Dying Breath 1.0.6 Unique

If the devs won't let you raise the values then they could at least make it one handed.....
Standard Forever
"
Lezli wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:
party bot uniques... Many gold farmers will enjoy it, imagine 4-5 bots using this staff, and a full dps toon to kills bosses...

Yeah, I never even considered the idea of it's auras stacking when designing it, and I PMed Rory asking him about it. It was never a consideration when I was discussing it, and it's not something I want. I don't want my unique to be an item that's only used when it can be abused to get ridiculous effects. XD

I would not consider this to be a "ridiculous effect".

Leer Cast already is in the same box, yet amazingly its price and perceived value is low. Shows you how "op" stacking these things are.

Yes, it is true that a theoretical 6 man party can get double curse effect, but come on, how easy would it be to get six people use both this and Leer Cast in a party?
I know I personally wouldn't be able to easily assemble a 6-man curse brigade and have it be... functional. So even if it does stack, it's not going to be reasonable to do in the least.
leer helmet isnt as strong considering that it is a helmet.

for a support toon, alpha's howl is better for support
for a summoner a +2minion helm is arguably better (especially since you wont be getting +minion on weapon if you use this staff)

still, a leer+this staff on AG + this staff on you +a 20/20 Curse on hit could somewhat work imo. You will be at 46% increased effect, almost enough to nullify the 50% reduced effect on rares, and that is quite something for elemental damage users (p.e. getting a resist mob to -60%resists instead of the -10% would mean 45% MORE damage compared to before)

certainly not trash unique, certainly not top tier.

It's still too early for a verdict though with summoner's patch notes not out yet and a big patch incoming in 1 month. Maybe p.e. GGG has seen how ridiculous the nerf to curses and hexproof maps is and they plan to address this... (one can only hope^^)

another option would be to add +18% to aura effects, but i think that might make it a tad too strong.
Last edited by shroudb on Jan 28, 2014, 7:53:46 AM
IMHO a decent buff to this that would make it useful but not OP would be to give it some form of increased Block Chance and Block Recovery.
i like the item and think it is very good, a bit niche indeed but i usually make niche builds.

18% increased damage aint so bad for a summoner , but you will probably have to build a bit around it with a bit of armour and it should work out.

Curses are very strong so anything that boost it is bound to be very powerful
I would like if GGG could confirm if aura effect passives work with the staff's curse bonus. I remember hearing they work with Leer Cast but I might just be misinformed.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Jan 28, 2014, 8:29:37 AM
remeber gents , this item is a leveling summon item. it is not supposed to be end game worthy,
(2 handers have difficulty being end game worthy because they need to be 6s and 5l+ to make it worth losing necro aegis and the mid night bargain wand)
Only that it is supposed to bridge the rather considerable gab between the early game summoners

and those who have the passive points to get necro aegis , minion instability , aura + minion nodes.

essentially you could think of it as giving your minions a 30% buff to damage if you use the right curses.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jan 28, 2014, 9:09:50 AM
what are you talking about this item not working for Summoners?

You put this item on an Animate Guardian and poof +18% increased damage,+18% increased curse effectiveness.
You do the same with Leer Cast, instant +15% increased damage.
You add a Zahndethus' Cassock and the 5% life regen from the Consecrated ground will be a godsend.
"
NiNcsszaM wrote:
what are you talking about this item not working for Summoners?

You put this item on an Animate Guardian and poof +18% increased damage,+18% increased curse effectiveness.
You do the same with Leer Cast, instant +15% increased damage.
You add a Zahndethus' Cassock and the 5% life regen from the Consecrated ground will be a godsend.

and then your guardian dies due to having a weak weapon, no shield, and 18% increased damage taken from the staff.

Btw, you do know that you need block chance to activate Concsecrated Ground right? (Please don't even try to tell me 18% from the staff is enough).
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Jan 28, 2014, 9:47:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info