[1.0.6] Lunys' LA / Frenzy High End Crit Ranger GUIDE (in-depth analysis) 3 VIDEOS

"
bazzaq wrote:
I'm loving this build. Currently level 60 and owning. Seems to be far better than the elemantal LA ranger that I built.

Just wondering if you tried out Mana Leach since you get the crit nodes that are up that way. Sorry if you've answered this earlier but i didn't read through all the replies.

Cheers
Baz

Uhm, since this is a blood magic build and you got zero mana... mana leech is pretty pointless.

And if you are wondering if you could just use mana leech instead of blood magic, i can tell you that it is not going to work... because the rate at which you leech mana won't be high enough in order to sustain the very high cost of a 6 Linked Lightning arrow.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the build so far! Keep on going, at high level it gets even more amazing!
Once an exile, always an exile.
Last edited by Lunys on Jan 23, 2014, 5:25:05 PM
Ya I did mean leach rather than BM. Oh the idiosyncracies when communicating with the English language.

I would have thought you would get insane leach with a good bow as quite a bit of the damage is physical and the amount of times hit is many.

E.g some rough math. Say 2000 phys dam with 2% leach at say 10 hits is 400 mana leach. And this is not including crit hits.

Also another newb question. With chain and LMP you can get 36 hits. With a small pack say of 6 monsters do all 36 potential hits hit or is there only 6 x 3= 18 hits.

Cheers
Baz
Unfortunately the rate at which you leech mana is capped. It is true that you do leech an insane amount of mana, but you don't leech it quickly enough.

Just like life leech... but in this case there is vaal pact to make the leech instant... no such thing available for mana leech.

The fewer monsters there are the less likely it gets that all 36 hits actually hit.
But it is possible for chain to bounce back and forth.
So yeah it is possible to get 36 hits on 6 monsters.
Actually it is possible once you got a pack of at least 4 monsters.

Don't quote me on this though, i may be missing something. But let me assure you, small packs usually die just as quickly as big packs. That's why i never bothered to get a response from GGG in order to make sure my unstanding of the LA + LMP + CHAIN mechanics are 100% correct.
Last edited by Lunys on Jan 23, 2014, 10:17:36 PM
"
Lunys wrote:
Unfortunately the rate at which you leech mana is capped. It is true that you do leech an insane amount of mana, but you don't leech it quickly enough.

Just like life leech... but in this case there is vaal pact to make the leech instant... no such thing available for mana leech.

The fewer monsters there are the less likely it gets that all 36 hits actually hit.
But it is possible for chain to bounce back and forth.
So yeah it is possible to get 36 hits on 6 monsters.
Actually it is possible once you got a pack of at least 4 monsters.

Don't quote me on this though, i may be missing something. But let me assure you, small packs usually die just as quickly as big packs. That's why i never bothered to get a response from GGG in order to make sure my unstanding of the LA + LMP + CHAIN mechanics are 100% correct.

Thanks for the fast response. Still enjoying the build although I am wondering why you recommend it for only those with good gear. This build has worked well for me and at lvl64 i'm ready to do piety. My gear is not that good. I'm only doing 1800dps LA 3300dps frenzy (b4 charges) and i still kill ok although I'll soon need better gear. I must admit that my play style is a little different in that i curse with projectile weakness and use an iceshot ranged totem for kiting harder rare/boss monsters. Also I only have 2k life and have only died a couple of times.

So to me this build is great without good gear and I'm looking forward to it when I can afford the good stuff.

Cheers
Bazz
"
bazzaq wrote:
I must admit that my play style is a little different in that i curse with projectile weakness and use an iceshot ranged totem for kiting harder rare/boss monsters.

Try decoy totem. Just curse boss, throw decoy away, wait till boss go for it and then unload full duration diamond flask with frenzy. Much fater and no kitting needed.
I have made pretty similar build, just with some little differences cuz i have only few chaos orbs and cant afford anything good. For example i cant spec vaal pact as i dont have much hp (3k) nor realy high dps (1200 LA / 6700 frenzy - both only 4link). I have picked diamond skin, more HP nodes and crit nodes, which can be later changed via refund points from quests.
"
DwaneDibbley wrote:
"
bazzaq wrote:
I must admit that my play style is a little different in that i curse with projectile weakness and use an iceshot ranged totem for kiting harder rare/boss monsters.

Try decoy totem. Just curse boss, throw decoy away, wait till boss go for it and then unload full duration diamond flask with frenzy. Much fater and no kitting needed.
I have made pretty similar build, just with some little differences cuz i have only few chaos orbs and cant afford anything good. For example i cant spec vaal pact as i dont have much hp (3k) nor realy high dps (1200 LA / 6700 frenzy - both only 4link). I have picked diamond skin, more HP nodes and crit nodes, which can be later changed via refund points from quests.

Thanks for that. My damage is similar to yours and hps at 3.1k. At lvl 71 I'm still doing docks, cata, library and piety runs to level and they are fairly easy.

I can see that hps is going to be an issue with this build if I can't afford kaoms. However, I'm saving up for a better weapon first as my current bow only does around 240dps.

Cheers
Baz
prob i will start with Maligaros and glare, any other relative cheap gear to look?, on the rare gear look for ressist/life/crit? also any gem worth to spend some currency to get high q. gem?

What would you recomend, trying to get 6l or Taming ring?
"
pelll wrote:
prob i will start with Maligaros and glare, any other relative cheap gear to look?, on the rare gear look for ressist/life/crit? also any gem worth to spend some currency to get high q. gem?

What would you recomend, trying to get 6l or Taming ring?

6 Link is way more important than a taming ring, or any other piece of gear for that matter.
Lunys,

I'm liking the guide and am glad that you converted the build from a voltaxic based. I might try out a voltaxic build once I'm rich enough to get one as well.

My ranger is currently has no spec since the last ranger based reset, so I"m looking for a leveled build. I will continue to look it over and I"m thinking I like your build. More to come once I dig into the spec some more and see what I like.

Thanks!
I'm also considering how to make this build without bloodmagic, but I guess that's a whole different build really. Have you considered something like this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info