[1.0.6] Lunys' LA / Frenzy High End Crit Ranger GUIDE (in-depth analysis) 3 VIDEOS

Well if thats your opinion and my guide + 3 videos can't change it... I suggest you just keep playing your build.

Good for you if it's fun for you to use.
After all, it is fun that gaming is all about.

I'd just ask you to keep your comments on a constructive level.
Just screaming "look look my tooltip dps with a different skill are higher" proves nothing and is in no way constructive at all.
Once an exile, always an exile.
Last edited by Lunys on Jan 4, 2014, 1:03:20 PM
"
Lunys wrote:
"
Gimukun wrote:
Hey, I was following another LA ranger guide until I found this one. Since this had blood magic and I was running into SEVERE mana issues I thought why not follow this one instead? Looks cool! But now I have to spend a ton of regrets respeccing and my LA dps is only 482.6

Massive issue considering I'm level 68.

Can you point out where I'm going wrong?

Gear:
Spoiler

Passive Skill Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEB5wR-FHEVIBXwGf4bAST9JT8otSmlKjgqTSzpMHwxnjJ-NZI26DpSOlg-zz8nQapFlkp9SshN404qUUdWBFb6WK9aGluvYIhhUmegapNsFm6qdEF313gNfVt_K4PbhmCHGYd2jX2bjaEioaSiQKZXpzCn1Kluqn-quK_rtBq18rZBvebAD8SiznHSTdUA1e3ajdwV3Q3fv-Hb4svnVOss9Pj5Y_xL_MX-j_7I

Get a decent rare Harbinger bow with 8% or more basecrit (dps doesn't have to be more than 280)and maligaros unique gloves until you can afford thunderfists later.

Should be 2 affordable and nice upgrades!

A big upgrade would also be a quiver with crit multiplier.

Last but not least, you got a lot of nodes to respec ... assuming that you want to eventually play my build.

Thank you so much for the feedback! I got a Maligaros and a new Harbinger bow within my price range and I managed to respect quite a bit (need a few more regrets but I'm almost there). My LA dps has gone from 482 to 1162.

Is there anything else wrong with my gear? Or will my dps increase through respeccing further into your build.
Thanks

New equips
Spoiler

New skill tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEB5wR-FHEVIBXwGNsZ1Rn-GwEhYCF2JP0lPyi1KaUqOCpNLIUs6TB8MfoyfjMMNug51DpSOlg-zz8nQKBBqkp9SshOKlFHVgRW-loaW69giGFSZ6BsFm_ydEF08Xb3d9d_K4PbhmCHGYd2jX2Nv5UFn8ugn6EioaSiQKcwp9Sqf6q4r-u0Gr3mxKLKqc5x1QDajdwV3Q3fv-Hb4svnVOsU7070-Plj_Ev8xf4r_sj_3g==
"
Gimukun wrote:

Thank you so much for the feedback! I got a Maligaros and a new Harbinger bow within my price range and I managed to respect quite a bit (need a few more regrets but I'm almost there). My LA dps has gone from 482 to 1162.

Is there anything else wrong with my gear? Or will my dps increase through respeccing further into your build.
Thanks

New equips
Spoiler

New skill tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEB5wR-FHEVIBXwGNsZ1Rn-GwEhYCF2JP0lPyi1KaUqOCpNLIUs6TB8MfoyfjMMNug51DpSOlg-zz8nQKBBqkp9SshOKlFHVgRW-loaW69giGFSZ6BsFm_ydEF08Xb3d9d_K4PbhmCHGYd2jX2Nv5UFn8ugn6EioaSiQKcwp9Sqf6q4r-u0Gr3mxKLKqc5x1QDajdwV3Q3fv-Hb4svnVOsU7070-Plj_Ev8xf4r_sj_3g==

Respeccing further into my build will defenitely increase your dps even more. Especially since you should have a decent enough crit chance now, thanks to your new bow and maligaros gloves.

The biggest overall increase will be some more levels of course! So take your new bow and get some mapping done ! :)
Iv been using this build with some minor changes in nemesis and its great fun.
It was feeling a bit weak until about level 58, but I'm 67 now and its damage scaling is really taking off with more and more crit. I'll be re rolling a Harbinger bow as soon as I'm 68 :).

I'm using skelly totem with blind and faster casting to soak up some damage, and to make up for my lower crit I'm using two 5Ls and added crit chance into the frenzy setup. I use your standard curse setup, and for the last 4L its just a cwdt, enduring cry, inc duration and immortal call.

Working great so far :)
"
St11yx wrote:
Iv been using this build with some minor changes in nemesis and its great fun.
It was feeling a bit weak until about level 58, but I'm 67 now and its damage scaling is really taking off with more and more crit. I'll be re rolling a Harbinger bow as soon as I'm 68 :).

I'm using skelly totem with blind and faster casting to soak up some damage, and to make up for my lower crit I'm using two 5Ls and added crit chance into the frenzy setup. I use your standard curse setup, and for the last 4L its just a cwdt, enduring cry, inc duration and immortal call.

Working great so far :)

I'm suprised that you chose this build for nemesis^^ happy to hear that it's working out for you though!
Last edited by Lunys on Jan 5, 2014, 4:32:25 AM
In Domination, would non-legacy Kaom's still be "BiS" chest?
Last edited by Smerte on Jan 6, 2014, 4:27:07 PM
So Im running this specc and I really die like a bitch.

The real problems seems to be thorns and and and anything that don't die quick enough.

My Current gear, I screwed my links on my helm last night, gonna fix it asap.

My resists are low aswell, but afaik it's not instant killing me like the thorns from the act3 bitches.

Spoiler

What items should I swap out first? What stats should I look for?
nevermind.... nothing to see here move along
Last edited by shagdawg on Jan 7, 2014, 5:00:08 AM
"
Kenjintheone wrote:
So Im running this specc and I really die like a bitch.

The real problems seems to be thorns and and and anything that don't die quick enough.

My Current gear, I screwed my links on my helm last night, gonna fix it asap.

My resists are low aswell, but afaik it's not instant killing me like the thorns from the act3 bitches.

Spoiler

What items should I swap out first? What stats should I look for?

I pointed out multiple times that this guide is meant for people with high end gear.
You got a total of +261 maximum life on your whole gear. Thats a quarter of legacy kaoms heart.
In addition to that your resists are not even close to max.
So i am not suprised that you keep dieing.

If you want to continue running this build, which i wouldn't recommend with this level of equipment... i would start by replacing the rats nest with a nice +life +resistances helmet.
Then try to get life & resists on your jewelry.

The few decent pieces that you could keep for a while are your gloves, boots .. and the bow i guess.
Last edited by Lunys on Jan 7, 2014, 6:59:50 AM
Legacy kaoms, y sure nice build...
And without it how much life? 2k?
Last edited by ashamanbg on Jan 7, 2014, 8:03:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info