, cheap and noobfriendly "Sword&Board" Marauder

Hi,

i try your build. lvl 37 at the moment. have one question why you take the 3 points for % evasion rating?

the only item you use with evasion is this helm with over 800 evasion. i see at your stats you have 20% chance to evade, i think that isnt so much and has not really a effect at the gameplay, iam not sure if i should take this 3 points cause also i dont have this helm what you use.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwCEQMnA4cFLQthEPASvBRSGS4b-iXfJy8n7T38R35T31cNWGNY218_YEtlTWwWbmlyqXTteA15aHrvfNmE2YTvhxmLT4zPkHSZK5uDoLSkGaSsrKqsr6-ivJ-9gb6KvqfBBMbYzNvZYeOf5FHnru8O8i_yWvMG9kj7qvxLQKAhYHTxGNtbr90N_MVnoId2Sn1W-u4Oo4oj9k2SjX0wfNRSy_UxsNy9Bu7nD0TSo-eXcNfLt9M94kjueK4brZVm0359df66kAo=

here is my variant, you win 2 points and have also 10 dex more. and this 2 points you can invest in endurance charce, or mana regener., also for 1,2 % life regenerated per second.

What do you think?

You talking about "Leather and Steel" at Duelist?

Its Armor and Evasion, not just Evasion.
And it is "no movement penalty", which I consider quite valuable.
I think this is worth grabbing. And if you decide to take the notable (requires the "2 points" you are talking about), it doesn't really matter if you take my route or yours (10 dex vs 8% armor+evasion).
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
You talking about "Leather and Steel" at Duelist?

Its Armor and Evasion, not just Evasion.
And it is "no movement penalty", which I consider quite valuable.
I think this is worth grabbing. And if you decide to take the notable (requires the "2 points" you are talking about), it doesn't really matter if you take my route or yours (10 dex vs 8% armor+evasion).

I know that, i said therefore only evasion cause is the only item you wear which have evasion. and you mean 10 dex vs amor and evasion, but you forget the 2 points for skill effect aura, or under the duelist, 2 points for mana reg. and intelligence, cause my problem is to low intelligence now.. maybe i must get the other +30 points int. at the left side from duellist, also i see why you dont take the endurance charge instead of strength? (i mean left to the "hits cant be evaded point) I see you need 1 point more, but then you have endurance charge and life % regenerated per charge?

I think you have persuaded me about the evasion.

Hi.
This build still works with the actual version of PoE ? I see that the build's links lead to empty trees.

Thanks
In my signature, you find a thread ID of 1.3 updated builds.
Lucky for you, my sword&board marauder is among them. ;)

But several things have changed since I wrote this guide.
Not all changes were nerfs, there's also some buffs, and overall this thread is not very useful anymore. And since I'm currently not playing with such a build, I will leave it as it is.

Damage and Life have gone up.
Block has gone down. Especially without a (now legacy) 15% Bringer of Rain.

Sword and Board Marauders should still be very viable and at least get you into maps.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Dec 26, 2014, 2:12:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info