Are mods being overly strict now?

"

So far as I am aware, GGG has employed no such tactics in defending themselves on the forums, and I am 100% positive that it would not be legal if they were to do so.

Exactly, as far as you're aware. Why do you think charanjaydemyr is so pro POE all the time?
Poor guy doesn't even have kneecaps anymore, HE CAN'T RUN AWAY.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"

So far as I am aware, GGG has employed no such tactics in defending themselves on the forums, and I am 100% positive that it would not be legal if they were to do so.

Exactly, as far as you're aware. Why do you think charanjaydemyr is so pro POE all the time?
Poor guy doesn't even have kneecaps anymore, HE CAN'T RUN AWAY.

So they took the poor guy's twelve grand, AND smashed his kneecaps...dear god.

But seriously, the only way I could see the Gestapo comment being remotely relevant to this situation is if GGG decided to spawn 30 rogue exiles to hell camp you into town every time you posted a dissenting opinion on the forum.

Actually...that's a hilarious idea, and I approve of it, simply because it would be the best troll by a game company...ever.
"
So they took the poor guy's twelve grand, AND smashed his kneecaps...dear god.

But seriously, the only way I could see the Gestapo comment being remotely relevant to this situation is if GGG decided to spawn 30 rogue exiles to hell camp you into town every time you posted a dissenting opinion on the forum.

Actually...that's a hilarious idea, and I approve of it, simply because it would be the best troll by a game company...ever.

But 30 exiles would drop a lot of loot. The game would become troll2win!
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Less censorship - more probation time. Let other people see for what shit you get a 30 day probation and nuke in only very hard cases.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
ToxicRatt wrote:
Calling something retarded is about the most offensive thing one can do.

I'd rather be called a retard than raped/murdered. Maybe step back and get some perspective. It's not even in the top 1000 for me.
If you want forums without moderation /v/ is ------> that way
"
bluefalcon74 wrote:
"
ToxicRatt wrote:
Calling something retarded is about the most offensive thing one can do.

I'd rather be called a retard than raped/murdered. Maybe step back and get some perspective. It's not even in the top 1000 for me.

I absolutely have to agree with this. When I see people getting all self-righteous and butthurt over any specific word, I just can't help but shake my head in disappointment. Have we really fallen that far as a species that getting called the non-PC equivalent of "dumbass" is the thing people fear most? Really?
[Removed by Admin]
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Jan 25, 2014, 3:27:38 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks so much for your feedback about the forums. I think in summary the feedback is as follows:

- Remove General Discussion from the drop down menu
- Players feel that moderation actions could be more consistent
- Some feel that probation durations should match the post and not the post history
- Suggested 'Flame Forum' or 'Moderation free zone'

If there's anything I've missed, or you have any further suggestions please let me know!

In the meantime, please do not contribute to the derailment of this thread with hostile/off topic arguments. The feedback so far has been really interesting and I would be loath to close the thread.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

- Some feel that probation durations should match the post and not the post history

I am very glad you read my feedback.
edit: I am sure you meant probation history. It's not the same.
http://wideo.co/view/449781379368063514-inexs-journey-for-the-8-stars (Music: Odd Look)
I am the guy behind price check forums yay: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387787 (i think.)
"Seriously, its a loot game, make the loot DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers"_TugBot_
Last edited by INEXFadeXFHONOR on Jan 25, 2014, 3:51:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info