1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
Ricardobdi wrote:
"
Zazulio wrote:
"
Ricardobdi wrote:
Any of you guys have lvled this on Beyond? If so, can you tell me how its doing? if its viable or not, specially against the '' beyond mobs '' that spawn when you kill many of trash mobs together.. i´ve been having some problems against those..

And about BM, do you guys pick it early on or you wait until like cruel or something cuz of the ''huge life pool'' that you need to keep up with it?

Thanks a lot for even reading this (=

This build has a huge life pool by design. If you've taken the health and regen nodes along the way to blood magic, you should be able to endlessly spam your abilities without even seeing your health bar drop. I got it in Act 2 normal, and was already so tanky that the only mobs that could make my life bar flicker were rare mobs and bosses, even spamming my abilities. I had never used blood magic before, and was so impressed with it that I already have several new builds I want to try with it once I'm done with this one!

Keep in mind: the node just beyond blood magic, with the reduced amount of reservation for auras, can be extremely handy. I grabbed that and linked Vitality to to a reduced mana gem, and now for only about 10% of health pool, I gain a free 1% - 1.6% life regen per second, which makes quite a difference! Once I level a bit more, and get some better gear, I also hope to run the Purity of Elements aura, to cap out my resistances without having to pick gear specifically based on its resistance values (I sacrificed the passive resistance nodes in favor of more life regen and life leech). If my resistances end up being well met by gear, then I can use the new Herald of Ash skill gem to gain more DPS.

Thanks very much for the answer man.. i think im doing it then.. unfortunately i don´t have reduced mana.. and just another question, this spamming you say, is with Life on Hit gem right?

Well, it's not difficult to get your passive health regen high enough to completely cover the cost of your abilities without any life leech or life on hit, BUT those gems are essentially mandatory anyway. Having some kind of strong passive health sustain is pretty crucial!
"
scarything wrote:
"
minibuu wrote:
Hey, I'm pretty new and hope to use this as my first build in Beyond.

Is it really not worth picking up the Lust for Carnage cluster in 1.2?
For 5 points you get;
3% physical attack damage leeched as life
30 life gained on kill
4 life gained for each enemy hit by your attacks (also, does that mean if I groundslam a group of say 10 I get 10x4 life?)

It just seems like a super fun cluster to me, especially with bloodmagic and stuff.

Yes you get 10x4. Cluster might be handy leveling, terrible investement later on though.

Why is this a bad investment for later?
Those aren't that good later on, life on hit/kill would need to be alot more at highder levels to be useful. Lifeleech can be accuired in better ways.
I'm upset that this guide makes no mention of the stunlocking potential of ground slam. I'm currently playing a molten strike-based marauder in beyond, and I ended up turning it toward stunlocking, by grabbing four nodes next to resolute technique. I plan on also getting the mace damage/stun threshold reduction nodes near blood magic, but that will have to wait.

I use ground slam with the stun gem, endurance charge on stun, and added fire damage (this last one is a variable.. i'm using that gem since i'm also running an iron will+flame totem+lmp+fire pen setup, with flammability as my curse of choice, so adding fire damage to the ground slams makes use of the curse I'm using.) As it is, I have just over 100% stun threshold reduction, which means roughly 87.5% effective stun threshold reduction. That means, a hit only needs to do 6.25% of the mob's maximum health for a guaranteed stun. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Stun#Stun_threshold -- I also have about 115% increased stun duration, and so the base duration, 350 ms, gets up to over my attack speed (it's around .75 second stun duration compared to an attack time of .61 seconds). Add to that increased aoe radius and stuff stays stunlocked for days.

And once it's down to a safe number of mobs, I can wipe em up very quickly with molten strike, since it does insane damage with a two-hander.

Anyway, the point is that stunlocking is really easy to do with ground slam. I only have an investment of 4 skill points right now in stun-focused things. With around 10 skill points dedicated to stunning, you can easily get guaranteed stuns at only 5% of the mob's health.

And with the endurance charge on stun skill... need I say more?
Last edited by seedmole on Aug 28, 2014, 1:13:49 AM
"
T33mon wrote:
Does anybody have this build around level 70-80?
How much DPS and health do you have assuming you have low end (1-2ex worth) gear?
Can you link you passive tree and gear?

I'm currently a lvl 70 groundslammer.
HP: 4,2k
GS: 7,4k
HS: 12,4k
My gear is all self-found and I am running Hatred and Herald of Ash. Once I get enough Chaos Resistance on my gear I will be running Blood Rage for leech. I sustain my life from flasks for now.

Tree:

Gear:
Spoiler

Last edited by Zapeto on Aug 28, 2014, 1:56:23 AM
Hi NinjaArabStrategist, I have two questions.

1) I like your awesome build.
But this build is ending at level 70. Do you have "end build" too (i mean +-120 skill points/level 100)? If you have it, please send it to me.

2) NORMAL DIFFICULTY: Oak - Health
Why? 8% elemental resistances is better (+100HP is nothing), or not?
+40 hp is actually really good, can't get that much from the tree, and +8 resists can be achieved easily.
"
Pavetsu wrote:
+40 hp is actually really good, can't get that much from the tree, and +8 resists can be achieved easily.

But one enemy hit is harder then 40 HP, or not?
"
Ciderino wrote:
"
Pavetsu wrote:

But one enemy hit is harder then 40 HP, or not?

It is acutally more than 40 HP because of the % Life in the skill tree.
"
Zapeto wrote:
"
T33mon wrote:
Does anybody have this build around level 70-80?
How much DPS and health do you have assuming you have low end (1-2ex worth) gear?
Can you link you passive tree and gear?

I'm currently a lvl 70 groundslammer.
HP: 4,2k
GS: 7,4k
HS: 12,4k
My gear is all self-found and I am running Hatred and Herald of Ash. Once I get enough Chaos Resistance on my gear I will be running Blood Rage for leech. I sustain my life from flasks for now.

Tree:

Gear:
Spoiler

How do you manage to spam GS without blood magic and mana flasks, while having 2 auras up?
Last edited by abc450 on Aug 28, 2014, 7:37:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info