What builds are actually better off not starting from the Scion?

"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Haaken wrote:
how can i edit my skill tree so i can link it here?

Click on the link you gave me, add some points, then copy the new link and paste it here

If i add some nodes the link doesnt change.
it stays what it was beofre
There is no link generated below the skill tree
Last edited by Haaken on Jan 27, 2014, 7:17:51 AM
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Porterhouse wrote:

got it up to 258 give this one a whack and show me a better scion. I think its hard to do because attack speed is the escape for scion and its kinda meh for flicker strike compared to raw damage. i get what your tryin to say but i think shadows have their niche in the dagger/crit realm and seem pretty solid with a good bunch of life nodes around them. i think scion competes more when you try to run all three hatred/disc/grace with aura nodes and IR.

the spell damage/mana escapes from scion are pretty nice so i think your life based caster point is probably pretty valid.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA_5MeGjBUmVcoKrVIsbNte-1BVUumf4w2JpWH2xa_YeLz6ud0cFLAUTY93vZw1eOEpcvo1g5IIuqbJhGWpzSdqp2Wo4oyAZ2jVup_xmKsK28F-bIZ_KsFfen-HNzBxSepflnWnRi9FfDPel76uXyTJ4hCWm2sZrJE-WM6WOdUj_rcV5Abgh4kPNh2veYa2wR-JP3VAEk7HpRwVtsLp1ws4e4Ohxk2e6w_mhNJUY6KVvoj9rSj29T8xe_w3Q1noLcXWkhbr4d2XPk4ltDuSn2A4fej4l5ieRX2AAY=

Here you go:

272% incr. max life. Higher attack speed, higher melee physical damage. Only difference is having 45% decreased critical strike chance. However, the critical strike chance is already high enough such that 45% likely will not make much of a difference, especially since your crit multi is only 80%. your dps will still be higher because of the higher base damage.

edit: here's another version with lower attack speed but much higher melee damage, as well as offering much more flexibility in terms of leveling/respeccing/gearing options due to the ready availability of resist nodes as well as hp nodes.

You left out my extra frenzy charge in both so im not completely convinced throw that back in there and we can start talkin! you also killed some mana in the second one you cold hearted sob.
"
Porterhouse wrote:
You left out my extra frenzy charge in both so im not completely convinced throw that back in there and we can start talkin! you also killed some mana in the second one you cold hearted sob.

Pffft frenzy charges are over-rated! Go adjust the builds yourself. You should be able to see the flexibility in those trees :p
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
what about a dual claw build like:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/461565
That will be interesting!

try Scionize my build

Skill Tree
"
turmoil85 wrote:
what about a dual claw build like:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/461565

only 196% incr. life. Not enough life to be worth it

"
fsk1989 wrote:
That will be interesting!

try Scionize my build

Skill Tree

I can't really tell what build this is. Either way, scion will give you higher DPS and higher survivability.

Build of the Week 14
Confused about what you mean? Only 196% Inc life not worth it? Can you make a decent dual claw build from scion or not (the only reason I ask is that I'm actually interested in playing a dual claw build and if you can come up with a decent build from scion I'd start from there rather than shadow)
"
turmoil85 wrote:
Confused about what you mean? Only 196% Inc life not worth it? Can you make a decent dual claw build from scion or not (the only reason I ask is that I'm actually interested in playing a dual claw build and if you can come up with a decent build from scion I'd start from there rather than shadow)

Well in that case you should have said something. If you look at the previous posts it's all been about comparing between a scion version and another class' version.

And it terms of 'better', it depends on what you mean by better. That version had only 196% increased life. For that reason it's not worth it starting from scion. Scion only really outshines the others at around the 240% mark.
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Jan 28, 2014, 12:53:03 PM
that build is pretty popular and a lot of people appear to have got it to work, you seem to know a lot about scion so my question was really.....could it be even better starting off from scion location or should i just build the shadow one? the title for the thread is What builds are actually better off not starting from the Scion? and so that's all i was really asking, is the shadow build better or is there a scion version that would have higher dps and higher life?
"
turmoil85 wrote:
that build is pretty popular and a lot of people appear to have got it to work, you seem to know a lot about scion so my question was really.....could it be even better starting off from scion location or should i just build the shadow one? the title for the thread is What builds are actually better off not starting from the Scion? and so that's all i was really asking, is the shadow build better or is there a scion version that would have higher dps and higher life?

tbh I know more about shadows.

If all you want is a scion version that has higher dps and higher life - then yes there is.

However, there is more to a build than just life and dps. There are other perks/factors such as frenzy charges etc that make a build. And because of that reason alone, if you want a build to have the same exact perks and yet have a higher dps and life, then the answer is no, the scion is not better because the life in the shadow version of the build isn't high enough to make the scion version worth it.
Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info