New Trading System IN MARCH 2014?!

I want to read more about having hot showers together.
An "auction house" style trading system could work very well if they limit the amount of selling/buying for each account. (Example- You are limited to selling 10 items a week, and purchasing 5 items a week). Trading orbs/currency would have no limits, only gear.

This would actually allow people to buy/sell items and would limit inflation. It would eliminate the AH from being crowded with junk. It would force sellers to strategically sell items, instead of just flooding the market with crap, and would force buyers to pick what they purchase very carefully. This could also eliminate "flippers" who simply increase prices to astronomical levels...essentially pricing out newer players.

An AH with limits keeps the "trading game" fun, and keeps the economy stable.
please also give us an app for trading for android and ios, like blizzard did for wow, that would make the game perfect for trading!
"
Stellin23 wrote:
An "auction house" style trading system could work very well if they limit the amount of selling/buying for each account. (Example- You are limited to selling 10 items a week, and purchasing 5 items a week). Trading orbs/currency would have no limits, only gear.

This would actually allow people to buy/sell items and would limit inflation. It would eliminate the AH from being crowded with junk. It would force sellers to strategically sell items, instead of just flooding the market with crap, and would force buyers to pick what they purchase very carefully. This could also eliminate "flippers" who simply increase prices to astronomical levels...essentially pricing out newer players.

An AH with limits keeps the "trading game" fun, and keeps the economy stable.

Accounts are free to create, and there's no limit on how many accounts a single person can have. I like your thinking, but it would still get exploited pretty heavily. Granted, people will find a way to exploit anything, but I'm liking the idea of this new method quite a bit already.
Look, man. Video games are hard, okay?
"
It's a sad day when common courtesy is confused for groveling, dude. I was merely pointing out the lack of manners in asking the lead dev a question (and I'm sure you know how busy Chris is, right?), getting a decent response and then not even acknowledging it.

A lot of players acknowledged Chriss his answer and welcomed it with open arms. I would say equally as much as the people who did not appreciate the answer to the op's question.

Where they rude, or did they just not agree with what was formulated in the answer Chriss provided?

Personally most "negative" responses, if you can in fact call them that(i think not), where about the message itself and the info it presented, not about the fact Chriss answered to a thread in his own forums.

And on that subject, GGG themselves hold the key's to clean out the forums if so decided. This does not give them a "reason" to prefer posting/communicating on a different forum.

And i find that stance on that subject laughable at best. I would think somebody as intelligent as Chriss, with his levels of "troll mastery" can see true 99.9% of the troll post's without ever feeling insulted by any of them.

But calling the current forums toxicity an excuse for not posting here, really makes no sense at all. When they are responsible for this state.

Charan it's like you expect the current community, as large as it is, to all agree on the direction the game is heading, and then have this represented in a peaceful forum state.
It's wishful thinking and a distortion of reality as we know it, at best.

People are perfectly capable of disagreeing on the current/future game state, on a forum that is suppose to be for "general discussion" both opinions should mater to the dev's. Both the opinion of the sub-group commonly referred to as "trolls" as well as the sub-group called "fan-boys" not to mention all those in between these groups.
However, none of these opinions should have any impact on the direction GGG wishes to take there game, which is currently the case. And i like that. (this might sound negative, but it is not, the game would be far to unstable if every single opinion presented by the community would have impact on the ultimate direction of the game)

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
ReZar wrote:
Have played forever... not traded once yet.

I've traded a few times, mostly more than one of gems i dont use for something i need or will use....
Anger fuels motion. Motion fuels momentum. Momentum fuels progress......DO SOMETHING.
Quite surprised this thread would receive an official response, what with the sheer number of the same exact thing popping up recently and the relatively low-quality of writing / point making in the OP.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing and hopefully means they are taking notice of the mounting frustration with the current state of the trade system... although the actual response is in essence about as vague and devoid of new information as could be.

Only more questions come to mind:

Searching
Will the new system include a tool to search within specific criteria for items, replicating what indexing sites have done, or will players still have to rely on third-party websites for this tool? Worse even, will these third party tools even still function, or will players have to wade through endless seas of Rustic Sashes to find the correct one for them as was the case before indexing sites arrived?

Buyouts
While I respect the no-buyout plan for the new system, will that new system disallow players adding buyouts to their items on third-party websites also? If not, my intuition is that most people would still rely heavily on third-party for fast, hassle(haggle)-free trading as is prevalent currently.

Limitations
Will players be limited in the number of stash tabs dedicated to trading? There are many ways of doing trade - some players will concentrate only on top-quality items and the occasional big payoff sale, while some prefer to liquidate large amounts of mid-tier stuff for small amounts at a time. Putting a limit on stash tabs to be made "public" is forcing traders into a specific mold - is this the current plan?

Asynchronism
The concept of not having to log on or be in front of the website at the same time as the other player is appealing, but somewhat counter-intuitive. My brain is oozing questions... for instance, if I accept someone's price on an item and click OK to send my currency, but they decide to not be online for a week, what happens to my currency? If I make offers on three different versions of the same unique then log off for a week, and two people accept my offers while I'm away, am I buying both?

Trade threads
I love my trade thread. I've put a lot (a LOT: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/546686) of work into it, and still maintain it as would any good shopkeep. I regularly get compliments on the OCD'ess-ness of the thing, and people (surprisingly often) come back as repeat customers because of it. I'm not trying to brag here, but the question is: will I still be able to keep my trade thread as it is and put in love to have a "unique" type of shop, or will I be forced into a samey-samey predetermined layout and format for my storefront?

Communication
If trade is possible without logging on to the game, will players have to use the current abysmal PM system on the website to barter, or will a new communication tool be put in place?

So many more... let's keep it short and readable for now.
Get at me in game @Jyyn

Do you like feedback? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/355307/page/1
The people saying no buyout will ruin the new trade system are a little naive. If they had a buyout it would end up like D3 whereby the only people getting bargains would be automated scripts that can scan and buy items in milliseconds.
Dear GGG,

I reach endgame maps in about 10 hours. I was wondering if there was any way you could speed up the process? Currently, trading requires me to play for a minimum of 90 minutes before I can start flipping/scamming. This is unacceptable.

What kind of game requires people to play it for an hour and a half, before walking away with top-tier loot?

Please make sure trading for a cakewalk experience is not only encouraged, but mandatory, and ensure that playing self-found is discouraged and ridiculed.

Signed,
I/h4te-pl4y1ng\games-420puffpuff~Vegeta
"
boredsilly wrote:
The people saying no buyout will ruin the new trade system are a little naive. If they had a buyout it would end up like D3 whereby the only people getting bargains would be automated scripts that can scan and buy items in milliseconds.

I price everything with a buyout in my shop and I sell plenty of stuff with practically no communication. Its always "I'd like to buy x item", so I invite them and we trade. No need for offers, what I want is known the minute they find my item. I also will undercut people with similar items, just like on an Auction house.

The no new trade system in March is the biggest disappoint I could get from this game. I thought it would be in release. Four months later and it still won't be ready? I care more about the trade system than desync. They want trading to be an important part of the game yet it is the most horrible part of the game. I do everything I can to minimize the trading interactions down to a mere "invite, trade, leave".

ign: Vixien

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info