[1.2] Oldschool, cheap and noobfriendly "Sword&Board" Marauder

"
Dualstrike+Cleave?

Use DS for single target, cleave for AoE?

Yes.

Setup probably like this:
4L DS + Melee Phys + Multistrike + Bloodmagic/faster attacks
6L Cleave + multi + conc effect + melee phys + BM + faster attacks

That's if Cleave is worth it now. If not, just DS+Splash for AoE and Single Target.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
will you be updating this build for 1.2 if anything changes? i really liked the sound of it
I'll probably update it in the next days. I got three marauders in standard, level 85, 86 and 88. Since I'm not planning to seriously play them, I'll probably try three different approaches to Sword&Board.

a) Tree like before: Marauder, Duelist, Ranger and Damage/Shield/Life stuff in between
b) Tree with Marauder, Ranger, but Scion life wheel instead of Duelist, probably no RT
c) all the way up to the 10% spellblock at witch, a little low on Dex and damage (don't know if actually worth it)

It will take as long as it takes me, I'm kind of busy in Rl atm and in no hurry. ;)
cool take you time btw any tips on getting the gems for that dualwield marauder? sounds fun
no queen rules forever, my daughter
"
MissionUK wrote:
For the new league I've gone for something like this.

It's not worth it to go to the duelist area now for the shield.

...yet you spend like all of your points there.
Sry, don't like your tree at all.
Using your 105 points build from last page.

Went for Strong Arm, By the Blade, Waterdancing and huge life node pool above - happy to say I facetanked Dominus frost/lightning and his 2nd form in pretty crap gear. lv 38, 1.3k HP, maxed res on Cruel and 600dps single-target with Heavy strike. Using Molten Strike with Item Rarity for AoE cause I never found a decent 3link or 4link.

I couldn't get smirk off my face when lv42 summoner asked me to help him with Dominus :D

Anyway, I'm cheering for some min-maxing update to the build o/
First two Marauders reskilled...

I used some random gear and gems I had in my stash, so don't expect too much... ;)

Number one, basically the old build:

Stats:
Spoiler

Tree:
Click me for 85 with Oak/Oak/Oak

This is a BoR (+Aegis Aurora) build, it's not maxed without this Unique.

I went RT obly because I was right next to it on the life and sword/life clusters (and I didnt have any crit nodes taken), my accuracy was at around 90%.
I wanted the crazy sword cluster in the right of Ranger, and all the block, life and damage on the way. There's one "wasted" skillpoint at Ranger (dualwield stuff) to get the notable, and this spec requires two Int affixes to use Conc Effect (and Item Rarity).

Random Gear
Not too many life rolls on it, still enough life.
Priority on Non-Uniques should be life, Resists, Int, followed by sweet stuff like armor, additional ES, life leech.
With gloves like this, you could probably drop the BM gem for another damage gem (Melee full, fire damage), and with the 400 acc gloves you actually don't need RT. ;)
Spoiler

---

Second dude, went for a 6L build, making use of templar and duelist zone. Didn't think too much about it, and it probably isn't really good... But it has a ton of life nodes, and the damage is enough.

I took some reduced mana nodes to make sure I can run Reave on Mana, and I failed to chrome my 6L RRRGGB, so I used Melee full (or added fire) instead of Faster attacks.

It's again with Aegis Aurora and feels pretty immortal, but the damage is not too high (without a 6L it drops to about 14k on a 300 DpS sword).

This Dude needs Dex and Int on his Gear (in my case, ring and helmet) as all the pathing is on strength, so this is not really selffound viable.
He couldn't even use a sword without gear. ;)

Stats
Spoiler

Tree
Click me for 86 with Skillpoint^3

Random Gear
Spoiler

Last edited by Peterlerock on Aug 21, 2014, 5:50:26 PM
105 point dualwield crit build

This is what I'm going for in the new league.

An amazing amount of crit, some block, not too much life, no keystones, no weapon-specific nodes (so I can use whatever I find, be it swords, axes, daggers, claws).

Just dropping it here so I know where to find it (maybe I write a little guide later), but if you find any mistakes I made, feel free to point them out.
Last edited by Peterlerock on Aug 23, 2014, 1:45:06 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
105 point dualwield crit build

This is what I'm going for in the new league.

An amazing amount of crit, some block, not too much life, no keystones, no weapon-specific nodes (so I can use whatever I find, be it swords, axes, daggers, claws).

Just dropping it here so I know where to find it (maybe I write a little guide later), but if you find any mistakes I made, feel free to point them out.

Are you using Cleave and Dual Strike with this now?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info