New Trading System IN MARCH 2014?!

"
Hunwulf wrote:
"
"
BronusMendes wrote:
AH does not work, it is very easy to flippers. And normal player never can do good trades.
Diablo 3 show me how hard is to buy good stuff.

You are actually 100% wrong. The opposite is true. The current system is what allows flippers to thrive. An AH would reduce their numbers and their ability to control the market by a large degree. Look up efficient market hypothesis and keep reading it until it sinks in, so you don't post your ignorant 100% backwards views again.

That bolded is true - they will be replaced with more efficient sniper bots.
Thank god, there will never be an AH in PoE.

There wouldn't be any sniper bots because there wouldn't be any under priced items to snipe (excepting items that were priced by players that were desperate to liquidate their assets quickly at a loss). An auction house provides clear and transparent prices of other identical and similar items on one shared platform.

Here I'll bold the part you had trouble understanding:

You are actually 100% wrong. The opposite is true. The current system is what allows flippers to thrive. An AH would reduce their numbers and their ability to control the market by a large degree. Look up efficient market hypothesis and keep reading it until it sinks in, so you don't post your ignorant 100% backwards views again.

Wait a second, that doesn't quite cover it. Here is every part you didn't understand:

I'm glad I could help =)
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Jan 25, 2016, 11:20:54 AM
The reason you think others are 100% wrong is that they're thinking of a 100% different thing when they say "auction house". Most use the term when they're actually thinking of a consignment shop. The two are radically different.

I'm more in favor of a Bazaar where traders can go and set up their shops. I was hoping that the hideouts would be this way... where you could put your "Open" sign up and people come come and go and see what you had to sell, but trades would be handled one on one.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The reason you think others are 100% wrong is that they're thinking of a 100% different thing when they say "auction house". Most use the term when they're actually thinking of a consignment shop. The two are radically different.

I'm more in favor of a Bazaar where traders can go and set up their shops. I was hoping that the hideouts would be this way... where you could put your "Open" sign up and people come come and go and see what you had to sell, but trades would be handled one on one.

I am talking just as much about a traditional WoW AH as I am the runescape grand exchange, or a unified platform to put items up for offers without buyouts (so long as all offers on all items can be viewed).

The way flippers actually operate is by taking advantage of superior information and lack of transparency in the market. For instance, currently trade is separated between a 3rd party website, the noticeboard, and multiple trade chat channels. This makes it hard for the average player to know if he is getting the best deal, regardless of if he is buying or selling. Flippers take advantage of the unaware by having a better knowledge of the current prices. This is either gained by playing the trade game longer, knowing the right people who will always buy a certain item or currency for a set price, having a personal indexer, or just keeping track of prices over time in a spreadsheet. There are many other ways, but you get the idea.

Basically flippers operate in the dark spots of the average player's knowledge. An AH, and especially a runescape style AH drastically reduces the size of the dark spots of the average player. Joe Trader has better information about current and historic selling price, along with the advantage of having all buying and selling happening at one place (instead of 3 like poe currently has). This lowers the information differential between the trade prince elite and Joe Trader, making it harder for the princes to take advantage of Joe.

The funny thing is that all the AH chicken littles have to be Joe Traders or even non-traders. By irrationally hating AHs they pretty much scream out that they don't know much about economics. Hindering flippers is just one of the many benefits that an AH provides. The only valid criticism I have seen of auction houses is that they would make gearing up both cheaper and easier, and I personally can't see how that is a bad thing for anyone else but GGG.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Jan 25, 2016, 1:14:57 PM
The "average player" doesn't deserve the "best deal". He's not spending time or effort to get it. He pays the costs of convenience by selling an item for less than its worth or for buying an item for more than its worth.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Nothing.

The only issue at hand is what system would be the most fun.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The "average player" doesn't deserve the "best deal". He's not spending time or effort to get it. He pays the costs of convenience by selling an item for less than its worth or for buying an item for more than its worth.

Nothing wrong with it except that they function as convenient middlemen at best and heartless vultures at worst, oh and that the current system is not beneficial to the majority of players.

It also allows a small collection of players to control the vast majority of wealth, while the average player only has a few ex to their name.

I wonder if you have the same view in the real world? Nothing wrong with the richest 62 people controlling as much wealth as the bottom 50% is there? Maybe just maybe the best system is the one that benefits the most people. An AH benefits the most people. Even if many AH detractors don't know it.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Jan 25, 2016, 1:50:07 PM
You're taking this way too seriously if you think my views on this have any basis of comparison to real life issues. I know the difference. Seems like a rarity on this forum.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

So being a nolifer is considered being skilled in POE. Got it.

Honestly, I cant imagine any other gaming community where 3rd party apps where you have to give your login info would be tolerated for 3+ years in order to be able to enjoy the game.
ign: klavesnica
Wooo trade improvements FINALLY. 2 YEARS for this UPDATE LOL

"
Chris wrote:
The new trading changes aren't in the March 1.1.0 patch - there are two reasons:
a) We're keen to deploy them as soon as they're ready. There's no real need to wait for the next four-monthly patch.
b) The new trading stuff is not ready yet. It's a major system overhaul and we're still working on it. I'm really sorry about the delay.

As for how it works, the current plan is a combination of public stash tabs (to make it easier to find items) and separately, an asynchronous cross-instance-website trading system. You can basically trade (without buyouts) across the game and website. The trades and offers are still there when you log in later, so it's possible to trade with offline people or people who aren't in your game area or are on their phone or work PC.
Last edited by banes312 on Mar 1, 2016, 11:06:52 PM
Yes, and they are imo on the right way with that.

"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

HABBENIGZ?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info