Zeno's MF Righteous Fire 1.0.6

Oh man, it really does sound incredibly tedious!

Thanks again for the detailed answer! At the moment, I don't use any other weapons except aurum and phoenix, still not sure if getting reaper's is worth it. Might try the redbeaks snapshotting though, now that I know how it works. Plus, it's cheap.

I wasn't aware this build was primarily for soloing. Why use culling then at all? Why not simply link IIR gem (no IIQ cause I'm on domination) to my RF and don't bother with culling? Also, related to soloing, is that really worth it, since the overall quantity of items is significantly lower than when playing in a party? I think I might try the spectral throw culling just so I can play in a party.

Last mechanics question: you can't link life leech to RF, right? :D if you could, I suppose every guide would include it anyway already.
1H+Shield High Block&Spell Block Tank: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995
Ice Crash Crit Staff AKA "The Shaterring Karui": https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1289037
Tanky Block+AR+EV Ranger Crit Reave Dagger/Claw: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1301888
"
Mankrik147 wrote:

Your build has 24% more max life, mine has 80% increased burning damage. The only difference I can think of is that the increased effect of auras might be a damage boost to righteous fire? But everybody seems to say no.

Your whole post was on point, and that tree is pretty nice as well.

I used the aura effect nodes mostly early on to help with regen from Vit and extra Armor from grace, but i ended up liking it as it is and left them.

Also, thank you so much for going so far as to answer questions in the thread about RF in general, i really appreciate it.

Edit: whoops forgot to mention killspeed. I'm not sure why you might be killing slower, do you have a 20Q ele weakness? it makes a large difference as far as resists go. Sadly i don't have any videos to show as i discontinued that build because i got bored. If you could link your gear/gemsetups to me i can look and see were the differences may be.
Last edited by Zeno666 on Feb 8, 2014, 10:00:14 AM
"
ComradeSerge wrote:
Oh man, it really does sound incredibly tedious!

Thanks again for the detailed answer! At the moment, I don't use any other weapons except aurum and phoenix, still not sure if getting reaper's is worth it. Might try the redbeaks snapshotting though, now that I know how it works. Plus, it's cheap.

I wasn't aware this build was primarily for soloing. Why use culling then at all? Why not simply link IIR gem (no IIQ cause I'm on domination) to my RF and don't bother with culling? Also, related to soloing, is that really worth it, since the overall quantity of items is significantly lower than when playing in a party? I think I might try the spectral throw culling just so I can play in a party.

Last mechanics question: you can't link life leech to RF, right? :D if you could, I suppose every guide would include it anyway already.

I used the culling just because of reapers basically, free 38% rarity and when i swap i don't have -20 from auromvorax.

You could easily link IIR/IIQ to your other gems but that would require a 5 or 6 link. This build is great because you only need a 4 link chest for it to work well. More links obviously make it better, but if you don't mind weapon swapping ti works just as well.

I often DID farm in a party when people wanted to and they would just stop hitting dom/piety/map boss when they got low enough to cull but the build is also great solo because lightning warp is really fast.

And no you can't link leech to RF, RF doesn't actually "hit", it just degens the health away, leech gems (and many others like fire penetration) require an actual spell/attack to hit before it takes effect.
Thanks a lot for the help!

Enjoying the build so far:
from one 66 tropical island blue map run :) notice the almost perfect roll on maelstrom.
1H+Shield High Block&Spell Block Tank: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995
Ice Crash Crit Staff AKA "The Shaterring Karui": https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1289037
Tanky Block+AR+EV Ranger Crit Reave Dagger/Claw: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1301888
Last edited by ComradeSerge on Feb 8, 2014, 12:38:53 PM
"
ComradeSerge wrote:
Thanks a lot for the help!

Enjoying the build so far:
from one 66 tropical island blue map run :) notice the almost perfect roll on maelstrom.

gg man! May it be the first of many good drops for you.
I figured out what some of the difference is, I think. I was disregarding the fact that carcass jack provides an abnormally high pseudo-health boost in the form of ES. So when I swapped gear, I was losing a chunk of ES and the health from the two points I spent, which is a not-insignificant difference. I'm also now snapshotting with two rings instead of redbeaks (both have 115+ health) and it brings the damage up to a level I'm happy with. That means only two inventory slots instead of 6, and no low-life nonsense and wasting flask charges. Much happier with the results, even though it's still snapshotting and it's still cheesy and a little tedious.
IGN:
Catdurid
SkelliesErrywhere
"
Mankrik147 wrote:
I figured out what some of the difference is, I think. I was disregarding the fact that carcass jack provides an abnormally high pseudo-health boost in the form of ES. So when I swapped gear, I was losing a chunk of ES and the health from the two points I spent, which is a not-insignificant difference. I'm also now snapshotting with two rings instead of redbeaks (both have 115+ health) and it brings the damage up to a level I'm happy with. That means only two inventory slots instead of 6, and no low-life nonsense and wasting flask charges. Much happier with the results, even though it's still snapshotting and it's still cheesy and a little tedious.

AH i see. Yes you burn for your ES as damage as well so having ES on gear gives more damage but also makes you degen more and requires you get more regen nodes.

Snapshotting with rings is quite interesting, thanks for the idea.
You can snapshot by activating an 60% aura linked with Blood Magic and Reduced Mana on one of the Redbeack . You use a flask charge, you cast RF and swap . Smooth and easy.
"
boboaca wrote:
You can snapshot by activating an 60% aura linked with Blood Magic and Reduced Mana on one of the Redbeack . You use a flask charge, you cast RF and swap . Smooth and easy.

yup this is pretty good as well. I usually just turned RF on and waited because i was lazy, but this is just as effective and super easy.
up

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info