Currency Exchange Central - Platform for orb trading between players

• -
    -
  • Hey there, fellow exile!
    Are you also tired of trade chat spamming and just want to easily exchange some currency? POE Currency Exchange Central (CEC) is a new website for a better orb exchanging experience!
    -
  • Awesome! How does it work?
    This system is extremely minimalistic and therefore extremely easy to use. If you want to find someone to trade your orbs with, just choose the orb you need, the orbs (yes, we support multiple selection) you want to offer for that and the league on the landing page. The system will (hopefully) find someone who offered exactly that, immediately!
    -
  • But, wait! I want to create a trade as well!
    Just click on "Create Trade" on the top navigation bar. After you submitted your trade, you'll get your personal trade code which allows you to delete, refresh and "mark-as-sold" your trade. If you don't refresh it, it will automatically delete itself after 3 hours.
    -
  • More information?
    Just check out the website or visit our FAQ (not available yet)

• [spoiler="Planned features"]
    • Custom time frame
    • IGN & league saved in cookie
    • Optional login + Reenabling trades
    • 2 step search
    • One sided searches
    • Redo trade screen
    [/spoiler][spoiler="Original post + Bonus Video"]So, I found this awesome website today in this thread (http://ikov.de). Big props to you guys!

But I thought this idea could be done much more user-friendly, so I decided to program another revamped website with the core idea in mind. Not trying to be a thief here :P I created a short video explaining everything.

Video: Path Of Exile Orb Trade Website
    I am a little bit sick so sorry for that if you notice it!

I still have some work to do, some adjustment and the report functions. But other than that it's almost finished. I'd like to know what you think! :)

Thanks in advance
    klayveR[/spoiler]
  • Last edited by klayveR on Jan 17, 2014, 7:11:05 AM
    I can happily announce that CEC is now online! Check it out here!

Maybe we'll also get an own .com domain pretty soon. Stay tuned.
    Seems like refreshing every hour is too much work. 2 hours would be better :(.

Otherwise I like the website and hope it catches on.
    This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
    "
    mazul wrote:

I even thought about 3 hours today. In my opinion, you're right and the time before the trade expires should be increased, but let's see what others think.
    This is pretty cool, maybe now I can find someone selling divine orbs without fighting the stream of spam that is trade chat (unfortunately looks like no one has trades up yet :().

"
    mazul wrote:

IMO, it would be nice to specify a time frame, ie: if I know I'll be mapping for the next 3-4 hours; I'd like to keep it up for that long.

EDIT: when leaving the "I Offer" part blank, it would be nice for it to default to all currencies (or a decent subset, like alts up to ex). Managed to break it somehow and got it defaulting to regrets...
    Last edited by Necrolis on Jan 9, 2014, 10:17:12 AM
    "
    Necrolis wrote:
    This is pretty cool, maybe now I can find someone selling divine orbs without fighting the stream of spam that is trade chat (unfortunately looks like no one has trades up yet :().

"
    mazul wrote:

IMO, it would be nice to specify a time frame, ie: if I know I'll be mapping for the next 3-4 hours; I'd like to keep it up for that long.

Great idea, why didn't I think about that? If others like it, i'll definitely implement that! There should be a cap tho I think, so people don't specify time frames of 100 hours for example :)
    I did 5 _very_ common searches in nemesis (N chaos - O Alt) (N Chaos - O Fuse) (N Alt - O Chaos) (N Fuse - O Chaos) (N Exalt - O Chaos)

And none of them had any results.

Great idea, doubt it will catch on, if it does, great.

Free bump to get the word out, good luck
    It is amazing, how certain people try to circumvent the intentional lack of an AH in poe.
    Dont destroy the barter market with such automated solutions!
    ░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    Il███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
    "
    jarlaxelb wrote:
    I did 5 _very_ common searches in nemesis (N chaos - O Alt) (N Chaos - O Fuse) (N Alt - O Chaos) (N Fuse - O Chaos) (N Exalt - O Chaos)

And none of them had any results.

Great idea, doubt it will catch on, if it does, great.

Free bump to get the word out, good luck

You probably found nothing because the website is up for just 15 minutes now ;)
    Definitely has potential imho. Great job.

Thought of cookie saving league preference / ign?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info