Are mods being overly strict now?

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks so much for your feedback about the forums. I think in summary the feedback is as follows:

- Remove General Discussion from the drop down menu
- Players feel that moderation actions could be more consistent
- Some feel that probation durations should match the post and not the post history
- Suggested 'Flame Forum' or 'Moderation free zone'

If there's anything I've missed, or you have any further suggestions please let me know!

In the meantime, please do not contribute to the derailment of this thread with hostile/off topic arguments. The feedback so far has been really interesting and I would be loath to close the thread.

Just wanted to say thanks Bex, havent seen a dev take the time to participate in a thread this way in months.

"just for try, for see and for know"
I have posted my feedback and suggestions concerning the forums here.
I've seen people travel east, I've seen them go west.
Never have I seen so many monsters.
"
boof wrote:
Yes, [Removed by Admin]
Treating the posting population like children only breeds resentment and even more hostility.
They really don't know what they're doing.

I can't tell if that's a joke to prove your point, or if it actually happened that fast, thus proving the OP's, lol.

But agreed with the overmoderation negatives, it really does seem ridiculous sometimes...

We're in a game with holocaust settings and yet colorful language is inappropriate?

Doesn't make sense GGG. AFAIK we're all adults here ;P.

VI
Last edited by ConanTheGamebarian on Jan 25, 2014, 3:59:40 PM
"
"
boof wrote:
Yes, [Removed by Admin]
Treating the posting population like children only breeds resentment and even more hostility.
They really don't know what they're doing.

I can't tell if that's a joke to prove your point, or if it actually happened that fast, thus proving the OP's, lol.

But agreed with the overmoderation negatives, it really does seem ridiculous sometimes...

We're in a game with holocaust settings and yet colorful language is inappropriate?

Doesn't make sense GGG. AFAIK we're all adults here ;P.

I have yet to be moderated unless tangled up in a massive argument, where the whole thing ends up getting deleted. Let's just say that colorful is often an understatement for some of the language I toss around. Words here don't appear to be blindly moderated or filtered, as they are on many gaming forums. They only appear to be removed when directed squarely at another person. I've called many a thing "retarded", "fucking stupid", etc., and no moderation was to be had. However, if I'd have called the person proposing such things my choice of words, it probably would have been removed.

The quote that you chose was pretty blatantly directed at the person who he was talking to, and not the conversation itself.

To put it in the best way I can possibly think: ad hominem attacks only serve to make the person spouting them look like a total chucklefuck, and are best avoided. Slam an idea or a process all you want, and in whatever way you so choose. But to direct it at the person just looks stupid. Hell...have you ever watched heated political debates before? They like to call it "mudslinging". I like to call it retarded. /shrug
"
They only appear to be removed when directed squarely at another person.

Then how do you explain my OP?
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"

Absolutely zero consistency in moderation.
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
iamstryker wrote:
"

Yeah, that's a new one on me. It would appear that there is an element of discretion allowed between mods, and it could be that my posts never fell under the eyes of one who viewed any such use of the word as being worthy of moderation.

To be honest, if they're going to allow such behavior by the moderators, then they should just go ahead and put in the filtering system and cut some of their mods loose. It would certainly save them some man hours.
Last edited by Gallowmere1984 on Jan 25, 2014, 4:51:29 PM
No. More please.
We tested it extensively
THX Bex for showing the community that GGG tag next to a thread is something else than "Please remain on topic and refrain from antagonizing other players."
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks so much for your feedback about the forums. I think in summary the feedback is as follows:

- Remove General Discussion from the drop down menu
- Players feel that moderation actions could be more consistent
- Some feel that probation durations should match the post and not the post history
- Suggested 'Flame Forum' or 'Moderation free zone'

If there's anything I've missed, or you have any further suggestions please let me know!

In the meantime, please do not contribute to the derailment of this thread with hostile/off topic arguments. The feedback so far has been really interesting and I would be loath to close the thread.

That's a pretty good summary and I am glad you are taking your time to read through, but that there is one major aspect that I mentioned before that isn't that summary and is actually bothering a significant amount of people:

The fact that "negative" trade feedback is forbidden due to the "no name and shaming" policy. This means that the "no name and shaming" is in combat against what customers usually think is an important right: to give proper feedback about a product or service.

This makes so that a thread will only contain positive or neutral feedback, which is a biased self-selection, as long as someone keeps reporting the "negative feedback". Because then GGG will warn/probate those leaving "negative feedback" with the "no name and shaming" policy as reason.

It is ridiculous, and I hope you can see it. A shop owner, should be able to handle both positive, neutral and negative feedback when he opens a shop.
-----------------

I get that you are fearing that people will lie and that will cause a witch hunt based on a lie: but I think that you should expect people to not care about what other people have derived based on zero proof.

In real life, it isn't that simple, because a lie can affect your work and family, but this is just a game. It won't affect your work or family.

To sacrifice the important customer right to give "negative feedback" about a product or service, because of the fear that someone will lie, is not strong enough, because the consequences of such lies is so small because it is just a game.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info