Zeno's MF Righteous Fire 1.0.6

"
Aramatheis wrote:
Hi

I'm levelling a Marauder with some 2H mauls at the moment, and I was just wondering when would be the best time to make the switch to RF?

thanks!

As soon as you can wear Phoenix shield. Or at least thats how i did it. I had like 16-17 lvl Purity of Fire and lvl 20 vitality. I degened some hp, but with ruby flasks that wasnt a problem. Switching to RF as soon as possible made huge difference to my clear speed and experience gain. 1-65 levels were sooo boring and hard (cuz my build sucked, but anyways) and after 65 leveling was like dancing on flowers :)
Great build, running piety pretty smooth with 250 IIR 98 IIQ on cull.

Only problem i see is when swapping to cull, my res goes to shit without the aurumvorax, which can get a bit scary if Piety goes blastoff with ball + lightning at the moment i cull. Dont really have room for a topaz flask.

Wondering how important the fire +hp regen tree is for damage. Currently using the aura circle to get grace + 1% extra fire res with lvl 20 purity. Have positive regen, but since i stopped using redbeaks to instead cull, the damage has dropped quite a bit, which is a pain on piety (~20+ seconds to kill, always teles and arrows)

Gear
Last edited by vtspoe on Feb 21, 2014, 5:03:36 AM
"

Only problem i see is when swapping to cull, my res goes to shit without the aurumvorax, which can get a bit scary if Piety goes blastoff with ball + lightning at the moment i cull. Dont really have room for a topaz flask.

Wondering how important the fire +hp regen tree is for damage. Currently using the aura circle to get grace + 1% extra fire res with lvl 20 purity. Have positive regen, but since i stopped using redbeaks to instead cull, the damage has dropped quite a bit, which is a pain on piety (~20+ seconds to kill, always teles and arrows)

Gear

Why you're not using another Chest with Life and good Resistances and using the Carcass just for casting RF? You can get the missing Resistances, if you use another one.

And instead of Reapers Pursuit im using 1 Rebeak + Wheel of the Stormsail for more damage. Well, i dont have Culling Strike, but more Damage. Dont know whats better.
"

Gear

Items look good, but your ele weakness isn't very high. When that levels higher you will notice an increase in damage i would wager. What is your HP at? If your HP is a bit low due to lower level or low Life nodes in the tree you won't do nearly as much damage.

Another thing that might help is to get a flask with + resistances on it that you can pop when you cull, this can help a lot.

I also noticed you run molten shell. While i used to do this i found it to be quite dangerous. If you weapon swap and molten shell goes off, it will cull piety.

An option is to wait until piety has JUST transformed back to normal before culling, she usually waits several seconds before casting anything.

"
Why you're not using another Chest with Life and good Resistances and using the Carcass just for casting RF? You can get the missing Resistances, if you use another one.

And instead of Reapers Pursuit im using 1 Rebeak + Wheel of the Stormsail for more damage. Well, i dont have Culling Strike, but more Damage. Dont know whats better.

Using another chest after casting RF also means leaving 8 slots in your bag full 100% of the time which can slow down runs by a decent bit. Stormsail is good, but the lack of culling can get a little dangerous sometimes since you need to use RF to do damage while you are in weapon swap.
"
Nahkalaukku wrote:
"
Aramatheis wrote:
Hi

As soon as you can wear Phoenix shield. Or at least thats how i did it. I had like 16-17 lvl Purity of Fire and lvl 20 vitality. I degened some hp, but with ruby flasks that wasnt a problem. Switching to RF as soon as possible made huge difference to my clear speed and experience gain. 1-65 levels were sooo boring and hard (cuz my build sucked, but anyways) and after 65 leveling was like dancing on flowers :)

Sounds good! Luckily for me my main is a 2H Grounslammer/Heavy Striker so I already have a solid item base for levelling the new marauder, so it shouldn't take very long.

thank you for the response!
And also, next patch, i believe you wont be able to snapshot anymore. So why bother to do it now. If it doesnt work fine now, we may as well go for another spec ! ^^
But I think with enought skill points, the build works fine for its purpose : mfing.
"
Aramatheis wrote:
Hi

Sounds good! Luckily for me my main is a 2H Grounslammer/Heavy Striker so I already have a solid item base for levelling the new marauder, so it shouldn't take very long.

thank you for the response!

Leveling with ground slam is imo the best way unless you have a decent roll facebreakers and some good flat phys gear to level with

"
nolife4you wrote:
And also, next patch, i believe you wont be able to snapshot anymore. So why bother to do it now. If it doesnt work fine now, we may as well go for another spec ! ^^
But I think with enought skill points, the build works fine for its purpose : mfing.

Maybe it'll work, maybe not. Either way i think RF is very strong for mapping and MFing without the need to snapshot so removing it won't make a huge difference.

Kill it in 3 seconds, kill it in 5. Doesn't make much of a difference.
Last edited by Zeno666 on Feb 21, 2014, 8:26:40 PM
I just hope they don't nerf it to the ground with 1.1, cause I'm REALLY enjoying this build! I don't care about PvP, just let me deal dmg and get some decent loot at the same time :)
1H+Shield High Block&Spell Block Tank: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995
Ice Crash Crit Staff AKA "The Shaterring Karui": https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1289037
Tanky Block+AR+EV Ranger Crit Reave Dagger/Claw: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1301888
Hey, I'm really liking your build so far. I'm having some troubles farming Piety consistently though. Even with snapshotting, I have problems killing her in less than a minute, since here ice form does a lot of damage, and her lightning attacks do too. How did you handle it it with your non-capped resists? I'll link my gear and passive tree if you want to take a look

Gear

Flasks

"
DustyLenz wrote:
Hey, I'm really liking your build so far. I'm having some troubles farming Piety consistently though. Even with snapshotting, I have problems killing her in less than a minute, since here ice form does a lot of damage, and her lightning attacks do too. How did you handle it it with your non-capped resists? I'll link my gear and passive tree if you want to take a look

Gear

Flasks

You can try rolling dispel shocked on a flask to help out against her lightning form. The less times piety goes into her ice form, the better. I use flameblast - conc effect - blood magic to destroy the ice portals during the fight, it speeds up the fight immensely imo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info