[1.3] Templar Summoner a.k.a The Pillager - HC/Bloodlines - Updated

Nice that's great man, but I clear much slower than I used to on high maps.. and my gear is much better too.. using a Mon'Treguls and all 20/20 gems. I'm really not sure what the best Spectre is, or what the best setup is anymore.. I'm still testing but the BM nerf sucks.
Okay, so what I find works best is:

Get a level 16 desecrate (Don't need any higher.. also too high is too much dex anyway).

With level 16 desecrate all you have to do is go to the Eternal Laboratory (Lvl 66 zone) and use your desecrate. It will spawn level 66 Flame Sentinels. This is very convenient, and stronger than the ones you would normally get in Solaris.

I link my Spectres in a 6L chest piece, although only 5L is really necessary.

I use: Spectre->Remote Mine->Minion Damage->Faster Casting->Concentrated Effect->Fire Pen. (BBBBBR)

Maybe there is a better combination, but for now I find this very strong (Was doing 75map and they where decimating packs).

As for Zombies I link them in a 4L +2 Minion helmet.

I use: Zombie->Multistrike->Melee Splash->Minion damage. (BBRR)

I am using Mon'treguls, and the boots that +1 Zombie and +1 Spectre.

So when running I have 4 zombies, and 3 spectres. Take note, Mon'Treguls is not essential as far as I can tell.. honestly quite underwhelming.

Anyway, so far this setup is working well.. and I don't have to fiddle around with snap-shotting and re-equipping gear or anything. If you don't mind snap-shotting you can do a bit more with it, but I'm too lazy for that.

Basically all you do is:

-Enter eternal laboratory
-Put on Sidhebreath amulet, weapon swap to Chober Chaber
-Desecrate, use corpses to summon Flame Sentinels
-Keep on Sidhebreath, weapon swap to Mon'Tregul's
-Desecrate, use corpses to summon Zombies
-Put back on your regular amulet
-Play the game

As for what you actually do when your minions are killing stuff... I tend to:

-Place healing totem close to next area I'll be fighting
-Cast Vulnerability on enemy mobs
-Flesh offering corpses when needed
-Use hp pots to heal minions when needed
-Repeat
Last edited by ampdgmr on Mar 18, 2014, 12:13:01 AM
I was thinking about this earlier and imo I think Mon'tegrul's may not be as great as it seems if you are basically forcing to max out damage for zombies only. Midnight arguably costs less (factor in pricing should be the minion damage roll on it), but Midnight's biggest drawback is a CI user can't use the wand, and it reserves 30% health. A rich player can pre-buff with X zombies using Montegrul I figure, then use remaining zombies with Midnight. If your summoner is already beefed up with maxed ele resists (shouldn't be too hard, chaos resists can be an issue though), high armor, and over 4k HP around level 80+. I figure it's not a big deal.

I do think and it's more or less used by anyone that the Flame Sentinel is probably best minion since the overpowered Burned Miscreation got hit hard with the nerfbat. I was thinking what's the viability with Tentacle Miscreations, you know those annoying guys that look like they're firing machine guns at you in Lunaris Temple levels 2 and 3. They sort of look like Doc Ock from Spiderman and fire a ton of bullets or whatever your way really quick.

I was theorycrafting what gems to stick into a 6L with them. Remote Mine, Raise Spectre, Minion Damage is a start, then possibly either LMP or GMP along with Chain (while their attack pierces often, they shoot very quick that pierces even with chain it is still quite viable), lastly either Life Leech for added survivability or Faster Attacks(they don't cast). Combine those with offensive auras like Haste, Anger, Wrath and they might be interesting glass cannons, though the auras may need to be put on an Alpha Howl so the mana reserve costs don't take away too much meaning a summoner would have to sacrifice their +2 zombie helmet. Seeing as their damage is half fire and half physical, using Vulnerability is still fine, secondary curse is up to the person and if used in a party or not.

Sadly, I don't have the budget or means to fulfill this idea, though I would like to try it some day and see if those Tentacle Miscreations are even remotely viable, the Flame Sentinels are the easy choice due to their energy shield, already spitting out 3 fireballs at the get-go, and they fly/hover so burning ground doesn't affect them.
"
ampdgmr wrote:
Okay, so what I find works best is:

Get a level 16 desecrate (Don't need any higher.. also too high is too much dex anyway).

With level 16 desecrate all you have to do is go to the Eternal Laboratory (Lvl 66 zone) and use your desecrate. It will spawn level 66 Flame Sentinels. This is very convenient, and stronger than the ones you would normally get in Solaris.

Sadly, Desecrate does not work properly in Invasion, brother. It's a well known bug. It only spawns skeletons in half of the zones, and one of those zones is Solaris...
While Sentinels may be best choice for HC or SC Leagues, Evangelists are a must for Invasion. Some bosses can be extremely dangerous if you don't have them.
IGN: @ToeTags
Guild: SSDD
Last edited by ComradeMrki on Mar 18, 2014, 7:15:26 AM
"
reciprocate wrote:
I was thinking about this earlier and imo I think Mon'tegrul's may not be as great as it seems if you are basically forcing to max out damage for zombies only. Midnight arguably costs less (factor in pricing should be the minion damage roll on it), but Midnight's biggest drawback is a CI user can't use the wand, and it reserves 30% health. A rich player can pre-buff with X zombies using Montegrul I figure, then use remaining zombies with Midnight. If your summoner is already beefed up with maxed ele resists (shouldn't be too hard, chaos resists can be an issue though), high armor, and over 4k HP around level 80+. I figure it's not a big deal.

I do think and it's more or less used by anyone that the Flame Sentinel is probably best minion since the overpowered Burned Miscreation got hit hard with the nerfbat. I was thinking what's the viability with Tentacle Miscreations, you know those annoying guys that look like they're firing machine guns at you in Lunaris Temple levels 2 and 3. They sort of look like Doc Ock from Spiderman and fire a ton of bullets or whatever your way really quick.

I was theorycrafting what gems to stick into a 6L with them. Remote Mine, Raise Spectre, Minion Damage is a start, then possibly either LMP or GMP along with Chain (while their attack pierces often, they shoot very quick that pierces even with chain it is still quite viable), lastly either Life Leech for added survivability or Faster Attacks(they don't cast). Combine those with offensive auras like Haste, Anger, Wrath and they might be interesting glass cannons, though the auras may need to be put on an Alpha Howl so the mana reserve costs don't take away too much meaning a summoner would have to sacrifice their +2 zombie helmet. Seeing as their damage is half fire and half physical, using Vulnerability is still fine, secondary curse is up to the person and if used in a party or not.

Sadly, I don't have the budget or means to fulfill this idea, though I would like to try it some day and see if those Tentacle Miscreations are even remotely viable, the Flame Sentinels are the easy choice due to their energy shield, already spitting out 3 fireballs at the get-go, and they fly/hover so burning ground doesn't affect them.

I never tried them out since they are too squishy, and re-summoning specters on regular basis can be quite annoying. I will though. As for auras, hatred would be enough, it has the best damage boost for physical, but I still can't pop it in. Need Reduced Mana lvl20 to do that and I don't want to lose my defensive auras.
Last edited by ComradeMrki on Mar 18, 2014, 9:23:15 AM
I still can't figure how to get hatred in either, and I have level 20 reduced mana.

My link is on my gloves like: reduced mana, determination, clarity, vitality. I want to use hatred, but I'm not sure how.

As for the tentacle miscreations, I've tried them before.. but not with that support gem setup. From what I saw of them they where way too squishy for my tastes. If you're going to go that route, I'd recommend Avian Retch. I would try these but with my 6link it will take me way too much time / money to get 3 green slots on a Saintly Chainmail (LMP, Chain, Faster attacks)

.. I'm still not sure though, the BM / Arc nerf sucks. I clear fine, but nothing like I used too.
Last edited by ampdgmr on Mar 18, 2014, 2:25:54 PM
"
"
reciprocate wrote:
What would be a better endgame unique weapon for a summoner? Mon'tegrul's or Midnight? Both have their trade offs, and seems like Midnight is tad bit cheaper.

Mon'tegrul's by far. That 30% life reserve is simply too risky. I would never do that in any HC league. You can still use it to summon 4 buff zobies, switch set to that culling wand (can't remember the name now) and summon 4 more regular zombies.

Are you talking about the culling strike dagger Heartbreaker as secondary weapon?
Last edited by Cuzzo on Mar 18, 2014, 7:22:22 PM
"
Cuzzo wrote:
"
"
reciprocate wrote:
What would be a better endgame unique weapon for a summoner? Mon'tegrul's or Midnight? Both have their trade offs, and seems like Midnight is tad bit cheaper.

Mon'tegrul's by far. That 30% life reserve is simply too risky. I would never do that in any HC league. You can still use it to summon 4 buff zobies, switch set to that culling wand (can't remember the name now) and summon 4 more regular zombies.

Are you talking about the culling strike dagger Heartbreaker as secondary weapon?

Yup, that's the one.
"
ampdgmr wrote:
I still can't figure how to get hatred in either, and I have level 20 reduced mana.

My link is on my gloves like: reduced mana, determination, clarity, vitality. I want to use hatred, but I'm not sure how.

As for the tentacle miscreations, I've tried them before.. but not with that support gem setup. From what I saw of them they where way too squishy for my tastes. If you're going to go that route, I'd recommend Avian Retch. I would try these but with my 6link it will take me way too much time / money to get 3 green slots on a Saintly Chainmail (LMP, Chain, Faster attacks)

.. I'm still not sure though, the BM / Arc nerf sucks. I clear fine, but nothing like I used too.

Well, you need all of your auras on lvl20 Reduce Mana gems :S And Reduce Mana Reserved Passives. Ideally, it should go in a 5l/6s chest that has a top left slot un-linked for snapshotting specters :)
But, since you have 6l, why don't you use tabula to snapshot specters, and fill the rest of the 5l with aura gems and redu mana?
"
"
ampdgmr wrote:

Well, you need all of your auras on lvl20 Reduce Mana gems :S And Reduce Mana Reserved Passives. Ideally, it should go in a 5l/6s chest that has a top left slot un-linked for snapshotting specters :)
But, since you have 6l, why don't you use tabula to snapshot specters, and fill the rest of the 5l with aura gems and redu mana?

I'm so confused about snapshotting spectres.. You got a video of this in action?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info