[1.0.6] Lunys' LA / Frenzy High End Crit Ranger GUIDE (in-depth analysis) 3 VIDEOS

"
Nephalim wrote:
That would be nice. If you can break 6000 LA without auras and with voltaxic then you will have already bested blastrophe a dozen times over. Of course this is with the assumption your LA has chain lmp and life leech.

As for the taming please correct the bolded part because it is flat out wrong.

"
The Taming is an amazing ring for multiple reasons. Lots of elemental resistances & elemental damage are obviously great for us. But the best part of the ring is the additional increased damage per shock stack, ignite or freez on the enemy.
With "the taming" one of our shock stacks boost our damage by additional 10%.
The fire & cold damage modifiers from our gear or party auras may ignite & freeze the enemies for another 10% each

Changed it, now i'am basically reciting the tooltip so there can be no confusion at all.

As for the 6000 LA and besting blastrophe... my gear is a little bit inferior to his actually, but i didn't take the same amount of life nodes when i was playing with voltaxic.
That's why i was able to reach ~6.2k with zero auras and full stacks.
Once an exile, always an exile.
Very good work! keep it up mate <3
ign:Lars
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1288489/ (Standard)
top guide well done
Nice guide! Used almost same build before, but this guide improved it.
Thanks for sharing the guide, it looks great! After reading yours and Blastrophes guides, both have inspired me to roll a ranger

I can't access the passive tree unfortunately (on iPad) but is anyone able to advise what the key differences are between both builds? Just keen to understand before I choose a guide to follow

Also, do you know when you will be able to post the levelling guide?
"
zkng wrote:
Thanks for sharing the guide, it looks great! After reading yours and Blastrophes guides, both have inspired me to roll a ranger

I can't access the passive tree unfortunately (on iPad) but is anyone able to advise what the key differences are between both builds? Just keen to understand before I choose a guide to follow

Also, do you know when you will be able to post the levelling guide?

The key differences between Blastrophes guide and mine.

Let's see, Blastrophes guide centers around the use of the unique bow "Voltaxic Rift".
He does mention ways to handle reflect when using his build with a physical damage bow, but i personally wouldn't run his build with a physical bow.

My build on the other hand is specifically designed for the use of a rare harbinger bow.
To handle reflect for this amazing physical damage + high crit chance bow, i take the Keystone
"Vaal Pact".

To sum this up, his build is a bit saver ... but mine does more than twice the damage, if you have a very good harbinger bow.

Both guides are not exactly newcomer friendly, so if you have no currency to spend on gear do not expect to achieve damage anywhere near what you see on the screenshots.

p.s. the passives nodes between both build are not that different, so switching between both is not very expensive
Last edited by Lunys on Jan 1, 2014, 7:13:59 PM
Thanks Lunys, much appreciated!

I have 3 fairly high level chars so I've built up a fair amount of currency already which is nice

Did you know when you will release your levelling guide for the passive tree? Super keen to see how I should be building it out (atm I'm following your 100 point build but I'm still very low level)
mmh, i'll try to get it done within the next 24 hours.
Sweet thanks - looking forward to it!
I added the promised leveling section.

I'll consider expanding it if people end up running into major problems leveling their character this way.

I also added some colour and updated the screenshots that the guide includes.

MAJOR CHANGE
I switched out WEOPEN ELEMENTAL DMG for ADDED FIRE DAMAGE in my Frenzy 4 Link.
Last edited by Lunys on Jan 2, 2014, 1:12:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info