1.0.6 Patch Notes and Flying Monsters

Flying monsters - awesome :-D Maybe we'll get a new (trap) skill like throwing nets?
I think it might be worth considering adding the "flight" component to Cyclone as a way to combat some of the issues the skill has with certain terrain objects. Perhaps, to balance, the "flight" only applies when encountering ground terrain obstacles and, when in "flight" the AS and damage is hit with a "less" modifier. This could also apply to Whirling Blades. As far as I know, those are the only two "movement" skills that are stymied by ground terrain.
wow, flying monsters, finally!
all that ribbons staying on the ground only looked really silly.
now we need a monster with low range attack, high speed and low acceleration that spawns in packs. this will be riptastic!
oh, and can we have swords+cycolne=helicopter mode? =D
right. how about traps? will work on flying enemies? ;)

"
jeonitsoc wrote:
im still waiting for invisible monsters>!

we have invis monsters
IGN: UbogiMurarz
Last edited by adi00000 on Jan 30, 2014, 9:02:24 AM
"
adi00000 wrote:
right. how about traps? will work on flying enemies? ;)

I hope that they will not.

Flying monsters = flying spectres

This is really something :D good job GGG!
IGN: Cacofonya - Spectre Summoner Witch lvl 87
Only people that are screwed by the client limitation are the ones that use more clients for small additional loot. And loot in this game is pretty horrid for most of the time.

The client limitation can be bypassed in so many ways.
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
"
RIP Groundslam builds.

Anytime i see a ground slam build i think "Hey! They just started this game! Good for them"
"
Flying monsters interact with terrain like projectiles, meaning they can fly over gaps and small blockages that ground-based enemies would need to path around. Flying monsters will not block the pathing of non-flying ones - they can walk under the fliers. Flying monsters are also immune to the effects of Burning ground, Chilled Ground, Shocked Ground and Tar. "Cloud" effects placed on the ground, such as Consecrated/Desecrated Ground and Poison Clouds will still affect flying monsters.

The minions summoned by the new Summon Raging Spirit skill and the Animate Weapon skill are flying monsters.

Needless to say, this will be used in the future on enemies also.

They keywords here i think are like projectile, and the fact that they listed Raging Spirit & Animate Weapon suggests this might be only for short lived monsters.

Also Chris said they will become future monsters, meaning there should not be any of this monster type atm... (so ribbons are not lying monsters)
SSF since ~OB
Last edited by stonespeak on Jan 30, 2014, 10:38:37 AM
This patch sounds great, also I hope they make a unique that allows players to fly and bypass collision lol. Would be interesting.
Every skill should work against flying monsters - otherwise this "feature" is the most stupid thing ever imho and only makes all those skills useless...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info