[1.0.6] Lunys' LA / Frenzy High End Crit Ranger GUIDE (in-depth analysis) 3 VIDEOS

lol, ur dmg and passivve tree is a real joke, when i use voltaxic to solo, i have 16k dps split arrow with chain, 60k frenzy single target, 75k life, no worry of any reflection.
"
lol, ur dmg and passivve tree is a real joke, when i use voltaxic to solo, i have 16k dps split arrow with chain, 60k frenzy single target, 75k life, no worry of any reflection.

link your passive tree plz.
"
Ultrakiller wrote:

Could you please link your gear, passive tree and post screenshots with the damage you claim to have? Ive recently encountered some posts including yours where ppl claim to have 60K frenzy and 20K LA or what not without mirrored items, just using Lioneyes and Voltaxic lol I just dont believe a single post without a proof.

my gear:
Spoiler

passive tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEB5wR-BS0FtQzyDkgRlhXwGdUZ1xpVGtsbyCF2I_YkPCT9J6kppTB8MfozDDY9Nug51DpYPs9AoEMxSVFKfU4qUUdW-loaWkhabVuvXhNgS2EhZKNnoG_ycFJ07Xb3d9d6738rf8aE74cZh3aIa419jb-QCpUFm42do565n8ugn6EioaSiQKXLp1yn1Kp_qriv67ZBvebAUcSiyqnN6tN-1QDcFd0N4dvjhOdU6xTuDu967_Dz6vT4-WP8q_zF_iv-yP_e

See I have 5L high roll Voltaxic, high lightning damage add on both rings, full crit amu, legacy thunderfists, high weapon ele on belt and even using high dps helmet yet I still have ONLY 20K Frenzy and 3.2 K LA fully buffed with lvl 20 Anger and Wrath and 6 Frenzy Charges (only thing I can rly improve in terms of damage is to 6L my Voltax which wont change my frenzy damage and will boost only LA by 1K damage orso)....so please all those ppl posting those insane damage numbers with 5L Lioneyes and Voltaxic etc please upload screenshots, link gear and passive (I dont mean the OP ofc since he uses best DPS mirrored bow in the game)
Last edited by Aerinqq on Jan 1, 2014, 10:54:11 AM
Getting over 10 000 LA with voltaxic on self buffs while maintaining high EHP is incredibly difficult and as far as I know, I am the only one to have such a character.

With a mirrored bow 20 000 LA is certainly possible. With total disregard for survivability, even 25k is possible.

Also some clarification on why the taming is not worthwhile for anything but a leveling tool:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/735074
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
Getting over 10 000 LA with voltaxic on self buffs while maintaining high EHP is incredibly difficult and as far as I know, I am the only one to have such a character.

With a mirrored bow 20 000 LA is certainly possible. With total disregard for survivability, even 25k is possible.

Also some clarification on why the taming is not worthwhile for anything but a leveling tool:

Could you please link your gear and passive please? just want to know what to focus on in my tree and what items to upgrade

Also what you think about this?
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/722089/page/2
post by "ponkata", ES+eva based, 62 K frenzy 21 K LA using 5L Lioneyes? How is this possible?
"
Vikingforward wrote:
Still confused by your crit chance, how do you manage to get it up to 75% out of town, or 50% in town?
with a flask or something?

That's simply because the base crit chance of my harbinger bow is 9.35% compared to the 5% of most other bows.

"
Ultrakiller wrote:

First of all Split arrow with chain is nor Lightning Arrow with chain and lmp.
As for the rest of your comment ... i guess you are running at least 1 or 2 auras, or you are simply trolling or whatever.
Oh and i don't have to worry about reflect at all ... if you had read the guide for more than 10 seconds you would know that.

"
Nephalim wrote:

If you are running auras yourself getting 10K LA with full stacks up is not that difficult using voltaxic. I can assure you your not the only one with such a character, because i have done it. Of course maintaining an HP Pool above 6k and maxed out resistances.

As for your "clarification thread" its just another thread filled with speculation about how the ring works. Oh and btw. even if you would be right about how the ring works, and the actual dps increase is just somewhere around 15-20% it would still be increadibly hard to find a better offensive ring :P

Once an exile, always an exile.
Last edited by Lunys on Jan 1, 2014, 2:17:49 PM
"
If you are running auras yourself getting 10K LA with full stacks up is not that difficult using voltaxic. I can assure you your not the only one with such a character, because i have done it. Of course maintaining an HP Pool above 6k and maxed out resistances.

As for your "clarification thread" its just another thread filled with speculation about how the ring works. Oh and btw. even if you would be right about how the ring works, and the actual dps increase is just somewhere around 15-20% it would still be increadibly hard to find a better offensive ring :P

I would like to see such a character. Please switch to a voltaxic rift and tell me if you are able to break even 6000 LA. You wont.

Still, you do not understand how damage scaling works or are too ignorant to admit your assumptions are completely wrong. even under ideal conditions 20% increased damage is the same as 20% WED which is pitiful considering the mods a rare ring could have. For you to create a guide and advocate using an ultra expensive unique without understanding game mechanics is a little unfair for players who cant readily afford mirrors worth of gear in addition to that grossly overhyped ring.

let me paint a picture:

base damage * 1 + (the combined increased damage from all sources including WED,proejctile damage, damage and physical damage)

when you already have 300% increased damage, going to 320% or 330% does not yield a big dps gain.

again, put in a le huep and tell us how much damage that pitiful 20% increased damage modifier adds.

So, i'll repeat this only once more.
Please look at the ring.
There are 3 stats that effect your damage.

1. 15% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
-This particular stat doesn't increase my dps much, you are completely right about this. Since i alrdy have a high Elemental DMG modifier the increase is minimal.

2. 15% Elemental Damage
-This particular stat doesn't increase my dps much, you are completely right about this. Since i alrdy have a high Elemental DMG modifier the increase is minimal.

3. 10% increased damage per Freeze, Shock and Ignite on enemy
-This is by far the best offensive stat on the ring.
What it does, is increase the damage that you deal according the number of status ailments an enemy has when you hit them.
-Without "the taming" neither ignite nor freeze increase the damage you deal. Shock stacks increase the damage a monster takes by 30%.
-With "the taming" under ideal conditions, you gain 50% increased damage just from stat #3.

Within 3 Critical Strikes i always apply 3 shock stacks and ignite the enemy. So the realistic increased damage value to expect from stat #3 on bosses is 40%

In conclusion, if you can show me a ring that has a bigger effect on my damage, than "the taming" with its 3 Stats combined (30% increased Elemental Damage & 40%-50% increased Damage), still provides 25% allres and costs less than 35ex... then i will bow my head to you and stand corrected.

But this not going to happen, because a ring with attack speed & high elemental damage modifiers & good resistances costs a fortune :)

I do agreee that the way i wrote this in my initial post was misleading and can be interpreted wrong, i changed it.

This doesn't change the fact though that "the taming" is worth every single one of the 28-33 Exalts it usually goes for in standard. It is an amazing ring, which can only be topped by a few rare rings easily worth 50-??? Exalts.
Last edited by Lunys on Jan 1, 2014, 3:36:41 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
I would like to see such a character. Please switch to a voltaxic rift and tell me if you are able to break even 6000 LA.

Unfortunately i sold my voltaxic to afford my new mirrored bow. Fortunately i sold it to a friend. I will ask him to lend it to me and i will make a video just for you breaking 6k LA DPS without using a single aura. (with 6 Frenzy + 5 Power Charges)

I am absolutely certain about this because i used voltaxic for a long time, before i switched to my current bow. I am not 100% sure if i break the 10k barrier when i use 2 auras in an Alphas howl, but i am pretty sure that i would at least get pretty close.

Now i would be gratefull to you, if we could end this discussion for now.
I am currently busy with various things, but i promise to upload gameplay videos of the current version of my build within the ongoing week. I can only hope that this will lift most of your doubts about my build.

Thanks again, for your input and a lovely year 2014 to all of you.

Oh and good luck for your ring mirror service Nephalim :)

Last edited by Lunys on Jan 1, 2014, 3:48:26 PM
That would be nice. If you can break 6000 LA without auras and with voltaxic then you will have already bested blastrophe a dozen times over. Of course this is with the assumption your LA has chain lmp and life leech.

As for the taming please correct the bolded part because it is flat out wrong.

"
The Taming is an amazing ring for multiple reasons. Lots of elemental resistances & elemental damage are obviously great for us. But the best part of the ring is the additional increased damage per shock stack, ignite or freez on the enemy.
With "the taming" one of our shock stacks boost our damage by additional 10%.
The fire & cold damage modifiers from our gear or party auras may ignite & freeze the enemies for another 10% each
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 1, 2014, 4:23:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info