PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

FISHING ROD :S

"
Mikrotherion wrote:
As I said. MonstaMunch cannot prove anything. But with the single finding of a rod outside of CT and without wearing the tricorne, you can prove him wrong and even get a Demigod's and a legacy Kaom's for it.
I mean, rods are still not Scrolls of Wisdom that drop at every corner. He's got a hypothesis (or claim) that you can only find it wearing the hat. This hypothesis was derived from observation, i.e. that everyone who found a rod was either on CT or wearing said hat.
This is of course extraordinary in this purely RNG dominated game - but so was the fact that the earth is not the centre of the universe back in the days.
By finding a rod without those two conditions checked, you can easily prove the hypothesis wrong. Monsta does not have to prove it, you have to disprove it since evidence seems to be contrary to your claim that it is just an RNG based drop.

That said, I have no clue if the claimed evidence (i.e. everyone found rods only on CT or while Fairgrave's Tricorne was donned) is really there and I don't intend to check.

However, someone claiming something based on data and someone else disproving it by finding an example to the contrary is standard procedure in science - only there it is mostly more difficult, since it's seldom enough to only find ONE single piece of data to disprove anything.

So actually, Monsta's part is done. He (claims to have) analyzed the data and derived a hypothesis. Now others may test it and disprove him. But he cannot further prove his point. He himself could only disprove it by finding a rod himself under the conditions mentioned before.

allright, where are the evidence for monsta that running around in the area, typing something in trade chat or having an imprint is working?

There is no testimony for those, so he have to prove them right?.

About the tricorn, there is few thread on the forum with people finding it without the helm.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Apr 7, 2015, 8:04:33 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:
Make a video of yourself or someone doing all the ritual and wearing a tricorn and dropping the Rod.

How would that prove anything? You'd still say it was rng and that the other stuff was coincidental.

Nope, I would not say that, I would then apologies publicly.

Then this in itself is an admission that you lied. If you really found a rod without the tricorne, then even if I did as stated as above, it wouldn't change the fact that I was wrong. Your willingness to accept I might not be wrong is clear proof that what you said simply isn't true.

@Antnee, your friend was wearing a fairgrave's tricorne or he was in coward's trail. That's a simple statement of fact, not a question.
Neither are true. Statement of fact. See how that works?
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

Then this in itself is an admission that you lied. If you really found a rod without the tricorne, then even if I did as stated as above, it wouldn't change the fact that I was wrong. Your willingness to accept I might not be wrong is clear proof that what you said simply isn't true.

@Antnee, your friend was wearing a fairgrave's tricorne or he was in coward's trail. That's a simple statement of fact, not a question.

[/quote]

No, it not an admission and why is that you don t want to prove it yourself too?
You would honor yourself as to prove your theory are correct.

I said I will search for another tricorn and if I do, you better have my demigod :P,

I tell you I would apologise ,Even if I say I did find it with rng you don t believe it so at least, it would make people believe you instead of me.

My apologies would not mean I was the liar, just that you proved this is not rng based only.

yet you turn the table around again to avoid to prove your case.

until then...
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

Afaik the main things that boost the chances are:

- Eternalling the tricorne (though the tricorne must be worn no matter what, unless in coward's trail)

- Running 3 circles around the waypoint after entering a new instance

- Typing #Jabberjawsyoloswag in global chat at the start of each new instance

- Carrying a stack of feathers as you farm

answer the dam questions of how did you come to conclude those.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Apr 7, 2015, 7:20:59 AM
not sure that you are all serious answering to MonstaMunch... He's either fully retarded or joking full time ( I bet 2nd option ), you have to be blind or joking yourself to debate with him.
IGN TylordRampage
Frankly, I don't give a damn how you get a rod. The main takeaway is that they do nothing, as evidenced by the deafening silence towards my offer of exalts for simply linking a fish in the forum.

Well, they sell for quite a bit. Then again, people pay out the ass for homeopathic spring water.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Apr 7, 2015, 7:18:15 AM
"
Antnee wrote:

Well, they sell for quite a bit. Then again, people pay out the ass for homeopathic spring water.

Not even that. The unique is super expensive, but a normal rod...

Some people try to sell it 1 ex in standard and none want it.

There is few rods on poexyz but none is buying and the price are just made of greed XD, they don t even have buyers.

I tried to sell mine in past since it was sold 10-30ex and it is useless but it seem everyone agree this thing is just a joke.

Now it is just a trophy in my stash haha.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Apr 7, 2015, 7:30:58 AM
Ill buy a rod for 1ex any day of the week and twice on sunday ...too bad its on standard :(
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
andkamen wrote:
Ill buy a rod for 1ex any day of the week and twice on sunday ...too bad its on standard :(

I know , I was tempted too but I had no currency at the time those guys where on the notice board XD, mine is too low level and I don t think I can chance it to get the unique (the only rod people are actually buying).

In any case Gl for everyone who try to find a rod,

after all the more there is people having it, the better chance we have that this thing could actually be made useful by the devs.

Btw I hope people don t take this thread too seriously. it s all a joke from monsta even if the imprint story is a little too much.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Apr 7, 2015, 8:15:34 AM
Same too sold mine and a fellow guildie had it drop too and ask me what to do with it. I said sell it and he sold it and bought himself a shavs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info