[1.0.6] Lunys' LA / Frenzy High End Crit Ranger GUIDE (in-depth analysis) 3 VIDEOS

I want to thank you, Lunys, for writing this excellent and in-depth guide. It has helped me a lot, not just by giving me a build to follow, but also by causing me to realize how various game mechanics work together and increasing my general Path of Exile knowledge. Please keep it up to date with new patches and keep up the good work!
"
nhouser9 wrote:
I want to thank you, Lunys, for writing this excellent and in-depth guide. It has helped me a lot, not just by giving me a build to follow, but also by causing me to realize how various game mechanics work together and increasing my general Path of Exile knowledge. Please keep it up to date with new patches and keep up the good work!

Thanks!

Updated the guide for 1.0.5 ... nothing relevant changed, so all i did was edit the title :P
Once an exile, always an exile.
Can I follow this guide even if im just starting PoE? I´m not new, got a 50 something summoner but after a long break I really want to start fresh, and this looks like a build I want to follow. But im poor, and "new". Still doable? If not, any pointers to a "noob-friendly" ranger guide that can become this one?
"
fiddesoder99 wrote:
Can I follow this guide even if im just starting PoE? I´m not new, got a 50 something summoner but after a long break I really want to start fresh, and this looks like a build I want to follow. But im poor, and "new". Still doable? If not, any pointers to a "noob-friendly" ranger guide that can become this one?

Well you can of course follow the guide and even with decent gear you will most likely do well in endgame... but there are many other builds out there that work much better for beginners or beginner gear.

I will soon add some tips and an adjusted passive tree version to the guide.
For all beginners that want to eventually play my build.
Thanks for the reply mate :)

I get what you are saying, and I am following Vaine's Blood Magic & Critical Frenzy/LA Build currently. My thought was to go with that build and grow some economy and later "respecc" more into yours :)

Whats your educated thoughts on that build?

Edit

This is the build I was talking about.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B0QR-BbUILgzyDkgRlhXwGY4Z1RnXGf4a2xsBIXYj9iQ8JP0mlSepL28wfDH6Mww2PTnUOlg-z0lRSn1QQlFHVUtW-lpIWm1h4mKsZ6Bte2_ycFJwu3DVdvd3138rf8aGzocZh3aIa4w2jX2Nv5UFm42do52qoJ-hIqGkoi6iQKXLp1yn1Kp_qriv67EwtUi7473mwFHEosqp037UI9UA1orWndkT3BXh2-OE51TndO2D7g7v8PPq9Pj5Y_yr_MX-K_66_sj_3g==
Last edited by fiddesoder99 on Jan 18, 2014, 1:10:56 PM
I took a quick look at the build and its ... ok i guess ^^ a lot of room for improvement though. But it should work out nicely for a beginner anyway and you won't have to reskill that many points if you want to switch later.

Keep in mind though that switching bandit perks costs 20 regrets each, so you might want to go with the ones i chose directly.
I already went with the HP in act 2 Normal sadly, but I can grind for that reset. I will change one thing in the other build of the bat and that is to add Power Charge on crit to Frenzy. So I will follow your choices in the other difficulties :)

Thanks again for your time!

Edit

Will 1 health node in your final build be worth more HP than the HP I took in Normal? I figured with that loss in a Skillpoint i can take 1 less health node.

Just a saving thought :p
Last edited by fiddesoder99 on Jan 18, 2014, 2:26:08 PM
doesn't make much of a difference.
it's actually better to have the 40hp from bandits, if you don't have a legacy kaoms.

so you don't have to worry about this, just keep it this way.
Is this build viable at hardcore/nemesis league?
Thanks for the fast answer! :) It´s all clear now, I didn't even know about "legacy" items before :p I figured they´d change existing items as well.

Happy hunting mate! Good luck on the road to 100!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info