FISHING ROD :S

"
lolozori wrote:
is that a Labrador?

He's a random Cambodian mixed breed. My girlfriend's aunt is a crazy old lady who can't afford to feed herself yet keeps loads and loads of dogs (which all scavenge for food). Willem was the runt of the litter, the only black dog in a litter of fluffy white dogs. He wasn't getting fed and was already infested with fleas and stuff when I met him (was only a few weeks old at the time).

We've improved each other's lives immeasurably.
Pretty much every post ive seen on reddit of people with a fishing rod drop has them wearing a tricorn so at least that part is most probably right. Lolo is one of the only people claiming it isnt true.

There is a highlight of willywonka finding krillson in a mud geyser map (sea around). He just entered a portal randomly.

There are also photos of krillson in a shrine map (no sea around except maybe the sea of blood ;P)

feathers might or might not increase the rod drop chance but ive farmed with 16 of them and so far got nothing. (it wasn't a super long farm session though)
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Apr 7, 2015, 6:37:41 AM
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
Nice dog, Monsta. :D

But back to the topic at hand and aiming this at lolozori:
Monsta just CANNOT prove you have to wear the tricorne. Even if you're wearing it and a rod drops, it's not a guarantee that it wouldn't've dropped without. That's why you (or anyone else) have to prove that a rod can drop WITHOUT wearing Fairgrave's and without being on CT. That's, for example, why you need control groups when doing experiments. As for now, we have the group of people who found a rod wearing a tricorne. The thing still missing is the control group - or rather, in this case, one person - who found a rod without the hat on and not on CT.
Also, I cannot remember Monsta stating that it was easy to find a rod even when you're wearing the hat, a feather and an imprint, just that these are requirements. Else he'd've had one when he found Krillson a few days ago.
As for the other things, that might not be required but boost the chance of a rod dropping... that is even more difficult. You'd need hundreds of people who found rods outside of CT, some of which were only wearing the tricorne, others which also did the global chat thing (I believe this one is a hoax myself, designed to mess up global even more, if such a thing is possible), had a feather or more and possibly an imprint of the tricorne.

The only other possible way is if GGG staff were to chime in just telling us how and when rods drop.

You are turning things around . RNG is the normal in this game, every drops are drop from RNG. Something not RNG based is then extraordinary.

Monsta is saying the rod can t drop it without it, so he need to prove it because all in this game is RNG based and saying something is dropping out of RNG is an extraordinary claim that need extraordinary evidence .

Until a DEv come here and tell us the ROD is not only RNG based but you need something else to drop it then all the burden of proof is on Monsta claim.

Not only that but he claim using an imprint, writing things in global chat and doing footing in the area raise the chance to drop the rod.

When he claim those, he then need to prove those elements are real, because he is creating new variable in the equation.

When he is asked how do he know typing something in chat raise the odds, he simple refuse to answer. Why would he write things an refuse to answer? He have the burden of proof that doing those actually raise the drop chance for the rod, like he need to prove that this game rng logic is broken when it is about the rod.

HOW do he know using a tricorn would help getting the rod? because one people dropped it with it and told him? then why he believe one with a tricorn but not the other one without it?

Does he have information the public don t know? if yes how did he get those informations?

It is like saying god exit in a world god can t be seen. How do you prove your claim about god existence without proof?

I found a rod without a tricorn, he say it s impossible, allright but can he back up is claim about the whole jibabawaga global chat or the imprint?

There is no reason to call me liar if he himself can t prove I am lying. There is no reason of why he refuse to explain himself about the global chat type or how he discovered it.

Whatever, I said it is rng based, if you don t believe it, good luck running around and getting trolled.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Apr 7, 2015, 6:52:02 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
the burden of proof is on Monsta claim.

You still haven't said what you would accept as proof. For me the fact that everyone else said they used a tricorne or coward's trail and you're the only one claiming you didn't is proof enough....
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:
the burden of proof is on Monsta claim.

You still haven't said what you would accept as proof. For me the fact that everyone else said they used a tricorne or coward's trail and you're the only one claiming you didn't is proof enough....

Rng is rule the world of POE and if the rod is breaking those rules and you need only special items then prove it yourself.

I dropped it without the hat, you drop it with it, who is right?

Make a video of yourself or someone doing all the ritual and wearing a tricorn and dropping the Rod.

I accepted to search the rod again without a tricorn and show it to you if it append, can you accept to show us how you get a tricorn using your tricks?

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Apr 7, 2015, 6:55:52 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
Make a video of yourself or someone doing all the ritual and wearing a tricorn and dropping the Rod.

How would that prove anything? You'd still say it was rng and that the other stuff was coincidental. I've offered a serious reward for anyone who can prove me wrong, and I'm as confident as I've ever been about anything that it can't be done.

Idk what's up with some people. One half of the community is going ape at me in another thread for not sharing what I know, and the other half is in this thread accusing me of trolling.
As I said. MonstaMunch cannot prove anything. But with the single finding of a rod outside of CT and without wearing the tricorne, you can prove him wrong and even get a Demigod's and a legacy Kaom's for it.
I mean, rods are still not Scrolls of Wisdom that drop at every corner. He's got a hypothesis (or claim) that you can only find it wearing the hat. This hypothesis was derived from observation, i.e. that everyone who found a rod was either on CT or wearing said hat.
This is of course extraordinary in this purely RNG dominated game - but so was the fact that the earth is not the centre of the universe back in the days.
By finding a rod without those two conditions checked, you can easily prove the hypothesis wrong. Monsta does not have to prove it, you have to disprove it since evidence seems to be contrary to your claim that it is just an RNG based drop.

That said, I have no clue if the claimed evidence (i.e. everyone found rods only on CT or while Fairgrave's Tricorne was donned) is really there and I don't intend to check.

However, someone claiming something based on data and someone else disproving it by finding an example to the contrary is standard procedure in science - only there it is mostly more difficult, since it's seldom enough to only find ONE single piece of data to disprove anything.

So actually, Monsta's part is done. He (claims to have) analyzed the data and derived a hypothesis. Now others may test it and disprove him. But he cannot further prove his point. He himself could only disprove it by finding a rod himself under the conditions mentioned before.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:

How would that prove anything? You'd still say it was rng and that the other stuff was coincidental.

Nope, I would not say that, I would then apologies publicly.

Then why are you always refusing to answer, would you prove people that a tricorn, typing something in global and having an imprint get you the rod?

how did you found out about the global chat thing? the imprint?

Answer those questions please?

my bet: you will not answer once again.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Apr 7, 2015, 6:58:57 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:

How would that prove anything? You'd still say it was rng and that the other stuff was coincidental.

Nope, I would not say that, I would then apologies publicly.

Please don't ever go into science. This is not how it works.
Or rather, do go into science. You'll surely learn something about how to prove and disprove things.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Apr 7, 2015, 7:00:33 AM
One of my guildmates dropped a rod. He did none of that nonsense.

Fact is, rods are worthless. No one can post a verified fish to the forum, even with the reward of easy exalts.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info