What builds are actually better off not starting from the Scion?

Are there any non-mara/duelist/attack-based templar (these 3 class/builds already have easy access into the circle of life anyway) builds around? I am extremely interested to know.

I keep hearing about how it's a waste of nodes to start from a scion instead of another class but haven't yet been provided with any concrete examples.

Post your builds and I'll see if I can't plan a version of it that would be better off starting from a Scion!

Any shadow/witch builds, especially life-based casters in particular would be interesting.

No 'interesting oddball' builds pls. :p

Plan as you would for a 1 week race or a HC/Nem build

Would appreciate it if you could keep your input here to builds alone and redirect tree improvements suggestions to: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/770018

Some posts which pretty much sum up the strengths of the scion
(just in case you didn't want to read through the entire thread)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Feb 12, 2014, 7:24:58 AM
Consider a Spectral Throw build as Scion. Where do you start branching out from the center? Pretty much all of those first few nodes are very poor. Using other classes you can branch out while at the same time taking strong nodes.
"
AveiMil wrote:
Consider a Spectral Throw build as Scion. Where do you start branching out from the center? Pretty much all of those first few nodes are very poor. Using other classes you can branch out while at the same time taking strong nodes.

It's interesting you mention that, because it seems like most spectral throwers are actually scions. With the exception of maras and duelists who all branch into the circle of life anyway, it's hard to imagine any other class being able to outclass/match scion in that aspect
Build of the Week 14
I have to imagine that most CI Crit builds would be better off starting as a Shadow or Witch than Scion.

I don't have much experience with Witch, but having done both a CI crit caster and CI crit claw reave build with Shadow, starting with Scion seems like a huge waste of nodes getting to the good Crit nodes.
"
I have to imagine that most CI Crit builds would be better off starting as a Shadow or Witch than Scion.

I don't have much experience with Witch, but having done both a CI crit caster and CI crit claw reave build with Shadow, starting with Scion seems like a huge waste of nodes getting to the good Crit nodes.

Give me an example tree that I can work with and see if that's the case :p
Build of the Week 14
marauder or ranger is superior to scion for non aura based bow builds.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Invalesco wrote:
"

My thread has both CI and life based crit trappers:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/764426

Also Rangers work pretty well with ST
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Jan 24, 2014, 4:01:50 PM
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
AveiMil wrote:

It's interesting you mention that, because it seems like most spectral throwers are actually scions. With the exception of maras and duelists who all branch into the circle of life anyway, it's hard to imagine any other class being able to outclass/match scion in that aspect

It's not relevant whether or not most Spectral Throw users are Scion's when it comes to point efficiency.
"
Invalesco wrote:
Awww...

Not sure if Ondar's is worth it yet. Once I get Acro I'll decide if it's good enough to spec some more damage or if I'll need it.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Last edited by SilentOppressor on Jan 24, 2014, 4:20:10 PM
"
Kenzorz wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:
"

My thread has both CI and life based crit trappers:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/764426

Also Rangers work pretty well with ST

Scion version of your level 80 CI build:

Higher ES, much higher DPS, just slightly reduced mana, but there are way more useful nodes in closer proximity as you level as compared to shadow version.

Scion version of your 112 points lifer version

Higher life, higher DPS, higher mana, much higher mana regen, life regen, more useful nodes as you level. Scion beats this hands down, doubtless coz of the circle of life.

"
"
Invalesco wrote:
Awww...

Not sure if Ondar's is worth it yet. Once I get Acro I'll decide if it's good enough to spec some more damage or if I'll need it.

lol yolo build!
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Jan 24, 2014, 4:35:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info