Currency Exchange Central - Platform for orb trading between players

"
bersi23 wrote:
It is amazing, how certain people try to circumvent the intentional lack of an AH in poe.
Dont destroy the barter market with such automated solutions!

it's a currency exchange, something people do in trade chat all day long already.

OP:

It looks really nice, I feel it's lacking "permanence" though. I know it's difficult but if you can do it I'd really like to see the website set up so that it's easier to browse and manage your currency

example

- I should be able to browse listings of posted exchanges without typing in my offered currency
- Multiple currencies per exchange would be nice also
- exchange rate and amount are both important

so instead of saying I have 22 fusing that I'd like to trade for 11 chaos

I want to say I am interested in buying chaos. My buying rates are fusing at a 2:1 ratio, chrom at a 20:1 ratio, jewelers at 10:1 ratio and that I have 22 fusing 30 jewlers and 60 chrom in stock

that way prospective buyers can "browse" my stock of currency, see the rates i'm willing to sell at and make appropriate offers that aren't nessesarily -exactly- 22 fusing for -exactly- 11 chaos

This would require user accounts, a way to browse a list of what users are buying what currency, and what currency they are accepting

A difficult challenge I know, but just posting 1-off exchanges won't help most buyers/sellers meet up

IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by demivion on Jan 9, 2014, 10:34:22 AM
A good idea would be to create a reddit thread too (don't think you've made one there, yet?).
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Phero1 wrote:
Definitely has potential imho. Great job.

Thought of cookie saving league preference / ign?

Good point, on my todo-list now :)

"
mazul wrote:
A good idea would be to create a reddit thread too (don't think you've made one there, yet?).

Yeah, I can do that.

EDIT: Done, click here for the thread.
Last edited by klayveR on Jan 9, 2014, 10:29:02 AM
I tried offering 1 chaos for 2 chaos. Too bad you secured that :D

Also, you shouldn't force people to offer something for a certain type of currency.
Sometimes you want a specific currency and you're ready to offer all sorts for it. Not having to try them one by one would be great.

For instance, I wanna buy Divines, for Exalted/Chaos/Regrets/Fusings/Alchs/Anything, I'd just like to see all the offers for divines, whatever the currency requested is.
Last edited by Bobbyblind on Jan 9, 2014, 10:32:43 AM
"
Bobbyblind wrote:
I tried offering 1 chaos for 2 chaos. Too bad you secured that :D

Also, you shouldn't force people to offer something for a certain type of currency.
Sometimes you want a specific currency and you're ready to offer all sorts for it. Not having to try them one by one would be great.

For instance, I wanna buy Divines, for Exalted/Chaos/Regrets/Fusings/Alchs/Anything, I'd just like to see all the offers for divines, whatever the currency requested is.

That's already implemented. Try to select multiple orbs you'd like to offer :)

First trades incoming, if someone is interested how a successful search result looks like:

Last edited by klayveR on Jan 9, 2014, 10:37:03 AM
Is this what PoE has come to? Currency Exchange? Its like I'm looking at 4x trading.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
Trading is a big part of the game for a lot of people, no matter how much a handful of elitist "self found" guys complain.

The in-game tools are lacking in utility so I welcome any attempt to improve the system with 3rd party tools.

Again, trading is a big part of the game for a lot of people. Deal with it.
"
Phero1 wrote:
Trading is a big part of the game for a lot of people, no matter how much a handful of elitist "self found" guys complain.

The in-game tools are lacking in utility so I welcome any attempt to improve the system with 3rd party tools.

Thanks for your support :)

If someone doesn't like it, well, just don't use it.
"
klayveR wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
Seems like refreshing every hour is too much work. 2 hours would be better :(.

Otherwise I like the website and hope it catches on.

I even thought about 3 hours today. In my opinion, you're right and the time before the trade expires should be increased, but let's see what others think.

I totally agree, increase the time before a trade expires.

I really like the idea, can't wait for it to become more popular and you keep it updated.
"
Phero1 wrote:

im a semi-selffound elitist and i welcome this new website.
however i never really had issues with currency exchanging yet.
thanks for the site OP , ill check it out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info