Mace/Shield LS Templar with Video and writeup(Written for New Players)

"
Optimoos wrote:
Also, I noticed you didn't take three "+30% ES from equipped shield" nodes that are readily available. The language is almost clear, but could be interpreted different ways, so is this only a buff to ES values on the shield itself, or total ES? If it's total ES, seems like it'd be an easy call to take them, but I'm guessing that's not how it works.

I'm pretty sure Armour reduction applies first. I saw a post somewhere that outlined like this:

Evasion -> Dodge -> Block -> Mitigation from Armour + Resists -> Energy Shield -> HP

This make sense because each next step is progressively worse for you, starting with Block, because Blocking causes a small animation that interrupts what you were doing / stops you from moving sort of like being stunned, whereas Evasion / Dodge do not. So if you were going to Evade / Dodge you would absolutely want that to apply first before any of these other defenses.

For the 30% ES from shields x3:

I dropped those from my elecrit scepter tri-element build also, because the language seems pretty clear they they just boost the stat gain from one specific piece of equipment, not your total. +30% TOTAL ES from a tiny node like that, and 3x of them? Way too good to be true. Though I sort of feel that way about Shield Elemental Resist nodes (+15% res all while holding a shield, 2 of them right next to each other) XD It is like 2 Diamond Skins that just require you to hold a shield to work, and even better, you get 12% chance to block spells with your shield right next to them. Hell yeah :D
Last edited by EmeraldWitch on Feb 1, 2013, 12:27:38 PM
I played around with one of the RT builds that I thought looked extremely promising.

I added a bunch and ended up using all 111 skill points (may not be ideal) but I figured I'd share it and at least see what you guys think.

Templar Build

I also wrote down (assuming my math is correct) the % of increases you'd get as I find it helps me figure out what I'm really getting in a build.

Templar Build

Passive Bonuses (Based on 111 skill points)

Health - 206% boost
Shield Block - 22%
Shield Defense - 65%
Block Recovery Rate - 50% faster
Resistances - 78% + 5% to all maximum
Reduced Mana Reservation - 10%
Reducted Mana Cost - 17%
Aura Area of effect - 10%
Increased Effect on Buffs - 30%
Shock duration - 45%
Chance to shock - 20%
Mana Regeneration Rate - 60%
Increased Armour% - 104%
Increased ES% - 104$%
Cast Speed - 6%
Health Regeneration - 1%
Melee Damage - 102%
Elemental Damage - 90%

I had to pull Grip from this build to give it extra health and shield bonuses but I don't think it affects the overall build that much. Anyway, I've been looking at this build for a few days and I finally feel like I'm getting close to the right set of passives.
Last edited by Sarriss on Feb 1, 2013, 3:08:44 PM
Men you help me :D THX FOr this fucking awesome BUILD <3

[PS WTB 30 orbs of regret ! ]
Last edited by CoCo_Jumbo on Feb 1, 2013, 6:25:09 PM
"
"
Cyrisus wrote:
So far I'm surviving in hardcore, I might need some tips on my item choices though.

Nice gear! I love your skill picks :) I think I might trade out Ground Slam for Leap Slam though if I could. Need a way to move out of danger quickly. Not sure I'd keep Heavy Strike either since depending on your nodes you might have +91% elemental damage fairly early in your build even without a Scepter. Just pick up Elemental Vulnerability curse and you're good to go. I imagine even monsters that "resist all" don't resist enough to take more damage from Heavy Strike than Infernal Blow / Glacial Hammer when cursed, since they still do 50% physical damage anyway.

The only way I could see your gear being better is if you could get 4 linked red slots on one item for that Weapon Elemental Damage gem, then put all 3 of your elemental melee attacks with it. You might want to consider replacing that added fire damage gem with Lightning Strike or Glacial Hammer unless you've got a bunch of +fire damage talents specifically.

Thanks! :> I already have shield charge for an escape mechanism though, so I won't need leap slam. I might follow your suggestions on replacing heavy strike.
Which bandits bonus should i recieve with the ele crit build?
"
Sarriss wrote:
I played around with one of the RT builds that I thought looked extremely promising.

I added a bunch and ended up using all 111 skill points (may not be ideal) but I figured I'd share it and at least see what you guys think.

Templar Build

I also wrote down (assuming my math is correct) the % of increases you'd get as I find it helps me figure out what I'm really getting in a build.

Templar Build

Passive Bonuses (Based on 111 skill points)

Health - 206% boost
Shield Block - 22%
Shield Defense - 65%
Block Recovery Rate - 50% faster
Resistances - 78% + 5% to all maximum
Reduced Mana Reservation - 10%
Reducted Mana Cost - 17%
Aura Area of effect - 10%
Increased Effect on Buffs - 30%
Shock duration - 45%
Chance to shock - 20%
Mana Regeneration Rate - 60%
Increased Armour% - 104%
Increased ES% - 104$%
Cast Speed - 6%
Health Regeneration - 1%
Melee Damage - 102%
Elemental Damage - 90%

I had to pull Grip from this build to give it extra health and shield bonuses but I don't think it affects the overall build that much. Anyway, I've been looking at this build for a few days and I finally feel like I'm getting close to the right set of passives.

You know I really do like that, looking between the marauder tree and all of those health nodes, it seems to make sense to take them instead. What do others think about this? I'm going to update OP to include this option.
Healthygamer, what do you think about my current equipment?
Last edited by Cyrisus on Feb 2, 2013, 12:22:26 PM
very nice, how about DPS ? ARMOUR? your lv?
great build im gonna try it out thanks a lot for this!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info